Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 06-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Paolo Trepiccione

Seasonal Affinity

Wasn't sure where else to put this question but after a few Google searches; Paganism is the only tie-in to this I can find.

What I would like to know is this: Is there such a thing as seasonal affinity? By that I mean; do things just massively change or improve depending on the time of year for some people. The reason I ask this is because October/January (Winter) is always associated with huge changes in my life, good and bad. Things just seem to come together or change around this time and I am feeling this may be more than a coincidence.

Take at the moment for example: I have just recently reunited with a very old friend that I thought lost from years ago. I have just completed arrangements for a better mortgage and I have a couple of interviews coming up (among other things).

Is this something to do with a link between me and Winter? Is there anything I can do to strengthen the bond and make it more positive? I really need one of these interviews to come to something and if there is anything I can do to improve my odds then I will do it.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Master
Winter time is about drawing in the light, even though it's the darkest time

After the Equinox the days start to get longer again, it's only because they're at their shortest that darkness is more apparent

It's a time to reflect, shed and renew, ready to spring back and carry on from Spring onwards

Just out of curiosity, what time of year were you born? Going from that, where is winter in your own personal year line? If say, the start of your first quarter of your year is the spring time, then summer, then autumn, then winter? Does it line up with the seasons of the year or are they different?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Quintessence

Humans are animals, and both seasonal and circadian rhythms are part of our biology. It doesn't have so much to do with Neopaganism as biology, but if you are Neopagan, chances are you're more salient of the nonhuman world than your mundane counterparts. I can't say I personally notice massive changes during Winter's Tide. No, winter is more the time to sit still, be quiet, and stop moving all the time. Unfortunately, my culture pushes me to keep going regardless. IIRC, I stumbled upon an article recently that suggested our failure to obey seasonal rhythms is in part responsible for some psychological problems during wintertime. I can't recall the study offhand, though, so don't take my word on it.

As for what's going on in your personal life, if you practice spellcraft, you can always do that in addition to the obvious things you should be doing to prepare for interviews.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Sungirl

Yes, there can be periods through the year that are more productive.

I find it easier to look at it as if you were sewing seeds in a field.

The late winter and early spring is a time of preparation. It is a time when the fields are ploughed and seeds sewn. Growth is hard to see.

Mid spring to early summer is the time when most growth happens but there is no harvest yet. It's easy to get impatient at this time because you can see stuff happening but you're not there yet.

Late summer to early autumn is the harvest time, this is when you reap the bounty of your work.

Then late autumn to early winter you are enjoying the fruits of your labour and passing through a time of rest and assimilation of what you have learned.. this can be seen as a "down time" when you rest and recover, but it is also easy to get frustrated again because you are wanting to move onto the next thing.

The Equinoxes (spring and autumn) are times where the days are of equal length but either side it can be quite story in life, there is a lot in flux and it can seem chaotic.

Factor into this the moon phases too and it all gets a bit complicated... but I don't worry so much about that as the Sun is the important thing to me... hence my name.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Humans are animals, and both seasonal and circadian rhythms are part of our biology. It doesn't have so much to do with Neopaganism as biology, but if you are Neopagan, chances are you're more salient of the nonhuman world than your mundane counterparts. I can't say I personally notice massive changes during Winter's Tide. No, winter is more the time to sit still, be quiet, and stop moving all the time. Unfortunately, my culture pushes me to keep going regardless. IIRC, I stumbled upon an article recently that suggested our failure to obey seasonal rhythms is in part responsible for some psychological problems during wintertime. I can't recall the study offhand, though, so don't take my word on it.

Quint... I am certain that being forced to continue with the pace of life in the winter as if it is summer is a major factor in my SAD, which is why I have to use various lights to fool my biological clock into thinking it is still summer... the part of me that is tied to the seasonal change is screaming at me to stop and sleep, hibernate if you wish, while life is making me carry on.. I think my path as a pagan has tied me even closer to the seasons making their effect even more apparent!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Master

http://www.orindaben.com/pages/excerpts/cmexcerp/

You asked about upcoming job interviews. Here is an answer from the Universe that I used to create the job that I have now (and I created this job with intention). This is an excerpt from the book that I used that helped me to do that.

What I didn't see in this excerpt is a process that was very powerful for me (I think it was about halfway through the book) about sending light to your future employer and meeting on an energetic level, and about putting yourself in the energetic space, once you are focused on not only how that company can help you financially, but how YOU can help that company. Figuring out how your presence can benefit them was HUGE for me, I was so used to looking at job hunting from my perspective only. When you focus more on how you can help them and how they can help us, and it is more of an equal balance between the two, that was so helpful. There are many good, good things in the excerpt that can help.

And get clear about what type of job you want to create before you go to your interviews. What do you really want? What types of people do you want to work with (rather than those that you don't want to work with - I am sure everyone has plenty of types of people they don't enjoy working with) focusing on the postive of what DO you want, instead of what don't you want helped me get clear focus about what I was asking the Universe to help me to get.

Hope this is helpful....and congratulations on having so many interviews!!!

Light.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Master
Winter is my time. The moors are covered in snow. Only "odd" wanderers like myself are there, listening to the silence.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Weardale/HighestMoor1.jpg