Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Guide

Achieving being a positive person, my view

I think this can only be achieved if u embrace reality, in regards to urself as well. I have a neighbour here who sees himself as a positive person. I disagree. They (smoke) and once they tried quitting it turned into fighting pretty quick.
My theory is they hide their differences and what not trough smoking.

I also had an argument once where he said something completely irrational. Not really being able to hold something against it. In short, i simply do feel negativity from him, thus i dont really see him as a positive person. Yet he does. Nice, sure. But positive no.

I once read that ignoring something (that bothers u fe) is strength.
Imo this is completely false. Ignoring means u willingly (sub or con) fight against a reaction. This only creates false pride.

Ignoring isnt the same as not paying attention to something.
It means u see it regardless but chose willingly to not react because u dont see value in it. Imo this is true maturity. The other is false maturity.

I also realise this is a trigger of false ego to not embrace change.

And its understandable cause it can create a lot of stress if u let everything trough. But perhaps now and then it can be a good awareness practice to chose to not pay attention instead of ignoring something. And what questions and so fort it can bring. Just an inbring. But really i say this, cause i experienced so many times a bring up an argument somewhere online and just when i think its a pretty good argument, i dont hear anything back or i get blocked or something.
Then im like, ok u supposed to be spiritual and what not right, im pointing out something here that imv holds truth. But im thinking the majority only wants sugat coating and no reality. Believe me, true spirituality is embracement not an escape. Signing up for true spirituality is almost as if ur signing up for hardcore army training. Why? Because the world aint all about sunshine and rainbows. That is the reality.
Discarding the reality, of how the world is and can be? Sure go into " spiritual"
and start seeing unicorns and rainbows. While that is a part of it. It doesnt touch reality.
Imo its about bringin this beauty (because that is truth as well, it is present just not in reality) into reality. To do this doesnt go without at least a little force. So in able to do this one has to become strong. One becomes strong by embracing reality. Thus positive.

Longer then i meant but...
Old 22-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
It means u see it regardless but chose willingly to not react because u dont see value in it.

... was wondering, wouldn't it be more proper to say ........ because of the value we see in it.

(I've always thought we're all pretty much aware of what and why we do the things we do, the reason, we just usually never have to explain.....lol.)
Old 22-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Experiencer
I think in a universal or general term, 'positive' is quite easy to establish. It's the opposite of feeling lack of hope, desire etc etc. But, I've also seen it countless times with people thinking they are positive and I have thought the exact opposite, just like your situation with your neighbour smoking.

Who are we to say he isn't positive? Just because he smokes doesn't mean he's negative. He might wake up every morning, jump out of bed whistling and genuinely look forward to the day ahead.

He might be pumped for life.

Of course, their smoking might be a distraction on a deeper level, but it may aid in them being positive.

Again, what you think he said is irrational he may think wasn't, otherwise I doubt he would have said it, unless he went out intentionally to do so. It is all perception and we aren't to judge IMO.

It certainly isn't for us to tell someone they're being irrational and effectively 'wrong' making us 'right' as that is the ego plain and simple. Questioning someone around their beliefs is perhaps a better way of seeking answers. I find most people open themselves up when questioned and they soon find out the answers themselves - it isn't for me to tell them.

I agree with the ignoring thing, but I am not sure what context it was written. To give an example:

If someone turned to me and said ''You're a moron!'', ignoring them can be dealt with in two ways.

1) You literally ignore them, but in doing this the emotionally triggered response you felt (if you did feel it) would linger within and cause a blockage.

2) You feel the emotional trigger, but allow it - observe it - and don't react. So that is ignoring it also.

I choose number two as often as I can, that way I'm dealing with the emotion, not causing a blockage, but I'm also not responding with something untoward as I am aware that is the ego, not who I am. Plus, it doesn't feed the other person.

Wholeheartedly agree about spirituality not being easy, I even laughed at you describing it as unicorns and rainbows, haha. I use the term ''rabbits bouncing in the meadow'' as most people think it's all about bliss, man.

Yes, there are times of pure joy and elation, feeling at one etc, but in my experience it is as though I have a mirror in front of me at all times and this person is putting a pair of medical gloves on and saying 'right, lets open you up, then' and uncovering a whole host of emotional blockages and trauma I have carried around with me for thirty-odd years.

