Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
People say they are loners and they like to be alone, but i wonder if people are alone or they have friends, like you, you have friends and do not give them up for your love of aloness, and it makes no difference to me about true inner happiness, people generally do not like loneness unless they have friends they can turn to.
Well that's what I have been saying all along, if you are happy being by yourself and enjoy your own company, then you will be happy also to be with others. Now if you are not happy being by yourself and you don't know how to enjoy your own company, then yo will NEED others to make you happy, but this happiness because you NEED others, isn't true happiness, its just insecurity.
Old 20-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well that's what I have been saying all along, if you are happy being by yourself and enjoy your own company, then you will be happy also to be with others. Now if you are not happy being by yourself and you don't know how to enjoy your own company, then yo will NEED others to make you happy, but this happiness because you NEED others, isn't true happiness, its just insecurity.

I tend to think inner happiness only goes so far and is disturbed when the outer aspects are neglected, so I feel best to cultivate an inner sanctum and natural self expression, so alone time is healthy in conjuction with human interaction.
Old 20-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I tend to think inner happiness only goes so far and is disturbed when the outer aspects are neglected, so I feel best to cultivate an inner sanctum and natural self expression, so alone time is healthy in conjuction with human interaction.
Yes that's true but I have to say that if your inner happiness doesn't last, well it wasn't true inner happiness in the first place. But I am really coming from an inner awareness or someone who can see that there is no one to be unhappy, the one who seems to be unhappy is just the ego, the true inner SELF can never be unhappy because it is pure happiness its SELF.
Old 20-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes that's true but I have to say that if your inner happiness doesn't last, well it wasn't true inner happiness in the first place. But I am really coming from an inner awareness or someone who can see that there is no one to be unhappy, the one who seems to be unhappy is just the ego, the true inner SELF can never be unhappy because it is pure happiness its SELF.

What does that mean? That the one who appears happy is something else from the one who appears sad? I never do understand these things anyway, but I feel happy and sad.
Old 20-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What does that mean? That the one who appears happy is something else from the one who appears sad? I never do understand these things anyway, but I feel happy and sad.
Yes the one who "appears" happy is something else, his happiness only last as long as what makes him happy continues. The one who truly knows happiness still can feel sadness but not because he is lacking happiness, but because sadness arises and sadness disappears, its there and its gone, there is no ownership. The one who is in Awareness knows that there is no one there to own happiness or sadness, there is just what IS, but because one now has realize this then life is lived without clinging to what one believes to be happiness, or even sadness. So you feel sadness and you feel happiness, that is all it is, it only become a problem when we take ownership and lose ourself within it.