Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 AM
Master
“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.” John 8:7
Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.” John 8:7
Agreed and Jesus was also one of the biggest judgmental people ever!

However, whenever you show up and I get an eye full and a heart full of the Pashupati Seal from the Indus Valley (your avatar), it has the immediate effect of calming me and humbling me into meek submission...The bond between myself and Shiva is very strong...My only saving grace and redeemable feature, really.

Never change it. LOL

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 07-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Also, you can always take refuge in Neo Advaita, even though you don't follow it..."There is nobody here TO understand what you are talking about"...that one is a killer as well.

lol.. i can also see someone saying "only god can judge me!!" and a someone saying "well, that would be me aaaannnnnndd... you suck"

Spirituality can also be stupid an funny too, it has that side too.. that guy with long red hair on youtube plays it well..
Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 AM
Knower

Quote:
Yes, each person has their own unique and individual experiences...and for every million or so people who conform to a set "ideal" there will always be one who does not...and people rarely, if ever, come across "the one" and so, when they do, it is like "you are either part of the problem or part of the solution".

Let's look at this whole thing philosophically..I would like that.

I tend to consider myself "advanced/awakened" and yet, I also consider myself to be judgmental and exclusive...many others will not believe I am a "spiritual being"...many others will use words like "delusional" or "being mislead" or "living in a fantasy world" or just plain "insane"...Now, I ask you, does a lie become the truth according to the more people who believe it is, or repeating it enough times to the exclusion of anything else? Also, when does making one judgment call invalidate another, simply because one disagrees with the other person making it?

The biggest oxymoron is "you are being judgmental".

If a person can be an enlightened misanthrope, would another saying "that is impossible" have any bearing on it or change it? or would it be the case, of "in their universe/reality" I am delusional and ignorant, but in "my reality" I am not....whose "reality" is more real then? The one who perceives it ONE way (along with a million others) or another who perceives it their way, but is totally alone in doing so? OR would it ALL be Maya...ALL an illusion and a huge lie regardless?...My bets are on the latter...even though all the egos with vested interests in their own agendas (or collective agendas) all go through the motions regardless.

For example, how can I be "inclusive" if everybody else has a unique and different opinion of how it is they only perceive me to be, if that is not what I perceive myself to be...and I can give many examples contrary to all of the "labels?" until, those who ask for proof, do so perfunctorily and do not accept it when thus provided, because it is not the proof that conforms and confirms their own personal biases and cognitive dissonance and conditioning anyway.

So, why should any of that matter to me? I don't like people...I don't hate people...I feel nothing..but I also realise that "inclusion" is not a prerequisite for ME...It may be so for others, but that is their beliefs, not my own...and hence, the non inclusion.

Well this is pretty deep stuff and I better start out with a bit of honesty and say that I don't consider myself to be "highly advanced". I had fully enlightened people in mind in bringing that up...

But I do seem to exhibit many of the quirks and traits of highly intelligent people. Such as not liking small talk, having few friends or romantic relationships etc.

What comes to mind here is that a fully enlightened person can afford to be "normal" and just do whatever - because they've already found what they're looking for and all that's left for them to do is to have fun and help others.

But for those that are still on the path, often we have to be a bit "weird/different" in order to sort ourselves out. I try not to let what others think of me distract me but it can be easier said than done if their disapproval reaches extreme levels!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
lol.. i can also see someone saying "only god can judge me!!" and a someone saying "well, that would be me aaaannnnnndd... you suck"

Spirituality can also be stupid an funny too, it has that side too.. that guy with long red hair on youtube plays it well..
Aaaah, spiritual satire...I do it well.

You see, if my parents had been sterilized for being insane, I would never have been born...but I can live with having never been born...

See, God tells me that I suck pretty much ALL the time...and He doesn't need a human to tell me that...If a human does, then I know that is not God speaking...God also says that he loves me and the last time I heard a human being say that was like....never...is it any wonder I AM that I AM? Seriously, "hubris" should have been my middle name...but I can also be brought to my knees...and you know that too.

So yeah, I suck, God... anything else you wanna say while you are at it? seems like a waste of a perfectly good vision to tell me that which I already know...please make your Divine apparition more memorable here, or I may forget that I even saw you.

As I much as I muck around, my heart beats only for Him, and a tear rolls down my cheek as I typed that...So it really doesn't matter how I feel about anything else because that would be irrelevant.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I do kind of "get" what you mean Evangeline 77.
But give them a break hey? They are learning too, just like you.

I live in a very "spiritual" area and used to work in the centre of it every day. One day I saw someone I know and started to give her a gentle hug and she pushed me away saying her aura had just been cleansed and my contact was contaminating her.
Then there was someone else who avoided my "negative vibrations" when I had only been seriously bereaved by two days, was being very quiet and trying not to let tears roll down my cheeks...
I agree, things can get a little strange sometimes.

