Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 07-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Seeker

Wim-Hof breathing & Cold showers

Hi there!

This thread can fit into multiple sub-forums but I put it her as breathing exercises can be related to different Yoga practices.

So - Anyone here that do the Wim-Hof breathing and cold showers?

I have done it for almost 25 weeks, and the reason for me doing it is to heal from PTSD and depression - which I almost totally have!

For someone who don't know what it is:

There is a dutch guy called Wim-Hof who have created a concept of doing daily breathing exercises (I have read they are like a variation of tummo-breathing, someone else maybe can fill in here) and combining it with cold-showers.

He hold regular "camps" where you can go along on a winter-hike walking in polish mountains in only shorts (!), which anyone supposedly can endure thanks to the breathing. Looks pretty fun. The guy himself have done multiple stunts which he say are thanks to the "method", for example climbing mount-everest in shorts, running a marathon in the desert without water, being submerged in ice for hours, etc.

Anyway...
I'm pretty sure that this have helped me to climb out from depression and to feel alright again, and I just wanted to tell you about it, and maybe see if someone else here is doing it!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Experiencer
Wim hof: "make friends with the cold"
Me: *attempts to make friends with the cold*
The cold: *kicks my face in leaving me In a mess on the floor*
Wim hof: "It knows you are afraid"

Yeah I know this guy and I think everything he is doing is awesome but a bit much for me :(
Old 09-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Experiencer
He's right though, its basically just about accepting and flowing, and realizing its all there. Just a different doorway for different people.

As far as the cold part, it can say it works from person experience. My feet were reaching stages of hypothermia, but thru the breathing i was able to circulate heat and kept going for a considerable amount of time.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj