Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Knower
Do most dogs and cats know they have died? Also questions about clothing

OK, I'm pretty sure I just saw the spirit of my dog an hour ago laying on my mom's bed where she always slept. She looked very much like her old self except maybe one or two years younger. She looked at me with a blank expression and her eyes followed me across the room. She didn't come to me or anything, she was very still. Almost like she sensed something was wrong, or perhaps knew what had happened and was sticking around to comfort us. We have been talking about her and from time to time will call out her name.

Do most dogs and cats know they have died after it happens? Or does it take time for some of them to figure it out? She also had on the green t-shirt that she loved and wore daily. I know that when a human passes on if they had a favorite outfit or an article of clothing they wore all the time they will sometimes wear it in the afterlife. How common is that for pets that cross over?

Sorry for another pet post. I thought I would post this one though as I just saw her spirit a little over an hour ago. She was a tiny teacup poodle named Fifi. She would have turned 10 on April 9th. We lost her on March 18th.

Last edited by wozniack : 24-03-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 24-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Well, they live most of their lives on the Astral...so who knows!!!!
So sorry for your loss.
She'll be waiting for you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Hello

I feel that they go on to a different plane than we do but as its all energy they can come in and out with our spirit.

I know that from personal experience with my eldest Son in how at the age of 2 he had a connection to several family pets he would have no knowledge of other than seeing and feeling their presence.

He talked of my Dad's British Bull Dog that was short legged and round with teeth that he said hung out and how it got you wet when you touched him.

The other was my Grandma's cat an orange and white fur ball, that when you pat her drewled when she purred.

The others were my two family dogs growing up. One brown with short legs, she was part corgi, and the other black with wire has hair. She was part terrier.

He had no way to know of these pets and any pictures were black and white.

It seems that when my Dad (his long passed Grandfather) came to visit the pets came to visit with him.

So I do feel you did see the dog coming to bring in comfort maybe or just to let you know there is more after the passing.

Lynn
Old 24-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with lynn.i have given readings where the pet often pops in one person I was reading had a sheepdog who kept sitting on her feet. it used to freak her out until I told het it was her dog from years ago.that used to love sitting on her feet.
when she realised it was her dog she was happy to know that he still visited her and was still sitting on her feet.

Namaste
Old 26-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Knower
Thank you everyone~! Wow, very interesting. It's comforting to hear those stores at a time like this.

Fifi visited again last night. This time she was on my bed. I sleep on a full-size mattress, and she was on the other side. She was a little less than a foot away from my head; she was on the pillow side near the headboard but about 6 inches away from the headboard. She wasn't looking at me though. She had her nose down sniffing a fuzzy blanket I had on that side of the bed. She was walking while sniffing the blanket. She LOVED soft blankets and pillows, especially plush ones. So it makes sense for her to be drawn to it.

She had her green t-shirt on as well. Her taking it with her warms my heart because she loved that shirt. It's killing my mom that she can't see her but I can. My mom is like me though and can see and sense spirits/ghosts. With certain animals though, I can see them in full color. For example. When my cat passed away in October I have just seen hazes and white flashes. However, with Fifi I can see her in full color. Not sure why certain animals through stronger but they do.

A member of this forum suggested having an OBE to interact with her. I have honestly thought about it because its hard for me to just see her for a few seconds and then nothing else. It bothers me that I cannot love her when she visits. Can't stand the thought of her just walking around or laying down with no interaction at all.

My mom is worried that after she moves Fifi will not come see her. I guess her being in a new place after she died somewhere else makes her think there is no way she can find her. I said to her though that it does not matter where you go and how often you move, that she can still find you because of the connection they had. I also said that time makes no difference either as 30-40 years passing may seem like a lifetime to us but only a second to our departed pets.

She is having a very difficult time with her passing as am I. It has been 8 days of pain and crying. I wish God would give her back to us for one more week. We weren't ready to say good-bye. I know she will be waiting it's just the long wait which we must endure before we see her again that's so hard.
Old 26-03-2019, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
Never say "sorry" for an animal post, wozniack! They are Souls too.

Good post and good question.

When my dog passed over I was really concerned about her because I wondered how she would manage in that strange new world, when all she had known was our life at home here together.
Yes she did stay nearby for a little time after she left. I had been sensing her and having odd dreams about her but one day I actually found her during an out-of-body experience in full consciousness.

