Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I was listening to a podcast this weekend with a neurobiologist.

He was talking about dreams and those type of experiences that we cannot remember and he said all the memories are there we just don't have access to them. He said regardless of whether we consciously remember or not they still effect us subconsciously. Pretty amazing. I wonder if hypnotism could give us access.
Now there's a thought. I see that as a possibility.
Old 18-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Master

Quote:

He was talking about dreams and those type of experiences that we cannot remember and he said all the memories are there we just don't have access to them. He said regardless of whether we consciously remember or not they still effect us subconsciously. Pretty amazing. I wonder if hypnotism could give us access.

To get access to your subconscious there are two easy ways:
1. at the transition to / out of sleep
2. light (as opposed to deep) hypnosis
Old 20-06-2018, 12:44 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

I remember one NDE I once read where this was exactly what happened. The person had hypnosis sessions many years later for some reason and the NDE memories came back during those sessions.
Old 20-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingClarity
My friend died of a heart attack for 20 minutes and was brought back to life. He doesnt remember anything. Why? I was so disappointed, because I get so much comfort from stories that Ive read. I thought maybe this happened to him so that hed come back with a comforting story for those of us that have lost our loved ones. i was so sad that he had no story. What does this mean? 20 min would be an amazing nde, but he remembers nothing.

You should ask your friend, what he felt when he woke up from his Near death experience. Sometimes we don't remember what it was like, but we can recall what it felt like. Did your friend wake up feeling a sense of well being, loved, or serene?If the answer is yes, he had a Near death experience, but he doesn't remember it. If he woke up feeling nothing, then something else might have happened. And that is what I call, a near death unconscious experience.

What I mean by that is, after he died, his Spirit knew he would come back, and there was no need to relay any messages or experiences to the conscious brain. However I suspect your friend, didn't suffer any brain damage from the lack of oxygen, which in itself is a miraculous thing. His Spirit did visit:heaven, the other side, whatever you want to call it, but there is nothing for him to lean about the other side. And generally speaking, we aren't suppose to recall the other side while we are alive.

Most cases, that's what happens. Only 5 to 15 % of people have an NDE.

I will give you a short run down why. Human consciousness is composed of two things: the living brain, and the subconscious mind a.k.a Spirit. The conscious mind is derived from your physical body. It is what you identify as you when you're awake/alive. The subconscious mind is the real you. It's the aspect of you that exists outside and within the human body. It's the aspect of you that lives when the body is of no more use. NDE's generally aren't part of the dying processes, if the person will be brought back to life. People who have NDE's normally have unexpectedly died before their time, and are told to come back or given the choice.

Choosing to comeback is very, very difficult for us. Hence most of the time, we're told to comeback or forced back into our bodies, because we don't want to comeback. The desire to return home is stronger than our desire to comeback even if we loved our families and lived a good life.

Don't feel unsettled or disappointed that your friend doesn't remember his NDE. If his work on earth was done, and he lived a good life, with no regrets. He would not have survived his heart attack.

BTW I forget to mention, some people will start to recall their NDE's days, months, even years after they died. Hence maybe he does have something to say about it yet.
Old 20-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingClarity
My friend died of a heart attack for 20 minutes and was brought back to life. He doesnt remember anything. Why? I was so disappointed, because I get so much comfort from stories that Ive read. I thought maybe this happened to him so that hed come back with a comforting story for those of us that have lost our loved ones. i was so sad that he had no story. What does this mean? 20 min would be an amazing nde, but he remembers nothing.
I think it is amazing how we humans categorize things, and I say this because I guess the difference between a Near-Death Experience (NDE) and an Out-of-Body Experience (OBE) is that in the OBE the person does not experience death, unlike the NDE, but they both involve out-of-body experiences.

I have had out-of-body experiences that did not involve a near death feature, but when I worked in the medical field I saw, and heard, lots of NDE type stories. It happened a couple of times when I was an ambulance EMT back in the 1970’s, and the medical examiner pronounced someone dead at the scene, we took that person to the morgue in our ambulance, and later that person woke up at the county morgue. In one case they told a fantastic story and in the other case there was no memory of what had happened.

It also happened a couple of times when I worked in a hospital assisting on a surgical procedure where the patient was under a general anesthetic. Afterwards on the post-surgery recovery unit both patients, at separate points in time, shared a story of floating above the surgical table while the operation was taking place, and recounted the details of what the medical staff said and was doing at particular times. In both cases the patients' heart had stopped and needed to be restarted by electrical stimulation (defibrillator) and the patients' recalled everything.

When I myself have had an out-of-body experience, mostly while just sitting in quiet meditation, when I return to my physical body I do not always recall everything from that experience. Over the decades that I have been doing quiet meditation and having these OBE’s I have come to realize that my physical human brain does not have the capacity to recall all that I have experienced beyond this physical human realm. In fact, when I have an OBE this physical human realm seems like a very faint dream. The physical human life that I was living does not seem real from that OBE state of consciousness; it appears as a faint memory. Now this is just me recalling my OBE, and it may be different for others. It is my experience that memory is different when in the OBE than it is while in a physical human body.

However, another analogy may be like having an epiphany of such great clarity, and you grab a pen and write down what you just gained from that epiphany; an incredible flash of astounding wisdom that immediately comes and then goes. After returning to your everyday consciousness, and a day or two later, you look at what you wrote down during that epiphany and it makes no sense whatsoever. The human body, including the features of our mind, memory, imagination, etc., is limited. While the OBE and greater states of consciousness are unlimited. For instance, the human mind does not have the capacity to imagine infinity, because everything we picture in our mind is framed and infinity has no frame.
Old 20-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Administrator
If the ethereal cord does not break you do not die.only when the cord breaks you will pass over.
Nde I have had three each time I was told to go back.twice by my guides once by my grandmother.the first NDE was during an operation I could hear doctors saying she Flat lined for a certain amount of time.
the ethereal cord is to some people seen as either gold or silver.
it comes from your Naval and it stretches.
I have been with people as they pass and seen the cord break.
not everyone who has A NDE does remember it.so it is not unusual.

Namaste
Old 21-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Remembering an NDE (and even an out of body experience also) depends on the brain's ability to "download" the experience when returning to physical consciousness.
Not everyone remembers what happened.
Old 23-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Agreed with that neurobiologist 100%.
Old 17-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Newbie ;)

I thought if any one would have an NDE it would be under these circumstancs.