Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 22-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Master
Being told I'm jewish, is there some basis in tradition /litterature?

Hi,

This is a question long under ways, and it is merely our of curioustity.

Through my childhood and young adult life, it happened many times that I was treated as kin, by aquaintances, strangers and parents of friends for example. People of jewish decent and faith. (Please, what is the term to use, I heard somewhere that Jew was derogatory, but it is still on wikipedia with no mention of it. Please, enlighten me, if you can.)

That is one thing, I have a biblical name (Rakel) and I'm very dark for ascandinavian.

But today I was reminded of a man who told me that I was actually jewish; I explained where my mother was from and father and their parents in turn. I would have loved to be jewish, for sure! The welcoming I got was very warm and caring and a little mysterious, also. Anyway, this man insisted, I don't remember his argument. I just was.

And later it happened another time, with a very old jewish man who said sth like you cannot always count your parents as your parents... He too stated that I was jewish.

I never followed through with examining it because, I felt like a fraud, I didn't want to trespass.

Years ago I saw a film with Jeff Goldblum where something similar happened to him, can't remember anything but the fact that I was somehow relieved I was not the only one this had happened to.

So, my question is; is this 'a thing' in judaism? Is there some basis in tradition or literature for jewish people being born in non-jewish families, needing to 'find home', or something like that?

The man who first talked to me about it, I heard of him today for the first time in 20 years, and my sister reminded me that he had talked even to her about it back then; telling her to ask me to take it seriously. I didn't know that back then, she felt intimidated by the idea that I would not be family, and never conveyed it to me.

And I simply realized today, hat I have always wondered if there could be any truth to it somehow. If there was/is some 'magic' that I've closed the door on.

Very, very curious to hear if anyone has any insights to it!

Thank you! / Mi

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 24-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Rakel
Hi,

This is a question long under ways, and it is merely our of curioustity.

Through my childhood and young adult life, it happened many times that I was treated as kin, by aquaintances, strangers and parents of friends for example. People of jewish decent and faith. (Please, what is the term to use, I heard somewhere that Jew was derogatory, but it is still on wikipedia with no mention of it. Please, enlighten me, if you can.)

That is one thing, I have a biblical name (Rakel) and I'm very dark for ascandinavian.

But today I was reminded of a man who told me that I was actually jewish; I explained where my mother was from and father and their parents in turn. I would have loved to be jewish, for sure! The welcoming I got was very warm and caring and a little mysterious, also. Anyway, this man insisted, I don't remember his argument. I just was.

And later it happened another time, with a very old jewish man who said sth like you cannot always count your parents as your parents... He too stated that I was jewish.

I never followed through with examining it because, I felt like a fraud, I didn't want to trespass.

Years ago I saw a film with Jeff Goldblum where something similar happened to him, can't remember anything but the fact that I was somehow relieved I was not the only one this had happened to.

So, my question is; is this 'a thing' in judaism? Is there some basis in tradition or literature for jewish people being born in non-jewish families, needing to 'find home', or something like that?

The man who first talked to me about it, I heard of him today for the first time in 20 years, and my sister reminded me that he had talked even to her about it back then; telling her to ask me to take it seriously. I didn't know that back then, she felt intimidated by the idea that I would not be family, and never conveyed it to me.

And I simply realized today, hat I have always wondered if there could be any truth to it somehow. If there was/is some 'magic' that I've closed the door on.

Very, very curious to hear if anyone has any insights to it!

Thank you! / Mi
It gets that way one wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a Hebrew or a Goy, on so many levels. It says in the scriptures that the Hebrews were scattered into all nations, at different times I might add. Yes the word Jew was and probably still is considered derogatory just like the word Goy. I don't mind either. These people that call you Jewish might be right, they may see something about you. If you help others, it wouldn't matter whether you're a Hebrew or Goy in my opinion. If for some reason you do find out you're Hebrew you must become a light to the Goy.
Old 24-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Master
Oh and btw Your username is definitely Hebrew.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yes the word Jew was and probably still is considered derogatory just like the word Goy.

Old 28-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Seeker

Goy just means nations. It’s actually not deregetory but somehow picked up a negative coonotation
Old 28-11-2017, 03:12 AM
Seeker

If you believe you should be a Jew then there is the option to convert. But, it’s a big commitment to follow many laws that a non-Jew would not be required to keep in order to be considered a righteous noahide
Old 06-12-2017, 02:07 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkah Esther
Goy just means nations. It’s actually not deregetory but somehow picked up a negative coonotation
Yep that's right and its also translated as Heathen too and its funny hearing a Heathen call another person a Heathen.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Shux are you Homer Simpson? rabbi Homer Simpson? Are you guys still boasting a bloodline back to the Pharisees?
Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 AM
Suspended
Master
What happened to Rabbi Doh? I thought he wanted to have a discussion he must've got shy in the middle somewhere.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:55 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkah Esther
If you believe you should be a Jew then there is the option to convert. But, it’s a big commitment to follow many laws that a non-Jew would not be required to keep in order to be considered a righteous noahide
Yeah to name one is quite strange and that is the ritual hand washing, oh and the tying of shoe laces too. Well I might as well mention this, if you happen to go on a boat on the Sabbath and someone falls overboard you're not allowed to throw a lifesaver to save his/her life for that would be working on the Sabbath, but we know better even as Goy. In the same scenario if a Goy happens to put a ramp for a Jew(supposed Jew) to get onto the boat that supposed Jew is not allowed on the boat. So if the Goy happens to put the ramp there on the Sabbath but didn't know the Jew(supposed) was coming then its ok even though the Captain and his crew are working on the Sabbath.
Another one to consider is from the Tanakh forbidding the speaking of the names of other gods yet when you look at the so called Jewish calendar there you would find names of many gods. In contrast to that those same supposed Jews say that the name YHWH is ineffable and that's just a load of hogwash like the other laws I just mentioned.
" You shall not use the name YHWH in vain" now that does not say "You shall not use my name at all and you are to REPLACE it with other titles". I'm sure Rabbi Doh has something to say on this.