Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,376
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Don't worry, if there's a title of ''least spiritual guy'' belonging to someone here then it's most likely me.
You are probably the one who is 'least spiritual according to whatever other people think about it"...however, let's do this for all those who do not know what 'spiritual' means:

Quote:
spiritual
ˈspɪrɪtʃʊəl,ˈspɪrɪtjʊəl/
adjective
adjective: spiritual

1.
relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
"I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare"
synonyms: non-material, inner, psychic, psychical, psychological; More
incorporeal, intangible, other-worldly, unworldly, ethereal;
transcendent, mystic, mystical, numinous, metaphysical;
rareextramundane, immaterial
"the spiritual dimension of human experience"
antonyms: physical, material, corporeal, mundane
having a relationship based on a profound level of mental or emotional communion.
"he never forgot his spiritual father"
(of a person) not concerned with material values or pursuits.
2.
relating to religion or religious belief.
"the country's spiritual leader"
synonyms: religious, sacred, divine, holy, non-secular, church, churchly, ecclesiastic, devotional
"spiritual music"
antonyms: secular

noun
noun: spiritual; plural noun: spirituals; noun: Negro spiritual; plural noun: Negro spirituals

1.
a religious song of a kind associated with black Christians of the southern US, and thought to derive from the combination of European hymns and African musical elements by black slaves.

Origin
Middle English: from Old French spirituel, from Latin spiritualis, from spiritus (see spirit).
Translate spiritual to
Use over time for: spiritual
__________________
Human Logic #1:
"You shouldn't care about what other's think...but you care about what I think, right?"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-02-2017, 08:11 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,750
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
This is an amazing post! It's a revelation, based on all the posts I have made on this forum in the past two weeks...it all boils down to this.

After it happened - it was last night, not today..although my mother told me I 'wasn't spiritual' today, but she wouldn't even know the meaning of the word anyway. lol

However, after it happened, I could NOT get 'Save Yourself' by Stabbing Westward out of my head...it kept playing over and over...like an iPod on repeat and I couldn't shut it down...it eventually stopped when I went to sleep.

The whole lyrics of that song...


Gosh I am normal. I get songs all the time playing at me, in my head...They are a wealth of wisdom.

Quote:
Basically, the message I got from it is people ask 'any internet random' for help, instead of finding those people, who have had the same problems, but are now fully over them as a freaking living advertisement that the 'help' has actually 'worked'....but online, it's like the blind leading the blind...the mentally ill leading the mentally ill...


Like minded will actually serve you much faster than going round in circles with other minded. Like minded open state will serve you even faster again. But you got to like your own mind first to find other like minded people who match..hehehe
Quote:
Yes, I can be honest with myself too. I also have that quality, but I usually assign my little 'voice of conscience' to a guide/angel/higher self...this is what basically told me that I am not emotionally prepared within myself to deal with emotionally fragile people because I am too logical...too 'down to earth' and I call a spade, a spade...'spiritual' or 'not spiritual' and if somebody is prepared to call my 'spade' a 'heart', they must have a pretty good reason for doing so...but I guess "because I want to" counts as a reason these days......because...yes...it's how the world IS...hallelujah!


I had to learn to develop logic so its easier now. I was actually to in my 'Spiritual head space" when a logically person told me I needed to get real..hahaha. But he was right. My logic hadn't even formed..lol. Logic meets the feeler/empathic heart......omgoodness if one is not ready to hear it, and feel what it offers..oh boy. Would be like a time bomb going off in them, denying all they ever have known about themselves. The empathic heart would bleed if their wounds are open and exposed..Logic would feel like a slap in the heart space big time.. Wake up calls come in many ways. So be aware waking up in you for others as they are counts too..

Quote:
Now the trick is for me to conform to a world, to a society I have to find my own particular niche in, because empathetic emotions are 'other people's business'...I will find it one day though.


Start your own logical business, where minds matter, but they don't from a spiritual perspective..lol.
__________________
“God’s one and only voice are Silence.” ~ Herman Melville

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,376
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
If it is taken that way, minds do not matter but neither does the heart. If I had to be a slave to emotion or intellect, I choose intellect - but why be a 'slave' you say? because it seems that most people are.

