Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 08-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Guide
Question Music during Tarot Reading

I've been giving myself reading's for a few years now and I seem to be stuck in finding the right kind of music to listen too. I have a few New Age albums and I feel like maybe I'm just not finding the right track to fit the mood. Can't seem to relax and I need music to help relax me as I'm giving reading's to myself or to someone else. So I'm curious to know: what music do you usually listen too or recommend me listening to. I'd love to hear different opinions from everyone on here!
Old 08-06-2014, 06:58 PM
LarimarSpirit

If I listen to something it's usually nature sounds. My favorites are ocean tracks and ones with streams and rivers. Music with a lot going on or vocals tends to distract me.

The big thing for me lately is lighting incense or a scented candle when I do readings. The smell helps to relax me the way music does for you :)
Old 08-06-2014, 07:12 PM
LadyTerra

I find that it depends on my mood...so I have several (and sometimes I find silence is best) "Medicine Power" by Niall & "Celtic Dreamer" by Chris Conway.

The first is very rhythmic (with a Rain Storm & lots of Nature Sounds)...

The second is very calm, smooth, & relaxing...
Old 11-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Master
Try listening to music that you like and you don't find too distracting. Listen to your favorite songs. What's wrong with playing some Tori? :)
Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 AM
danieltalis

The quieter the better for me. I need to know what's coming through and any sort of music or noise is distracting.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:04 PM
elisi

i too like it quiet when reading cards.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Master
I like working with scents. I usually get some essential oil going in my burner, choice varies and made intuitively for that particular moment/reading. I'm not keen on incense, too smoky and too overwhelming.

As for music, I prefer nature sounds, esp. water. Not the ocean when doing a reading, but a stream or something like that.

I tend to go for the same track that I've been using for years. Got some chirping birds, bit of wind and water etc in it.
It's called 'Chinese Bamboo Flute music - Spring in the Tibetan Grassland'
It lasts some 40 minutes and composed of a piece of music that's being repeated some 3 times. I've used it for some 7 years now, so I know it backwards. Maybe the predictability of it helps as well?
It's not obtrusive at all, I've used it during meditations, hot stone massages and readings.

I have another one with nature sounds that has a lot of bees buzzing around. I don't like that so much. Like when a mosquito keeps buzzing around your head, it's not relaxing. I like the sound of (bumble) bees when I'm chilling in my garden, but not whilst doing a reading/meditating.
Old 25-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
I've been giving myself reading's for a few years now and I seem to be stuck in finding the right kind of music to listen too. I have a few New Age albums and I feel like maybe I'm just not finding the right track to fit the mood. Can't seem to relax and I need music to help relax me as I'm giving reading's to myself or to someone else. So I'm curious to know: what music do you usually listen too or recommend me listening to. I'd love to hear different opinions from everyone on here!
Ive always played my music at random when reading at home
Old 26-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Seeker

Nicholas Gunn - flutist - incredibly relaxing and inspiring music ...

~ V
Old 27-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Seeker
Lately I have enjoyed listening to the album, "Osho Zen Tarot: Music for Tarot Reading" while reading Tarot and Oracle cards. I just picked up Coldplay's new album, Ghost Stories and I think that it would be great to listen to as well.