Good post, though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited by OEN34 : 22-01-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: swearing not allowed.
Old 22-01-2018, 06:58 PM
boshy b. good

stressors are the noc because by adapting to both sides, your side and the side you are watching, that
is all, how you have your heartpumped, loving the down sides pumps heart from and of better value, is all.
we love down sides by accepting (that) ourselves are and shall and or whatever and have love to give out
by being ok and by being alright, at least or and at most as a person. no sweat. through

Last edited by boshy b. good : 22-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Old 23-01-2018, 06:42 AM
Master
Luckily i've never been positive or spiritual according to someone else's distorted views.
Old 23-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
I think this can only be achieved if u embrace reality, in regards to urself as well. I have a neighbour here who sees himself as a positive person. I disagree. They (smoke) and once they tried quitting it turned into fighting pretty quick.
My theory is they hide their differences and what not trough smoking.

I also had an argument once where he said something completely irrational. Not really being able to hold something against it. In short, i simply do feel negativity from him, thus i dont really see him as a positive person. Yet he does. Nice, sure. But positive no.

I once read that ignoring something (that bothers u fe) is strength.
Imo this is completely false. Ignoring means u willingly (sub or con) fight against a reaction. This only creates false pride.

Ignoring isnt the same as not paying attention to something.
It means u see it regardless but chose willingly to not react because u dont see value in it. Imo this is true maturity. The other is false maturity.

I also realise this is a trigger of false ego to not embrace change.

And its understandable cause it can create a lot of stress if u let everything trough. But perhaps now and then it can be a good awareness practice to chose to not pay attention instead of ignoring something. And what questions and so fort it can bring. Just an inbring. But really i say this, cause i experienced so many times a bring up an argument somewhere online and just when i think its a pretty good argument, i dont hear anything back or i get blocked or something.
Then im like, ok u supposed to be spiritual and what not right, im pointing out something here that imv holds truth. But im thinking the majority only wants sugat coating and no reality. Believe me, true spirituality is embracement not an escape. Signing up for true spirituality is almost as if ur signing up for hardcore army training. Why? Because the world aint all about sunshine and rainbows. That is the reality.
Discarding the reality, of how the world is and can be? Sure go into " spiritual"
and start seeing unicorns and rainbows. While that is a part of it. It doesnt touch reality.
Imo its about bringin this beauty (because that is truth as well, it is present just not in reality) into reality. To do this doesnt go without at least a little force. So in able to do this one has to become strong. One becomes strong by embracing reality. Thus positive.

Longer then i meant but...

In the end you can only listen to yourself, the reactions you receive in return of your choices to speak up or whatever you choose to be doing, are to be accepted as part of that choice.

People not open to hear you wont hear you, people carry reactions and struggles deep sometimes and so things wont arise as easily as you might perceive you can be very forward about.

Discernment is a good thing, it teaches you to speak up, or let go, be silent whatever your called to do. Listening inwardly offers you all manner of ways to build the world you want to see.

It is you learning the nature of reality, so its good to listen to what transpires in you for you in regards to external views.

Sometimes it takes courage, to push through and do what you need to do or be, forcing isn't really something that builds understanding, and most often force will fall upon deaf ears, not open to want to be pushed to hard. Activation through your own positive stance can be good model. Being truthful and assertive. Bouncing off reactions will sometimes lead you to places in yourself activated and reacting, so you have to be careful of your own reactions in the face of such things. I mean you can try but be open to what you receive in return, more aware of what works and what doesn't work. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-01-2018, 10:26 AM
boshy b. good

It takes eager to start everything, motors
And motion (be) ready (deeper inside)

arguments need fix. that's positive.
going with the vibe of what is, have
got meal, i think.

Quote:
truth covers us up real good

carefree is the trademark of peace,
peace that will give us the best

Last edited by boshy b. good : 23-01-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 23-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Luckily i've never been positive or spiritual according to someone else's distorted views.

it shows...
Old 23-01-2018, 01:32 PM
boshy b. good

positive is saying yes to
your people, your hoped,,
Old 23-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Master
It is nearly impossible to know what the next person is feeling or thinking and always advisable to to fucus on yourself instead.