Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Master
Color crystal jewelry

I am not sure if this subject is taboo here and hopefully most don't think it is violent lol but I must say I'm not completely sure myself.. but anyways, I love the idea of crystal jewelry and am not super into wire wrapping though I kind of hope that changes.. I like the look, and feel, of a crystal bare on the skin. I did get one beautiful little aquamarine necklace where I guess the crystal is somehow fastened into one of those tops it hangs from, I'm not sure if that involves any drilling or anything. I would be open to adopting that style if I could do it and be sure my crystals are secure and won't easily fall out or drop.

well my main question is about crystal drilling, and how best and most affordably to do it. I guess there are special teeny tiny drills and you have to use a small vice, or I don't know that is why I am here asking. do any of you do your own crystal jewelry work and if so did you get real expensive tools/equipment or could someone without a lot of money work toward owning them in little time?

if you do crystal wire wrapping or other means of securing crystals for jewelry without harming them I am open to hearing about that too. I might try wire wrapping again, I actually didn't have pure copper or other metal wire when I attempted it before so I think it'd be different if I knew the wire would be harmless and potentially make it even more healing. though it still doesn't necessarily rest on the bare skin and I like the idea of that along with the sleek look of unadorned crystals hanging on the skin. hmmm but anyways I love beads and making jewelry and while I haven't done it in years now I would be more motivated if I was working with crystals and real stones. I did get a few strands or spare pieces of crystal beads through the years but mostly I have lots of awesome glass and unfortunately artificially colored stone stuff.

well as is my usual fashion (sorry) this is a really long post for some pretty simple inquiry but hopefully people will forgive me and reply whatever they feel like posting on the matter or however vaguely related the ideas that pop into your head upon reading this. thank you!
Old 06-11-2018, 10:59 PM
Master
I was curious and came across this video. The drill bit looks quite easy to break.

Have you seen pendants like this before:

I like the way the crystal is held, but not the whole design.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:35 AM
Master
wow that is really intricate, thanks for your post. yeah I like how the strands merge together on the sides, that's awesome. I guess that it is worth considering wire wrapping, especially since some metals are said to have affinity for certain crystals. would be nice to have gold wire lol but we may also have to consider the other metals that are combined with any wire.

oh yeah I think I heard you have to have the crystal or rock wet when drilling. I am almost afraid to check out other videos about drilling on youtube lol thank you for sharing that one.. I see another on the right column feed about risk vs reward trying to drill an opal. I'm in love with opals. anyway I guess it's only worth trying to drill a crystal if you're willing to risk ruining it, and I mostly just have inexpensive stones anyway. but I do sometimes cry when I accidentally break a crystal lol, and I admit I've tried to purposely break at least one into multiple pieces before (once I was trying to break a piece off of one my brother gave me so he could have some of it) and after a couple tooth/nail-biting attempts and activity in the pit of my stomach I had to give up. so Idno if I could go through with drilling or modifying crystals to make jewelry but I kind of think it'd be worth trying. I also have a rock tumbler I've never used that my brother gave me some years ago. mostly I haven't used it cuz I didn't have the proper space or area to let it run for weeks before, and also that I was impatient cuz it does take so many days to finish, but perhaps more of me has refrained from using it cuz I don't want to hurt the crystals. I mean I don't even want to waste the crystal dust that settles in bags if you buy a pound or something from online which I've done many times.. usually I pour it over an indoor plant's dirt or sprinkle it somewhere outside. but I can't claim total innocence when it comes to harming crystals because I've been careless with too many and also wash pretty much any kind even though they say some shouldn't be emerged in water. oh then that brings me back to the topic at hand thankfully lol, wonder if the ones that aren't supposed to get wet are supposed to be drilled at all or if you don't actually have to wet every stone being drilled hmmm
Old 11-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Master
Why not ask a crystal shop? The one I go to drills many/most of the pendants they sell. One of the proprietors does this, the others don't/can't as it's delicate work.
Could be if you can find such a shop you can get crystals drilled there. I take it they'd charge you for it but they have the knowledge, experience, and equipment.
I don't like crystals being drilled, but I prefer it over wire-wrapping. I don't like to wear wire-wrapped pendants as I want a crystal on my skin, not the wire which likely has loads of copper in it, not healthy. I also feel it interferes with the energies of the crystal.
Old 13-11-2018, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Hello

It is delicate work to drill into a crystal, this might be why so many are wrapped or have an overlay of silver or other metals put around them so they can be put on a chain to wear.

I have a few that are wire wrapped but there are coatings you can put on them to keep the metal effects off your skin. I too do not sleep in any jewelry on my neck.

I have a lot of crystal jewelry and I feel that the energy is in the form it should be as it was chosen to be worn.

I have to laugh at those that come into the large retail store I work that has 'decorative crystals" for sale and they call them "rocks". I feel the energy from them and I do feel for them going to homes as "decorations".