However, if viewed logically (I view all my emotions logically, unfortunately) each of us have our own 'fragile emotional archilles heel' I guess...each has a trigger or switch, like you previously said. For some, it is having others say 'the hopeless cannot be helped' while for others it is 'why u no see the God within eh?' and make infy posts about it. lol

One, it is a total invalidation of feelings...the other is a total validation of them.

Like you had to learn logic, I had to learn emotion...if emotional responses can be 'learned' in any way....I still struggle with sympathy and sarcasm...often the two can be intertwined on any given day...

However, if there was one good thing my ex ever said to me was; 'the problem with you is you think way too much'.

Now, of course I can slow it all down through meditation...but when meditation is over, I go back to 'thinking too much' lol

Of course I can gaze at an object and lose thought, but when I snap out of trance, I go back to 'thinking too much'.

Is there a way not to think about anything at all whatsoever whilst interacting with the 'real world'? because this is the only way I can see myself letting it go and accepting it. Thank you.
__________________
Human Logic #1:
"You shouldn't care about what other's think...but you care about what I think, right?"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Joyce Joyce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Berkshires of MA, eastern USA
Posts: 287
 
LOA (lol) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
Okay, had this whole commentary written out about feelings and spirituality and no one being "worthy" enough to deem who is spiritual and who's not according to their rules...but, twice it wouldn't post, third time (being the charm) I tried it took out my internet even though I was posting on other posts here.

Sign from the Universe I'm not meant to share my thoughts...so, yes, I will keep checking back here! But honestly, no one here is qualified enough to judge the worth of another's spiritual essence ;)

Funny, I was going to say something nice; thought I wouldn't; must have touched something unintentionally or whatever and this reply appears. So, perhaps I will.

My first thought was along similar lines as yours, and I thought that perhaps we didn't need details on who is who's not . . support or not.

And I DID wasn't to agree about who's qualified to judge anyway ~ thanks
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Joyce Joyce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Berkshires of MA, eastern USA
Posts: 287
 
You've said what's also in my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
. .I didn't want people to notice me, I wanted others to notice it...and how it was expressing itself through me and affecting me.

It was too bad that others thought it was me just 'seeking attention'...attention they didn't want to give because it would lead to me becoming reliant/dependent upon external platitudes instead of seeking the answers within myself.

...but c'mon, what makes me any different from anybody else? what makes it so difficult to say "you have a beautiful soul and I can see it?" maybe they cannot see it like you can...no matter how much I try and show it.

It gets to the stage where I could walk on water but nobody will ever see it because they 'weren't looking' at the time...this is what it constantly feels like anyway.

So thank you so much for saying that because it has taken the pressure off just a bit and I am just reaching out for any final straws or lifelines before immersing myself into total solipsism.

Thanks again.

My 2 cents is how I so badly wish my family felt this inside me, from me . . But all they see is ego. I believe they're so immersed in their own "successful EGO's" that it blinds them.

Thanks for opening this subject Necromancer ~
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Joyce Joyce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Berkshires of MA, eastern USA
Posts: 287
 
Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Is there anything the world isn't? seeing as how everything 'is what it is?' Curious.

Well isn't, the, this just how it is (what the world isn't)? Funny catch-22 if that's the analogy :)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Not spiritual, from my days in a church followed by a dysfunctional marriage followed by a cult: She strikes at me. But she clothes it in the most caring, concerned language you can imagine. As nectarous and thick as saccharine syrup.

I of course react because I call out bee ess when it's there in front of me, and I know what passive-aggressive is.

And now look! Look everyone at how he reacted, his reaction is SO not spiritual. But I forgive you, I was once where you are now, ha ha! Oh and look again at his inability to be vulnerable, his unwillingness to open up and share. His reaction to being challenged.

I don't hang around and pretend to "share" for the same reason I would scramble out of an alligator pit pronto.

Post #9. The anti-post of this thread topic. It is all spiritual.

Last edited by Baile : 04-02-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:56 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,750
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
If it is taken that way, minds do not matter but neither does the heart. If I had to be a slave to emotion or intellect, I choose intellect - but why be a 'slave' you say? because it seems that most people are.

