Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2006, 10:35 PM
BLAIR2BE

drumroll please...
Old 24-09-2006, 10:36 PM
BLAIR2BE

(shakin the tree glorymist?? good job!!)
Old 25-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Bob23

Tennis...anyone?

I must say that one of my favourite stories was the story within the story about the land of Lilliput and which side of the egg should be more appropriate to open in Gulliver's Travels.

It made for great entertainment don't you think?

Old 25-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Glorymist

kundalini - - I'm not gonna tell you ! !

Just - - consider - - on your own - - when would something "come to you" via like attracts like - - and when would obstacles be sent against you - - such as opposites attract.

Go from there.

:->
Old 25-09-2006, 01:31 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
kundalini - - I'm not gonna tell you ! !

Just - - consider - - on your own - - when would something "come to you" via like attracts like - - and when would obstacles be sent against you - - such as opposites attract.

Go from there.

Lol, Hah, but would not it be like attracts like when opposites attract?

My conclusion is that these laws we are quoting are paradoxical and yet at the same time are not paradoxical.

Kundalini.
Old 25-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Glorymist

kundalini - - when you can actually make the statement that on the one hand / level it looks like a paradox but on the other hand it does not - - that is an astounding discovery - - if for no other reason - - the one facet of Self that claims it to be a paradox would be the mind.

And the other facet that does not see it as such ??

Treat it softly and gently - - and be aware of the difference.

Let it grow.

One is "limited." The other - - isn't.

You have seen it in other ponderings of your life. Recognize it this time.
Old 25-09-2006, 10:44 AM
dreamer

I'm not sure that opposites attracting isn't just the law of attraction, sometimes the mind seeks solutions to it's problems by seeking out opposites to bring some clarity to itself. The law of attraction is not easy because it is not easy to discipline the mind to stop worrying and to just surrender. As we are one it is sometimes neccessary to seek an opposite to become more balanced and it is imbalance that leads to seeking an opposite in the first place. You are still attracting that which you focus on never the less.
Old 25-09-2006, 04:20 PM
kundalini

Hi Glorymist,

You are excellent at clarifying points. Yes, the facet that views it as paradoxical is the mind whereas the facet that is UNLIMITED is spirit and yet spirit would not view it, it would just BE. That is my view on that particular point.

Thanks dreamer for your post, you have reiterated more clearly what I was trying to say in a sense. I suppose the Law Of Opposites could also be seen as a person's darker side attracting that which it requires on a subconscious level in order to transmute the negativity into positivity? Stagnation into growth?

I am not just talking about what the conscious minds attracts either, I am talking about the supposed 'deeper' levels of Spirit and what that attracts and why it attracts just what it attracts...

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 25-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Glorymist

kundalini - - here's a tidbit for you.

I truly do not believe that there is an actual "Law of Opposites." And - - I'll tell you why.

As an example - - there is a principle - - or Law of - - Health - - but there is no principle / law of disease - - because it is health that is the actual core of the law and disease would be lack of - - .

It would be the same with opposites. The Law or Principle would be of Unity - - even at the level of the Universal Mind - - because it is just our viewpoint that suggests the polarity of everything. In other words - - I don't think that there is an actual Law that states something must be polarized to itself. Other than perhaps in physical world physics / science / etc.

I may have this one wrong. I don't think I have ever come across a reference to an actual "Law of Opposites" - - tho I would truly acknowledge their apparent reality. Again - - I may have this one completely wrong - - and will have to look around a bit to see what I can find.

And dreamer - - in a sense - - you are right. Opposition via problems are the way we learn. If everything went according to plan - - we would never have to learn beyond the very basics which get these actions into motion / manifestation. Opposition is the way we slow down, then look, then consider, then revise, and then move forward again. Opposition is the way we learn to take responsibility for what we just did - - or are about to do. It is the way we "refine." To learn a greater level of what we already know.

No one likes opposition. I don't like it either. But revision is the way of Life. From the good to the better. From the questionable to the acceptable. From the flawed to the clear. Or - - more so - - in each of these "examples" - - and countless others.

It is also why I sometimes do what I do - - as exemplified in some other on-going threads at the moment.

Old 26-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
You will be back. We all will. Or perhaps - - 99.99999999(etc.)% of us will.

You can always "put in your request" for a little R&R between trips. That is certainly NOT out of the question.

Hello Glorymist, hello Developing1

Unfortunately!!! - you will be back, and so will I. Bum.
But it will be a better existence by then?

We're here to do all the hard work, while the next generation of old spirit children are coming in to tidy up after us!

But we do have a job to do. That much is certain. And every passing moment counts.
Our mission, should be choose to accept it, is to disperse light!

Love and lots of the good stuff

AM
Closed Thread