Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 08-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Knower
Teeth falling out

Hi everyone,

A very important person to me had what she describes as an awful nightmare and now she is really worried, I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on the meaning and give their perspective...

So this is the dream...she was looking in the mirror and then took something sticky (like glue) off her front tooth, then her mom asked her why she did that and said now it will fall out, she replies I hope it will stay on for a couple of days before she goes to the doctor to check it out, but then she starts to feel that it's loose and panics and worries about being without a front tooth and then it falls out and she starts to feel other teeth falling out and spits them out and looks in the mirror and starts to cry hard and scream calling for her mother asking how to stop it and her mom tries to call a doctor and then she takes out the whole set of teeth as if they were fake and now had no teeth and feels awful and fearful, then she wakes up and goes to the kitchen and tells her mom and sister about the dream and her mom tells her that this dream has bad meaning and she replies that she knows and then she wakes up again for real this time.

She's Russian and from all the Russian explanations this dream means death and illness. She remembers having similar dreams in the past that she thinks occurred before the death of her grandparents which is why she is worried.

If it means anything her mom is overly protective of her.

Any opinions are appreciated,
Thanks.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:00 PM
TheSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent energy
If it means anything her mom is overly protective of her.

Any opinions are appreciated,
Thanks.

Since it wasn't an spontaneous drop of teeth but out of something she did (in the dream) I wouldn't worry about it.

Problem with this is the self-fulfilling prophecy that their beliefs are loading into this occurrence.

They should not feed the notion that something bad happen with their attention.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Newbie ;)

I can't for the life of me remember the source of this info, but I remember reading once that dreams of teeth falling out are indicative of stress. Apparently it's some sort of primitive fear of losing our ability to survive, since teeth are kind of necessary to any animal that needs to feed itself. I don't know how true any of that is, but losing teeth is a pretty common theme in dreams. I've had a few of them myself, and they did indeed come at times when I was very worn down with stress. I hope your friend can figure it all out and find some resolution.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Knower
Dreams of teeth falling out are quite common, and usually denote a sense of losing control in ones life, alot like Arcady said...It may have something to do with others making decisions for her or pushing her into things, things she doesnt feel comfortable with or thinks wont end well.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Ascender

Hello. ..as far as I have experienced dreams similar to this it always means that there was a fight/ big discussion / argument with someone in real life....
Old 10-10-2015, 03:04 AM
Knower
Thanks everybody for your input. Really appreciate it.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Suspended
The dream says she is no more saying false words, in real life. False words can get a little sticky.
Old 13-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Pathfinder
I have had recurring dreams all my life of my teeth falling out. My own interpretation for myself is one of vanity. Fear of losing that which makes me physically beautiful. That being said, when I have one of these dreams, I try to dive deeper into my spiritual self, feeding my mind and heart so as not to focus so hard on my outward appearance.
It can also mean there is a lot of stress in her life right now which is causing fear of loss and control.
Old 14-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonLioness
I have had recurring dreams all my life of my teeth falling out. My own interpretation for myself is one of vanity. Fear of losing that which makes me physically beautiful. That being said, when I have one of these dreams, I try to dive deeper into my spiritual self, feeding my mind and heart so as not to focus so hard on my outward appearance.
It can also mean there is a lot of stress in her life right now which is causing fear of loss and control.

This is an interesting post!
Teeth falling out dreams are also associated with anxiety, loss of self sufficiency (your teeth are used to chewing and feeding yourself I think is what they mean), fear of health issues, fear of aging (dentures, loss, death), fear of unable to speaking clearly, something that is costly to you "It was like pulling teeth!" Things like that.
But also they can mean transitioning. If your teeth were small it could be that you "have room to grow" or need it. Like children loosing their teeth and adult ones coming in. You wish to nurture yourself more carefully, or you feel you need to look at your support system (friends, peers, and family).

When it comes to dream interpretation, it depends on your own outlook at the dream. What do you remember? Color of the teeth, amount missing, feelings (before, during, after), what you were doing (before, during, after).
Your reaction or lack of one for example could change the meaning of a dream drastically. What do your teeth mean to you?

Such a common dream and so many meanings for so many people.