However, if viewed logically (I view all my emotions logically, unfortunately) each of us have our own 'fragile emotional archilles heel' I guess...each has a trigger or switch, like you previously said. For some, it is having others say 'the hopeless cannot be helped' while for others it is 'why u no see the God within eh?' and make infy posts about it. lol


They can be until they see another way to be. I am empowered now emotionally, but the journey to reach this in myself was like climbing ten mountains. I see the depth of falling in and climbing out through my own awareness, it allows me to be aware of others now without getting to involved with any of it.. Its a god damn blessing lol. Some call high sensitivity a curse, it can be until you break the curse.. When I look back at what I once was, I cant even express to you how different I am now. Emotionally stable in the face of adversity that once took me down into a hole so deep, it took years and years to climb out from that emotional bind. I dived into it all and cried me a river...

Quote:
One, it is a total invalidation of feelings...the other is a total validation of them.

Like you had to learn logic, I had to learn emotion...if emotional responses can be 'learned' in any way....I still struggle with sympathy and sarcasm...often the two can be intertwined on any given day...

I will share this. Even as I am compassionate and sympathetic, now days I am not involved with others where they are in need of this. I can offer it, but interestingly I am not involved with it now days. I am kind of neutral. I can be aware of the need and respond accordingly. But I am not involved in the emotions. So clarity in feeling really does end those old binds, where we get caught up with others in our own emotions sometimes tied to things that trigger our own response from the past. Clear feeling will often feel and let go faster when the underneath clarity is balanced. Which is where I am in me . I feel but its transient and faster now. In the moment most often ..

Quote:
However, if there was one good thing my ex ever said to me was; 'the problem with you is you think way too much'.

Now, of course I can slow it all down through meditation...but when meditation is over, I go back to 'thinking too much' lol

If your a predominate thinker then yes you probably will...lol If your an extrovert thinker. God help us all..lol

Quote:
Quote:
Of course I can gaze at an object and lose thought, but when I snap out of trance, I go back to 'thinking too much'.

Quote:
Is there a way not to think about anything at all whatsoever whilst interacting with the 'real world'? because this is the only way I can see myself letting it go and accepting it. Thank you


Find the space between thoughts and response, then respond. If your caught up in thought yourself, I find for me hitting nature changes that....Just being, not thinking, just being in nature letting nature show me. :)
__________________
“God’s one and only voice are Silence.” ~ Herman Melville

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,376
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Not spiritual, from my days in a church followed by a dysfunctional marriage followed by a cult: She strikes at me. But she clothes it in the most caring, concerned language you can imagine. As nectarous and thick as saccharine syrup.

I of course react because I call out bee ess when it's there in front of me, and I know what passive-aggressive is.

And now look! Look everyone at how he reacted, his reaction is SO not spiritual. But I forgive you, I was once where you are now, ha ha! Oh and look again at his inability to be vulnerable, his unwillingness to open up and share. His reaction to being challenged.

I don't hang around and pretend to "share" for the same reason I would scrabble out of an alligator pit pronto.

Post #9. The anti-post of this thread topic. It is all spiritual.
Maybe you can help me here, Baile. In the attempt to understand this logically.

There are those of us, like yourself and myself who have this inbuilt 'human bee ess detector' and recognise passive-agressive and even the exasperated "I was ONLY trying to help" *sigh* when it gets pointed out.

Now, with the way 'the world is' in that nothing is really bee ess because people accept everything now and tell you to "who are YOU to call the manure farm?" so, what makes your thought any different from the thought of another now?

All one can say is "that sounds like a crock of bull to ME" and have the other person say..."yeah, to YOU" and so, what is ventured and what is gained in this exercise?

I can see a time in the future where language and communication will not exist anyway because it will be totally pointless...
__________________
Human Logic #1:
"You shouldn't care about what other's think...but you care about what I think, right?"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Maybe you can help me here, Baile. In the attempt to understand this logically.
There are a few things. Off the top of my head, one difference is the way people choose to communicate with one another:

"I see what you mean. I don't agree, this is how I see it..."

versus

"But you have not opened you eyes/heart/mind. Once you have, you will see..."

Simple basic practical open-communication stuff. Not spiritual.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums