Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ok, I'll try and focus on the magic
More coffee needed, I need to be a little sweeter.
No problem, and sometimes something other than sweetness is required when the situation calls for it. People need to be called out on their projection and deflection and fundamentalist stuff, if and when appropriate.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Master
Someone once said in regard to Christian atrocities that "where there is smoke there is fire"....

Perhaps the grace of God kicking inside the souls of unenlightened people causes them to lash out. We are literally rising from the depths....and if we rise quicker then we make more noise.

I think people exaggerate Christian atrocity. All people are capable of atrocity and the whole world has known barbarism. Christians are generally a law abiding and positive force. In my opinion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's neither accurate nor relevant to the core discussion topic. Is your intent here to discuss Christian magic, or denounce all other religions and spiritual philosophies as inferior?

I think it is accurate. Christians have something which other religious people lack. It is something I have noticed over and over. Of course all religions have beauty and love....but Christianity has the edge.

Old 30-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think people exaggerate Christian atrocity. All people are capable of atrocity and the whole world has known barbarism. Christians are generally a law abiding and positive force. In my opinion.
Okay, I generally agree with that. That said, I don't recall ever hearing about hundreds of Buddhist monks being accused of sexual crimes against thousands of children. The Church on the other hand faces one sex crime crisis after another. That's not even mentioning the millions of people in centuries past who have been tortured and executed by the Church.

So there are some very serious issues inherent in fundamentalist belief, and especially when those holding those beliefs are in positions of real power. That's what I would observe.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
I think it is accurate. Christians have something which other religious people lack. It is something I have noticed over and over. Of course all religions have beauty and love....but Christianity has the edge.

I see All religions to have good and bad, Christianity has no edge, that's a nieve statement Honza.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Christianity has no edge, that's a nieve statement Honza.

Possibly. Maybe I am imagining it.

Old 30-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
I think it is accurate. Christians have something which other religious people lack. It is something I have noticed over and over.
No, it's not because you've noticed that. It's because you believe that. It's because you want to believe it. It's because you think a good Christian is someone who believes that.

Two different things altogether. But we've been through this before. You have no interest in exploring the actual WHY in why you think these things. Christianity is too dear to you to WANT to think any other way. You have an emotional and romanticized kind of love for your religion and that's what you're happy and comfortable with. Which is fine, but it's not conducive to honest, unbiased discussion. And this thread and your comments here are yet another example of that.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Master
You see, I can happily converse and take part in a discussion like this. I can see and identify the magic in Christianity, without putting down other religions and philosophies in the process.

You can't do that. You are too attached to your religion and your beliefs. That's what I always end up pointing out with you in these conversations. Then you get mad, and accuse sky and myself of whatever is going to deflect the dialogue away from the fact that you always present a one-sided and biased understanding of these spiritual matters.

You keep saying you're confused about things, etc. I don't see that. You are very clear. You are a devoted Christian who sees everything from that one very specific religious viewpoint. You say you want input, but then you reject it whenever anyone suggests something that doesn't align with your Christian-specific views.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Possibly. Maybe I am imagining it.

Without being nasty Honza as I don't mean to be but I think you are brainwashed, why do I think like that?.... because I was the same many moons ago. I see myself in you before I awakend.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
No, it's not because you've noticed that. It's because you believe that. It's because you want to believe it. It's because you think a good Christian is someone who believes that.

Two different things altogether. But we've been through this before. You have no interest in exploring the actual WHY in why you think these things. Christianity is too dear to you to WANT to think any other way. You have an emotional and romanticized kind of love for your religion and that's what you're happy and comfortable with. Which is fine, but it's not conducive to honest, unbiased discussion. And this thread and your comments here are yet another example of that.

" that's what you're happy and comfortable with "

Why so many threads then if he's happy and comfortable, why does he need to disparage other beliefs?