Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
English is kind of a second language to me, here we have English co-existing with a dialect called Doric - which is akin to what Robert Burns the poet used.

"Wee, sleekit, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murd'ring pattle!

In that language is a word that's been used to describe me - 'thran'. Like a lot of Doric words it doesn't translate too well, but the closest is that it's all kinds of stubborn and more. In that verse the mouse is simply doing what comes naturally to the mouse - its survival instincts make it run away. We all do the same and regardless of how Spiritual we tell ourselves and others we are, it's surprising how much humanity is in our Spirituality, truth be told. The Universe is a reflection of you and not the other way around, and it's how you meet it that makes the difference.

Very cool thanks for sharing your thran side.
Survival of the fittest does play out at times. I don't play by those rules so I don't share the sameness you feel we all hold. But I would agree it does play out. As for spirituality, I don't really separate myself out into categories or headings, but rather prefer to just be me as I am and can be aware.

The battles where beheadings often played out
Cornered the fellows with an axe no doubt
One as the hand holding its foe
One with thee head, fallen and low
Rising above, was never bestowed
Upon the hand of the man
Caught by its blow.

Alas! these containments
Continue with blades
Continue with blows
Continue with axes
Through the fingers of there foes!

Until suddenly the Scotsman
In his thran brandished ways
Breaks through the languish
Of the battle and foe
Sees the old playground
Sees where he plays

Fallen and trodden
The axe no longer can stay..
Old 14-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
The cogs of the Universe are going to turn regardless of what's rattling around in your noggin, the sunset never needs your intervention to look beautiful.

Similarly with others I think. Many don't think 'This is the Spiritual thing to do' they just do what they think is right, intuitively, and it turns out to be the Spiritual thing anyway. I Love that stuff. But it takes so little sometimes, to make so much difference. And not looking for a reward brings its own rewards.

Spirituality is in the air we breathe.
IMO there is no 'sense' of 'I' or 'we' in such a statement, not one that is acknowledged at least - only the idea, hence 'sense', of some 'super' Spirit acting through each and everyone which (IMO again) can provide smoke-and-mirrors 'cover' for now-I'm-here-and-engaged and now-I'm-not (association if and when I feel like relating and dissociation when and if I don't feel like relating) 'game-playing' only-on-my-own-terms rationalizations and tendencies.

Some prefer such a philosophical stance because it 'works well' for them I imagine. I don't 'cuz that doesn't at all 'work well' for me, presumably because my 'thing' is to be relationally engaged for conjoint purposes (as much as possible, that is ) - note: that may just be a 'false' rationalization however - so don't just 'believe' it.

Please note: I am not implying there are 'shoulds' in the above regard. Anyone/everyone is 'free' to choose whatever 'suits' them and whatever they choose for whatever they think is a 'good' or, for that matter, 'bad' reason and that is fine with me because someone else's 'choice' is not my business. I am just choosing to (try to) bring the conversation to addressing and exploring the Q in the OP which is: "Why [do] 'we' exist" i.e. "What is our 'purpose' in being?" (if there is any, that is). This choice is a function of my being 'true' to what I think-feel-believe my 'self' - a dynamic/integral part of a process of Co-Creation - to really be.

Last edited by davidsun : 15-11-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Good to see you back, Moonglow

A Spiritual friend of mine was having one of her 'non-Spiritual' friends staying with her. They'd been talking about what had seemed like weird coincidences and her friend had said that even though she didn't believe in them, synchronicities were happening anyway. It's often when you let go of Spirituality that Spirituality really happens, because in the letting go you 'make room' in your reality for it to come to you. Nature and Spirituality abhors a vacuum. The cogs of the Universe are going to turn regardless of what's rattling around in your noggin, the sunset never needs your intervention to look beautiful.

Similarly with others I think. Many don't think 'This is the Spiritual thing to do' they just do what they think is right, intuitively, and it turns out to be the Spiritual thing anyway. I Love that stuff. But it takes so little sometimes, to make so much difference. And not looking for a reward brings its own rewards.

Spirituality is in the air we breathe.

