Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Guide

Are (some) crimininals karma collectors?

See title... if u get robbed, murdered?? basicly whatever..

Mayb if u murdered someone u get a terrible accident. It mayb so that karma doesnt come that direct. But its an interesting question i think.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Master
If you murdered someone, it will come back to haunt you. Maybe not within the same lifetime, but it will. I was a horrible criminal in multiple incarnations. And in the lifetime before this one, my entire life was a trauma conga line of karma being returned to me. Raped, beaten, murdered, shunned by my family, financially destitute. Worked as a prostitute.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Greenslade

The original meaning of the Sanskrit word 'karma' is 'action'. Later it came to mean cause and effect but it was 'mechanical', and finally the ethical component was added. What you mean her is 'kamma' which is behaviour not cause and effect. What you're talking about here is neither, what you're talking about is reward, punishment and judgement.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Master
i no iv wishdd bad carmaa on man it robbbded me

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The original meaning of the Sanskrit word 'karma' is 'action'. Later it came to mean cause and effect but it was 'mechanical', and finally the ethical component was added. What you mean her is 'kamma' which is behaviour not cause and effect. What you're talking about here is neither, what you're talking about is reward, punishment and judgement.

Maybe it was actually karma which enlightened the ethical components. Maybe people needed time and to grow. We may have been so immature early as beings and didn't know. Maybe "we" now know what's suppose to be but couldn't fathom it, it was such a new thought that had to learned.

What is your gut feeling?

So far every religion and every religion like philosophy teaches the idea of goodness and behavior. Does behavior lead to cause and effect and does cause and effect lead to behavior, that is why they are important imo. You do not consider any source behind Karma.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Guide
Quote:

So beautifully said once again Greenslade

Have you seen any spiritual philosophy by Alan Watts at all, as he expresses the very same view that I also share? If you have a moment he has many talks on YouTube which I am sure will resonate with you

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 03-02-2018, 02:53 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

I'm going to be the party pooper here Karma in Buddhist terms is intention. Intending, one goes on to act/think/feel.

Also the Buddhist definition of karma is not simply cause and effect as far as I understand it.

(carry on! )

BT
Old 03-02-2018, 05:28 AM
Master
BT, could you possibly describe the Buddhist definition of karma if you have time? I have been wondering on what exactly the Buddhist definition of karma is and how exactly it differs from that which we see today the what you reap you shall sow.

Personally I have not seen much evidence for myself to consider the existence of karma something I should be allowing room for in my personal faith. As an individual human being I have taken witness to people do bad things (what they Sow) and have seen that they have not Reaped.

That is to say yes their are indeed people whom do ill and get away with it. Karma does not for me explain this or rather I have no evidence for karma in these instances.

Karma or the definition often used of it simply has no place in my personal spirituality. That is to say I do not believe one makes a mistake and then has to pay for said mistake, re-incarnate and wait until the karma plays out.

I rather realize instead that people should take responsibility for their actions, And that yes people do make mistakes or also intentionally do harm. I do not hold faith in either a God, or spiritual system that dishes out punishment.

That is only my own view on this currently. I am interested like I said in the Buddhist definition of karma, I used to read on Buddhism quite a bit, but seems I perhaps have forgotten having read this? Possibly.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:22 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
See title... if u get robbed, murdered?? basicly whatever..

Mayb if u murdered someone u get a terrible accident. It mayb so that karma doesnt come that direct. But its an interesting question i think.

Aw dont say that. Now all those imbalanced selfish psychos have one more reason to justify their actions
Old 03-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Maybe it was actually karma which enlightened the ethical components. Maybe people needed time and to grow. We may have been so immature early as beings and didn't know. Maybe "we" now know what's suppose to be but couldn't fathom it, it was such a new thought that had to learned.

What is your gut feeling?

So far every religion and every religion like philosophy teaches the idea of goodness and behavior. Does behavior lead to cause and effect and does cause and effect lead to behavior, that is why they are important imo. You do not consider any source behind Karma.
Not just my gut feeling but it's all about reward and punishment, nothing more. I like to think I;m a good guy not because karma will give me some payback but because I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of the people who don't have the same moral compass as I have. I know how it feels and I can empathise on a very different level with people who have gone through the same.

Karma has been defined as two sides of the same coin, if you were a victim in one Life your karma is that you become the perpetrator in the next. That balances your karma. If people actually thought about it they'd realise that what doesn't kill them makes them stronger and all those hurts can be turned into halos.

'Real' karma at work is thinking something is bad karma, not learning the lesson and the effect of that is having to do it all over again and thinking that the Universe is out to get them because they were naughty in a past Life. Not to mention that intention 'eases' bad karma, so if I intend to do you a good turn and you break our leg, I don't suffer for it. What is the karma of discussing karma and not discussing the ethics it's 'based' on?

Here's the karma of thinking karma is good or bad at work. If you're looking to create 'good karma' for yourself you're acting from a place of wanting a reward, you're not acting from the vibration of being a 'nice guy' - you just want people to think you've put on the nice mask. That's a low vibration. If you hope that someone will 'get theirs because they've done you wrong' that's revenge and even though you wouldn't actually carry it out yourself it's still the revenge vibe just the same. Christ consciousness goes by the wayside because people want to believe in bad karma and that the Universe will show them the error of their ways. What happened to turning the other cheek? And while we're reinforcing our beliefs in bad karma aren't we completely missing out on Unconditional Love? Those are only the closest steps in a much larger picture because it goes a lot further than that. What's often not thought about is that effects create causes and it just keeps on going.

Karma - both 'good' and 'bad' - helps to perpetuate the darkness and causes inner conflict, because the bad guys seldom seem to 'get theirs'.

As for ethics..... In a rules-based ethics we're supposed to be nice to each other so if I call you an idiot? However you react is your lesson, and you're welcome so come back when you need another one. Believing in bad karma means you missed the lesson so your Spiritual Development takes a hit and believing you should 'do the Spiritual thing' means you don't get good and angry, go to college and get a degree to shove up my nose to prove me wrong. Unlucky.