Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Pathfinder

What does a "Twin Flame" really mean?

So what's the real meaning behind "Twin Flame", and how does this relate to the idea that we are all connected to the source with this inner light implanted in us in which we call souls?

From your own experience, what makes you feel that another person can help you feel connected with the source? What's the difference between a "Twin Flame" relationship vs. your typical bf/gf relationship? Some of the posts I read in this section can be pretty misleading and makes it hard to distinguish between the two.

It's also very easy to succumb to emotions when you're in a relationship without any awareness. So how can you tell whether it's your soul, or mere emotions a work?

Thanks!
Old 23-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Deactivated Account

The soul expresses thru the emotional body.

Ther's a lot of discussion of what's what kind of soul connection. I generally don't see a point of debating on here what kind someone is or what label a poster wants to use, unless they specifically bring up the question and ask for input on it. Otherwise it just makes more sense to honor the label they want to give it, doing the discerning & soul searching, researching, questioning, is up to each one an beyond the scope of a typical thread.

Not sure about your first question, but I like the idea that the experience links us- shows us how we have been or can be linked - to the universal fabric of mind, the Oneness, the Source of ALL that IS, that can be accessed in ways we never knew before.
Old 24-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Pathfinder

I see your point.

There is something that made me a little skeptical of "Twin Flame" theory, though. It's the fact there seems to be a disproportion between male and female posters in this section. I noticed that there are far more female posters in this section than males. When you compare it to the other sections (e.g spirituality, meditation etc..), different genders are more evened out.

Why do only women believe in "Twin Flame" theory more than men? Do women post here more because of an innate biological drive rather than for divine reasons?

I ask because I personally don't think that biological drives can bring us closer to the truth....
Old 24-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Lakshmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender88
So what's the real meaning behind "Twin Flame", and how does this relate to the idea that we are all connected to the source with this inner light implanted in us in which we call souls?

From your own experience, what makes you feel that another person can help you feel connected with the source? What's the difference between a "Twin Flame" relationship vs. your typical bf/gf relationship? Some of the posts I read in this section can be pretty misleading and makes it hard to distinguish between the two.

It's also very easy to succumb to emotions when you're in a relationship without any awareness. So how can you tell whether it's your soul, or mere emotions a work?

Thanks!

In my perspective, the whole concept of twin flames is a paradox.

Yes, we are all, as you say and as many others here have said, all ultimately one, connected to/made of the same Source energy, so from that perspective twin flames seem a bit redundant, or even don't make sense or offend and trigger some people .

However, I believe we came to this game show (Earth) to learn through polarity, duality, and contrast (and yes, ultimately to transcend it) so we created all kinds of fun ways to do this: male/female, dark/light, night/day, north/south, etc. etc. etc. Twin flames are merely an aspect of this "game" -- masculine/feminine halves with opposing yet perfectly complementary aspects. Yes, ultimately we are all one. But as we play in these dimensions, some say (and I believe) we did choose to "pair up" and see what happened from there.

Well, what happened was a whole of of chaos and crazy LOL, and also a whole lot of mind-blowing love, passion, magnetic pulls, synchronicities, magic, healing, soul upheavals, you name it. We all paid for our twin soul tickets and now here we are, in the fun house .
Old 24-12-2013, 02:27 AM
thecenterisstill

Love this. And this is also why I'm starting to understand why even if physical union in the traditional sense doesn't happen, it won't in any way change the connection and the influence it and he have had on my life. Many many times a day lately I'm reminded in my everyday interactions how much things have shifted for me, and in a relatively short time. It's amazing. Because of this beautiful man, yes, but there's something else too. The something else is in what you point to below. It's possible that I could have come to this place without him, but I'm so grateful it happened with him. It's definitely been a fun house. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
In my perspective, the whole concept of twin flames is a paradox.

Yes, we are all, as you say and as many others here have said, all ultimately one, connected to/made of the same Source energy, so from that perspective twin flames seem a bit redundant, or even don't make sense or offend and trigger some people .

However, I believe we came to this game show (Earth) to learn through polarity, duality, and contrast (and yes, ultimately to transcend it) so we created all kinds of fun ways to do this: male/female, dark/light, night/day, north/south, etc. etc. etc. Twin flames are merely an aspect of this "game" -- masculine/feminine halves with opposing yet perfectly complementary aspects. Yes, ultimately we are all one. But as we play in these dimensions, some say (and I believe) we did choose to "pair up" and see what happened from there.

Well, what happened was a whole of of chaos and crazy LOL, and also a whole lot of mind-blowing love, passion, magnetic pulls, synchronicities, magic, healing, soul upheavals, you name it. We all paid for our twin soul tickets and now here we are, in the fun house .