Lynn
Old 13-11-2018, 04:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I am not sure if this subject is taboo here and hopefully most don't think it is violent lol but I must say I'm not completely sure myself.. but anyways, I love the idea of crystal jewelry and am not super into wire wrapping though I kind of hope that changes.. I like the look, and feel, of a crystal bare on the skin. I did get one beautiful little aquamarine necklace where I guess the crystal is somehow fastened into one of those tops it hangs from, I'm not sure if that involves any drilling or anything. I would be open to adopting that style if I could do it and be sure my crystals are secure and won't easily fall out or drop.

well my main question is about crystal drilling, and how best and most affordably to do it. I guess there are special teeny tiny drills and you have to use a small vice, or I don't know that is why I am here asking. do any of you do your own crystal jewelry work and if so did you get real expensive tools/equipment or could someone without a lot of money work toward owning them in little time?

if you do crystal wire wrapping or other means of securing crystals for jewelry without harming them I am open to hearing about that too. I might try wire wrapping again, I actually didn't have pure copper or other metal wire when I attempted it before so I think it'd be different if I knew the wire would be harmless and potentially make it even more healing. though it still doesn't necessarily rest on the bare skin and I like the idea of that along with the sleek look of unadorned crystals hanging on the skin. hmmm but anyways I love beads and making jewelry and while I haven't done it in years now I would be more motivated if I was working with crystals and real stones. I did get a few strands or spare pieces of crystal beads through the years but mostly I have lots of awesome glass and unfortunately artificially colored stone stuff.

well as is my usual fashion (sorry) this is a really long post for some pretty simple inquiry but hopefully people will forgive me and reply whatever they feel like posting on the matter or however vaguely related the ideas that pop into your head upon reading this. thank you!

I just recently started wrapping crystals myself. My best friend had just opened up a crystal shop and gets most of her crystals which are mined from Brazil. The posters in this category really helped me along with a ton of advice on various crystals to wrap and work with. I really love doing it and have found along the way that it really relaxes me which makes me look forward to working with them. I thank everyone here who helped me with crystal advice along the way and have finally gotten around to uploading a few pics into a folder on tiny pic because I have trouble posting in here. A few of you had asked to show how my progress with wrapping is going and because I love it so much I have actually started to incorporate the crystals into some spiritual pieces I've hand designed. Each piece has a spiritual or peaceful scene and either a raw or polished crystal. So I finally managed to get around to resizing the photos into an album on tinypics. I am very thankful for all the help and advice from everyone in here.

And Sapphirez, I am not sure where you are located but if you were anywhere near me I'd be more than happy to help you out with your wrapping or advice. I did not realize how much I would enjoy it or have it help in relaxing me that I would not mind helping you.

http://tinypic.com/3ia98rxc
Old 23-11-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
StrandedSnowMonkey - instead of drilling you might want to consider a cap with a solder ring on it. It looks like a bead cap with a small ring soldered on the top. All you have to do is super glue the cap to the stone - instant pendant!
Old 23-11-2018, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
StrandedSnowMonkey - instead of drilling you might want to consider a cap with a solder ring on it. It looks like a bead cap with a small ring soldered on the top. All you have to do is super glue the cap to the stone - instant pendant!

Hello :)

I have some of them on my pendulums. What put me off was when I got some
E6000 glue, I then found out all the cautions and people recommending using
a mask.
Old 25-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
Thanks for your thoughtful and helpful posts everyone!

FairyCrystal that is a good idea to ask a nearby shop. I am undecided about copper myself but certainly wouldn't think it's as beneficial as crystals. I thought it has some positive properties though I know it can be toxic too. hmm so you don't think it can assist or help any crystals in any way, only make them weaker or warped in energy?

Lynn I like that idea of the crystals having been chosen to be worn. as for coatings I am not sure there are any coating substances that would be less detrimental than natural metals since manmade substances are usually a sure bet to be bad whereas the metals are a toss-up subject I think. I suppose you could get something plant-derived but most of that is too far deviated from its original state to have a positive effect. but I am sure that whatever coating will still be offset enough by the power and positivity of the crystals.

I know what you mean lol I used to give crystals to strangers a lot or random people and family members and wonder if I was hurting them by giving them to a home that wouldn't realize their value and possibly harm them, like with cigarette smoke or negative emotions or ignorance.. or wondered if that stranger on the bus I was called to give crystals to would be able to appreciate them enough or if they'd be wasted.. but I usually concluded it'd be worth it and hopefully the crystals wanted to go be with them or might even end up somewhere else they're meant to be. it's so interesting to think about how the crystals traveled from the Earth and before that were created through eons to be what they are and then they end up with us or wherever.. makes me feel extra bad when I break one or something, cuz it survived and evolved for sooo many years just fine lol and then silly ol me destroys it awww.. but I know many say whatever happens with them is meant to be so I try to keep that in mind but it still hurts and I hope their newly created/destroyed form still suits them.. besides that I mean it's incredible to think of the crystals coming to us and where else they can end up because of us. honestly I have like thousands of crystals lol I know I need to send more elsewhere.. I've given many away but have wanted to sell some for a long time but am unsure how best to approach it and motivate myself to do it. would be awesome to sell and of course give away more crystal jewelry too

Spirit Bird those are lovely crystal wrappings, very delicate and subtle bu finely crafted. and your spiritual jewelry is really cool and inspiring! it illustrates how jewelry can be so much more and the imagination is boundless, I love it, thank you for sharing and telling your story!

BigJohn I think that a couple of my favorite crystal pendant pieces (I only have a few anyway lol) were probably created that way but I wasn't sure. I have a little black tourmaline one and two aquamarine ones I need to find.. they look exquisite and I love that style, but I also have reservations of using glue. I love doing arts and crafts in general so I have a lot of supplies that are probably made form toxic materials, and use glue of course, but I try to stay away from consuming things like that or using them on my body and wouldn't want to hurt the crystals with it.. that is one reason why I have not gotten super into orgonite though I think that people can make mind-blowing wonderful looking pieces and I do believe they are powerful, but it involves a lot of manmade materials and encasing the crystals artificially etc.. I might still get into making them someday or at least owning one but I am not sure at this point.. lol I gotta say though as evil as it sounds that E6000 glue mentioned sounds like something I want to own! I just love crafting and creating and I know that it has its own magic and positivity the same as crystals do no matter what is done to them. but I just wonder if there are better ways yknow?