Always a pleasure Greenslade,

For me, it is letting go of how it "should" be and opening the heart, mind, and being with how it is being.

I also love when it just happens with no thinking about it. Spirit reflecting itself through us. Yes, the rewards do seem to come anyways.

I can remember some who have and do touch my life, yet there are others who pass through and leave a mark never forgotten. For these I give great gratitutude.

Through the interactions existence become so special and at times may not realize the impact placed, but it does occur.

Come to a place to ease off the pedal and let myself cruise a bit. Enjoy the scenery and interactions. Not to place so much pressure whether it fits into this or that. Letting it play out and again give thanks for living this far and having the honor to experience this life. I exist because I am.
Old 16-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Very cool thanks for sharing your thran side.
Survival of the fittest does play out at times. I don't play by those rules so I don't share the sameness you feel we all hold. But I would agree it does play out. As for spirituality, I don't really separate myself out into categories or headings, but rather prefer to just be me as I am and can be aware.

The battles where beheadings often played out
Cornered the fellows with an axe no doubt
One as the hand holding its foe
One with thee head, fallen and low
Rising above, was never bestowed
Upon the hand of the man
Caught by its blow.

Alas! these containments
Continue with blades
Continue with blows
Continue with axes
Through the fingers of there foes!

Until suddenly the Scotsman
In his thran brandished ways
Breaks through the languish
Of the battle and foe
Sees the old playground
Sees where he plays

Fallen and trodden
The axe no longer can stay..
Wherever you found that, it's one whammy of a synchronicity right now. Thank you.

You're very welcome. And what you're tapped into there, that's pretty damned cool too. It also answers the question you asked me. The poem can be taken for a metaphor for Life itself because we all do the same thing, we fight and do battle to defend our beliefs until there comes a time when we feel the fight has been spent. I was a very angry young man at one time, until I took up martial arts. At the time I didn't know what I was fighting against but I had to anyway. Then suddenly the fight was gone, the axe no longer could stay. Present day the axe is a metaphor but it can no longer stay just the same.

In don't play by any rules but my own, there are rules I will adopt because they makes sense - like the rules of the road and this forum - but other than that, no. And that makes us the same as every other person who didn't follow the rules, turned on, tuned in, dropped out or dyed their hair blue and purple. Sometimes the rules we follow come from our hearts.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
IMO there is no 'sense' of 'I' or 'we' in such a statement, not one that is acknowledged at least - only the idea, hence 'sense', of some 'super' Spirit acting through each and everyone which (IMO again) can provide smoke-and-mirrors 'cover' for now-I'm-here-and-engaged and now-I'm-not (association if and when I feel like relating and dissociation when and if I don't feel like relating) 'game-playing' only-on-my-own-terms rationalizations and tendencies.

Some prefer such a philosophical stance because it 'works well' for them I imagine. I don't 'cuz that doesn't at all 'work well' for me, presumably because my 'thing' is to be relationally engaged for conjoint purposes (as much as possible, that is ) - note: that may just be a 'false' rationalization however - so don't just 'believe' it.

Please note: I am not implying there are 'shoulds' in the above regard. Anyone/everyone is 'free' to choose whatever 'suits' them and whatever they choose for whatever they think is a 'good' or, for that matter, 'bad' reason and that is fine with me because someone else's 'choice' is not my business. I am just choosing to (try to) bring the conversation to addressing and exploring the Q in the OP which is: "Why [do] 'we' exist" i.e. "What is our 'purpose' in being?" (if there is any, that is). This choice is a function of my being 'true' to what I think-feel-believe my 'self' - a dynamic/integral part of a process of Co-Creation - to really be.
For me, this is another example of how we're not asking the right questions and therefore the answers don't make any real sense.

"God has never - anywhere in the Bible - promised to answer these questions; Why? Where? and When?
But God hears and answers these questions beginning with How? or What? These questions sincerely seek wisdom and guidance."
Robert H Schuller
Turning Hurts Unto Halos

So the question is what is the question? We are asking why we exist but if Robert here is to be believed then God has made no promises to answer those questions. We exist and we and we are conscious - or at least some kind of perceptual singularity of consciousness - however that is defined - exists. The question of Why? becomes obsolete in the realisation we exist and are conscious. If we are asking for the reasons they're all around us. The game-playing, the attachment, the detachment, the coming to the realisations.... The God playing at not God so we can tell ourselves we are Spiritual...... Those are all our reasons for existing, the reasons that - if Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations are the be believed - the reasons we chose to be here.

