Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Ascender
Question Reading for others not present?

Is it considered inappropriate to try to read cards for the position others are in just understand them better? And not tell them. Do you think they are likely accurate?
Old 30-10-2018, 03:51 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
I think they can be very accurate and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I think it's better to read for a person that is not there, because you don't do any damage.

It can also help you relate to your spirit world and the unseen psyche of humans weaved together.

I self use a Profile reading for people that tend to come often to my mind, very much from people from the past.
Old 30-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
Is it considered inappropriate to try to read cards for the position others are in just understand them better? And not tell them. Do you think they are likely accurate?

It takes a long while to understand someone personally, and there are ethics of permission and consent involved when determining what is appropriate.
Old 30-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It takes a long while to understand someone personally, and there are ethics of permission and consent involved when determining what is appropriate.

I agree completely that "there are ethics of permission and consent involved when determining what is appropriate".

Well said.
Old 30-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with Gem on This. would you like it if someone read for you and didn't tell you?

Namaste
Old 01-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Ascender
I wanted to understand where he was at that moment, and find out if I likely had any part in how he felt. But he was very dishonest about his feelings, I've come to believe. This dishonesty was consistent, so he said one thing and felt another and did things he couldn't manage/addictions which affected his whole world views/decisions to get his own personal needs met. He wants a sober partner and stable life but cannot become sober consistently, he isn't strong enough. So it's very painful to have been his potential new long-term romantic interest.

Then I left the two of cups up accidentally when I was done reading for myself a handful of days later, and now I have a new love interest.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Master

IMHO - this is one of those 'ehh... yeah you probably shouldn't' but a very natural part of learning for 98% of novice tarot readers, haha!

This being said, pick your person carefully. It's super-tempting to read into the head of your love interest, but most people are too emotionally invested to be able to read without being emotionally compromised.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Guide

@ Native spirit...Someone did a reading for me once and did not tell me til later. I found that to be very unsettling.

As a novice I learned all I could here from tealily and Pisces Moon, and remain grateful for their wise words. As Gem stated, there are ethics involved. Tarot reading is all about permission and consent imo.

It is very tempting to ask tarot about a love interest, I agree. I would like to but I don’t do it. One way to circumvent intrusion on another is to turn the question inward..yes?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:14 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
@ Native spirit...Someone did a reading for me once and did not tell me til later. I found that to be very unsettling.

As a novice I learned all I could here from tealily and Pisces Moon, and remain grateful for their wise words. As Gem stated, there are ethics involved. Tarot reading is all about permission and consent imo.

It is very tempting to ask tarot about a love interest, I agree. I would like to but I don’t do it. One way to circumvent intrusion on another is to turn the question inward..yes?

Tealily and Pisces moon are/were the best. Pisces Moon I learned so much from, I miss her threads, posts and motivation...
Old 05-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
The question if you can read on others who don't know about it is always something when you do a love reading.
Mostly people want a reading on why things went wrong. I currently have 2 readings where this is not the case and they want to know how the other feels about them and/or what they can expect from the connection (there isn't even a connection, but they feel one themselves.)
I should've said 'no', I think I was too busy at the time to read carefully. Now I'm stuck with it, and gotta say, I can't connect.