But they are on a learning journey in their own way I guess. Just as we are -in ours.

As for heavy metal. It isn't naturally my music. I love classical. But I had the experience once of really HEAVY metal giving me a wonderful boost of vitality and energy when I was very exhausted.
So anyone saying it's "low vibration" well they probably don't know enough about it.

The metal sound is traced back to classical in the use of the tritone, which I think was first used in church music by the Gregorian monks. The Church leaders deemed it unacceptable because it wasn't a pure harmony (which is theory that stems back to Pythagorus's 'music of the spheres'). Henceforth, music which used the tritone was declared 'the devil's', as opposed to God's music. The real tone of metal emerged with Wagner, who used a very large number of double bass' in his elaborate operas, and often incorporated the tritone... so Wagner is often credited with being the dawn of heavy metal. It so happens that Wagner was later championed by the Nazis, which ended up reaffirming rock as the Devil's music, along with early Black American music also being Gospel as God's, and the blues as 'the Devil's'.

From Greek mythology of the Sirens, and of Pan the God of the wild (who invented the pan pipes), there has been a genre that is deemed evil - so as to define the good.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
Well this is pretty deep stuff and I better start out with a bit of honesty and say that I don't consider myself to be "highly advanced". I had fully enlightened people in mind in bringing that up...
I feel like I should be apologising for going very deep, but that's just the way my brain works in "normal mode" which usually flies over the head of everybody else...and "dumbing it down" so I can describe Cosmic Consciousness in a way that "Joe Average" could grok it, just seems like an insurmountable chore...for you see, I don't think linearly and sequentially... everything just bombards my brain from everywhere all at the same time, and trying to sort out the relevant from irrelevant shizz is a pain...but who is a spiritual person to judge relevance? So, as much as I may downplay it generally...I have been there and done that...God is the only thing that keeps it all in perspective...and that sounds very strange doesn't it? until I am mutually assured that perspective and conception can be related, but are intrinsically different.

Also, my neighbour is a Jehovah's witness...He says that that rock music is the Devil's work because it has percussion in it.... something to do with shamanic rituals that summon demons and such using drums, rattles and rhythmic beats that bring about unholy, demonic trance states....gimme those blessed trance states, Lord Shiva...that is the only time I can block out all EMF waves from playing havoc with my neurons and turning my brain into a buzzing, painful cauldron of nothing that matters anyway..even IF I could make that distinction..
Old 07-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Aaaah, spiritual satire...I do it well.

You see, if my parents had been sterilized for being insane, I would never have been born...but I can live with having never been born...

See, God tells me that I suck pretty much ALL the time...and He doesn't need a human to tell me that...If a human does, then I know that is not God speaking...God also says that he loves me and the last time I heard a human being say that was like....never...is it any wonder I AM that I AM? Seriously, "hubris" should have been my middle name...but I can also be brought to my knees...and you know that too.

So yeah, I suck, God... anything else you wanna say while you are at it? seems like a waste of a perfectly good vision to tell me that which I already know...please make your Divine apparition more memorable here, or I may forget that I even saw you.

As I much as I muck around, my heart beats only for Him, and a tear rolls down my cheek as I typed that...So it really doesn't matter how I feel about anything else because that would be irrelevant.

Haha yea, agree, aww there there.. (i know they are joyful tears tho so its ok)
Old 07-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Master
Evangeline, in the last thread you started, you wrote this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
I keep reading that you attract what you are. But what if I don't attract anything or anybody? People are not interested to get to know me, men don't want to date me-they just dismiss me.
When your life-focus is judging and dismissing people -- in this case, starting a thread about specific people you don't like -- many people are naturally going to dismiss you, yes. And of course many people are not going to want to date someone who is critical like that.

There are at least two ways to address a concern: vent and be critical, or bring loving perspective and undertanding to the issue. Your posts tend towards the former.

You absolutely do attract what you are. But it's not a great mystery, it's really just a straight-forward and practical human nature observation. It works like this: What you choose to share and how you share it -- angry venting versus loving understanding -- reflects on you, and reveals aspects of yourself to others. And it is that which people then use to form their opinions, and make descisions about things like whether or not they would wish to date that person.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Also, people should be allowed to exercise their right to free speech, and even be wrong, without being labeled as judgmental, or being shut up by "spiritual" people.
You just critiqued and invalidated two peoples' free speech responses by insinuating or directly labeling them as being judgmental. You also used a shame tactic to shut them up, judging and labeling them as the same sort of arrogant spiritual types the OP was describing. You do see the irony I hope.