....or rather....I whistled and called for her (just wondering...has she gone? Moved on? What's happening?) I was not looking forward to there being no response, but was willing to risk it because I needed to find out. I rarely get any response from anything when out of body!

So when I whistled her she found me, and came crashing in, stumbling and thumping, and jumping against my bed in her characteristic clumsy way! That really took me by surprise.

So I gathered that she was not too "far away" at that stage, and probably in the denser environment of the Astral. Though she was perfectly well, happy, and fine. And so glad to make contact. Full of a warm and loving energy.

Whether she knew she "was dead" or not....well I don't think she did. You see, there really is no "dead", only change and transition. I don't think they think like that about what we imagine as life and death. I think they more readily accept their true selves.
Though I do feel that for some it may be a bit confusing until they get used to it.

(Later I know she became aware of her new state and graduated quite happily to the finer Astral realms. She still returns to visit from time to time, though not as often as she did at first; in the first 3 years.) Going to a finer state in the next world appears to be a natural progression, in accordance with the state of the Soul. To prevent it is rather like trying to hold down a helium balloon. It will go and find its natural place no matter what (most of the time!)

I bet your girl is frequently by you at this stage. She will transition in her own time. Don't be worried about her. Send her your love, and lots of gratitude. Send her happy energies whenever you can and tell her you love her and are very proud of her. Allow her to do what she feels she needs to do. If she wants to be with you for a while, or return for a visit -then that is fine.
Old 15-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Knower
Thank you for your comment, Tobi.

My smartphone's screen is about 8 or 9 inches tall and 4 inches wide. I have her picture on it, so it's really big. It feels as if she's almost there looking at me everyday. I don't know what I'd do without that picture. Since I can no longer hold her at least I can still see her.

I talk to her picture every other day and look at it daily. I had been doing fine until last night when this overwhelming sadness took hold. I just was missing her and about to cry. After I woke up this morning something remarkable happened. I woke up at 7:25 a.m. but stayed in bed until 8:30 a.m. checking my messages and just looking at my phone. All of a sudden I heard Fifi's bark. I could not believe it. Having been up for an hour I was wide awake so it's not like I was waking up from a dream when I heard it. She only barked once and it was definitely her. The first time I heard her bark was the morning after she died and she barked about 10 or so times in a row. She used to bark over and over again like that when she was alive. Her ashes are also in a wooden box and no more than 3 feet from my bed. Maybe 2 1/2 feet.

I wonder if she knew I had been thinking about her a lot and was sad last night, so she paid me a visit. I also thought I felt her lick my ankle the other night. She was paper trained so she never went outside. I would put paper down on the bathroom floor and after she would go she would lick my leg to tell me she was done. She would also bark.

It doesn't matter where I am. I talk to her picture on my phone while I'm sitting in the car, at a public place or at home. I think our pets and loved ones who have crossed over can hear us when we talk to them and I think they really connect to us if we talk to a photo.
I tell her all the time that I love her and am proud of her. I send out my loving thoughts to her, too. I will think of me holding her and wrapping her up inside my robe and just how we bonded while she was alive. I believe that she remembers that and I just want her to know how I feel.

I'd love to have an OBE like you had just so I can hold her again. I hate the thought of her barking or licking me to get my attention and that there is no way for me to respond. About 30 minutes ago I talked to her out loud while looking at my phone. I acknowledged her bark from this morning and I told her I loved her. There are days where I do not feel her at all. I wonder on those days if she is off playing with other dogs and just drops in several times a week or when she senses that somebody is upset.

I'm glad you had that experience with your departed pet. Perhaps you will have that again if you go out of body. I would love to do that just once. Not to say good-bye to our precious little angel but to just hold her again. That's all I want. I miss the physical touch. The only comfort I have is sensing her presence from time to time and catching glimpses of her. I was so happy to hear her bark this morning it made me want to cry. I just wish I could do more than say, "Hey, I hear you!" you know? And I hope that she knows that I can see and hear her.
Old 17-04-2019, 04:06 AM
Knower
In two days she will have been gone a month. Still can't wrap my head around it.
Old 17-04-2019, 05:00 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
In two days she will have been gone a month. Still can't wrap my head around it.
I went through it last year when my Autum passed. It'll take time.

But know she loves you and always will.

Like us...they don't die. They move on from this physical plane.