If we are asking why we exist, what is that telling us?

And yes, in this plane of existence an energy dynamic that is an integral part of co-creation. And if you or I had never existed in the first place, one of us would be having a very different co-creating experience - of course that's assuming that there is an 'I' of some definition that's going to become a 'we'. When you start asking "Who is this I?" suddenly everything changes. You begin to question the basis of selfish and selfless. It's one thing to philosophise and talk about as an ideology in these forums, but when it's out there in the wild of the 'real world'?
Old 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Always a pleasure Greenslade,

For me, it is letting go of how it "should" be and opening the heart, mind, and being with how it is being.

I also love when it just happens with no thinking about it. Spirit reflecting itself through us. Yes, the rewards do seem to come anyways.

I can remember some who have and do touch my life, yet there are others who pass through and leave a mark never forgotten. For these I give great gratitutude.

Through the interactions existence become so special and at times may not realize the impact placed, but it does occur.

Come to a place to ease off the pedal and let myself cruise a bit. Enjoy the scenery and interactions. Not to place so much pressure whether it fits into this or that. Letting it play out and again give thanks for living this far and having the honor to experience this life. I exist because I am.
Hey there Moonglow

I'm not going to reply to this, but the intention is not to be rude neither. I don't know if you're a fan of Matt Khan or not, we probably glossed over it somewhere along the line. What I would like to do is draw your attention to this one in particular, it's one I discovered very recently and.... See for yourself, because it has revelations in the context of what you're saying here.
Old 17-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey there Moonglow

I'm not going to reply to this, but the intention is not to be rude neither. I don't know if you're a fan of Matt Khan or not, we probably glossed over it somewhere along the line. What I would like to do is draw your attention to this one in particular, it's one I discovered very recently and.... See for yourself, because it has revelations in the context of what you're saying here.

Hey Greenslade,

Alright on not replying.
I don't see a link to any video, so checked out some of Matt Khan's stuff out on you tube. "Claiming your power" talk caught my attention and found much of what he talks about relate to where I've been.

As I recall Matt Khan has come up in some of exchanges on the forums. He puts things in a digestible way for me, simple and down to Earth. Yeah, a good one to check out.

It a bit funny that at times have this I know this already feeling, but helps to hear it from another perspective and insight. Widens the veiw.
Old 18-11-2018, 03:40 AM
Experiencer
The reason we exist is to exist
Or more accurately, there is no reason, we simple do exist
By asking you to answer the question
He's saying you need to exist
You need to let yourself be
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 18-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hey Greenslade,

Alright on not replying.
I don't see a link to any video, so checked out some of Matt Khan's stuff out on you tube. "Claiming your power" talk caught my attention and found much of what he talks about relate to where I've been.

As I recall Matt Khan has come up in some of exchanges on the forums. He puts things in a digestible way for me, simple and down to Earth. Yeah, a good one to check out.

It a bit funny that at times have this I know this already feeling, but helps to hear it from another perspective and insight. Widens the veiw.
Hi Moonglow

It's Mrs G's fault ha ha ha. Apparently I'd just bought her some new kitchen white goods and I was trying to provide technical support while typing this. Guess I'm not much on multi-tasking. Try this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7JvVRDgnc
Old 18-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Moonglow

It's Mrs G's fault ha ha ha. Apparently I'd just bought her some new kitchen white goods and I was trying to provide technical support while typing this. Guess I'm not much on multi-tasking. Try this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7JvVRDgnc

Hi Greenslade,

Lol, I get the multi tasking, sometimes overloads the brain box.

I enjoyed the talk, thanks for the link.

Yeah, it is just relaxing with it. Getting up when felt knock down and not trip out about it.

One plays upon the other and visa versa.

As I say a work in progress.