Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, it's a question of getting TOTAL deep relaxation in the physical body, plus not being TOO comfortable at the same time, or it's easy to just fall asleep deeply.
I've found that what helps more for me is to be just a tiny bit sleepy, just enough to skim slightly under the surface, but not dive any deeper. Like a balancing-act. Like skimming stones on water. The angle has to be just right or the stones sink. Kind of a bit like that. If I do that, when the ap starts and I feel any slight vibrations I'll wake to full consciousness immediately.(don't feel buzzing/vibrating strongly any more, but that slight twanging sound is always enough to wake me.
That method 90% of the time always works for me to at least initially get out of body. Unless I am more tired than I think, then it doesn't.

What's the book by Buhlman? I would be interested to read it.
Old 27-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Master

Hi Tobi, There are two books, Adventures beyond the body: How to experience out of body travel. The second book, The Secret of the Soul.
I liked Buhlman's books. It was easy to read and understand. His approach was very good and sensible. It was not complicated and that is how I think ap is, not complicated. The books was very helpful. I am not sure but I think you can read the book or both books for free.
I did not ap this morning as I did not want to get out of bed. I did not make the effort. I will make the effort tomorrow morning.
Old 27-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks astralsuzy, I will check those two out, see if I can get them free online, if not, order them.

The drawback for me with Robert Bruce's work is that it can be a bit "heady" -interesting but complex.
However one really useful thing he mentioned was the importance of complete and full DEEP body relaxation for successful astral projection. This rings very true with me...
He said that we can think we're deeply relaxed sometimes but can still hold tension somewhere...that it's completely possible to enter trance or sleep in this state, and it's also possible to begin to astral project in this state. But a tell-tale sign that deep relaxation isn't in fact complete -is if any area of the subtle body finds it hard to get out in any way, or feels "stuck" at all. I don't think you get that (?) but I sometimes do. I have been taking this particular tip on board and found it helpful.
But I would also like to read something much simpler and not so intellectually "heady" so I'll take a look for those books. Thanks.

(HA! Just found it "Adventures beyond the Body" William Buhlman. Downloaded!)
Old 27-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Master

Hi Tobi, it is true that your body has to be completely relaxed. That will make it easier to ap. I have found you do not have to be completely relaxed to ap. I lie down on the floor on a very thin mattress and it is not comfortable. I can feel the floor. What is extremely important is the mind has to be relaxed. If you are thinking my body is not relaxed or my arm feels uncomfortable or whatever, the chances of aping is not likely to happen. If you can ignore how you feel and get your mind to relax you have a high chance of aping. It helps a lot if you believe that you can ap and you will ap any moment.
I used to get stuck trying to get out of my body. I have had a lot of practice. I have found the reason you get stuck is because you are not confident. The more confident you are the easier it is to get out of your body.
Old 28-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Master

Hi all, I was lying down breathing in and out. I thought let myself relax more as I am breathing. I let my whole body relax and I felt my inner self moving out of my body. I was traveling for a while and then I stopped somewhere. I noticed there was a man with me. I asked why was he with me. He said he got a signal that I was out and for him to accompany me. He said his name was Andreas. I never heard of that name before. He said he was an alcoholic. I thought to myself do not let anything distract me. I kept getting myself aware but this person kept talking to me. I ended back into my body. I thought Oh no, Tobi will not be impressed with me for getting distracted again. I thought I will have to get there again and try and see Loki. I was lying down for a little while and I must have been thinking of that place because I was there again. I got myself aware again and I said I am with Loki now. I said it for a while but it was not working. I thought I would say what Tobi suggested me to do. I filled my heart with love. I said I love you Loki and I want to be with you. I could see bits of fur around and it was getting more and more of it until finally I had Loki in my arms. I was patting him and it was great seeing him. I finally did it, thanks to Tobi. I am going to see Loki again but I still have to try harder not to let anyone distract me. I also want to spent more time in getting myself aware. I remember I looked to see what I was wearing. I was wearing a red top and blue shorts.
Old 29-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
That is just so wonderful! I can't tell you how pleased I am for you! WOW
Old 29-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Master

Thanks Tobi, I have been thinking about it a lot today. I am very happy. You helped me to make it happen. If it was not for you I probably would not have seen Loki. I feel I am getting batter at ap experiences. I still have to work on not to get distracted and to get myself more aware. I am going to really try and do that. I will make a big effort to succeed. Now I know how to see pets and love ones. All I have to do is to fill my heart with love. I wonder if it would work if I wanted to go to other places. I can always try it and see. It is a pity I am not able to talk to my family about it as they do not believe in ap.
Old 29-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Filling your heart with love would certainly work for access to higher planes. The purer the love, the higher/finer areas you would reach. Another thing that works is the inner "seeing" of a person/spirit/Being. This isn't seeing with the eyes, but with the heart. Visualizing, in that way, the person's (or animal's) energy pattern, their essential "character". And then love as well.
Many people might think love is an emotion. But love is an energy. It vibrates at a finer level. Embodying love while out of body works like a key in a lock, and synchs your own soul vibrations to that great energy.
My opinion is that if you use that energy you can go more or less anywhere!

It often happens that one member of a family develops spiritually at a faster rate than the others. Lots of people don't believe in ap. I sent the vet who treated my dog the link to her "life after death" blog, and her after-death contacts with me. I know they are scientific people, but thought I should give it to them anyway. Well it seems they don't want to know. Never mind. Everyone has to find their own way in their own time.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Master

Hi all, I have not ap lately. Sometimes I did not try and a lot of times I did try but I fell asleep. There were times I did ap a bit but it was not that great. It is frustrating and disappointing when you keep falling asleep. This time I concentrated so I would not fall asleep. I lost confidence that I could ap which made it harder to ap. I said to myself during the day I can ap and concentrate, I can do it. I was lying down and waiting to ap. I let my whole body relax. I was high up looking down at the countryside. I remembered to be aware. Last time I put feeling into seeing my dog and it worked. This time I put feeling into being aware and it seemed to be better. I think there is room for improvement but I was out a lot longer instead of going back into my body. I still need to work on it. I always seem to be with a person when I ap. I was high up traveling and I said open my eyes and then I could see everything. I wanted to meet an old friend who I have not seen for a very long time. I think I succeeded except I went back into time. I saw my friend in her home but she was a lot younger. Next time I will have to say I want to meet someone in the present time. There is always something to work on.