Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 21-03-2012, 06:50 AM
chandrakavi

Foudn this quote interesting.

Quote:
“You exist in time, but you belong to eternity. You are a penetration of eternity into the world of time. You are deathless, living in a body of death. Your consciousness knows no death, no birth. It is only your body that is born and dies. But you are not aware of your consciousness; you are not conscious of your consciousness. And that is the whole art of meditation: becoming conscious of consciousness itself.”

- OSHO
Old 21-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Time is an illusion like many here have said. Not linear anything. If everything is just "there" than our future must be set in stone. No? Cause taking this idea that would also mean that our past isn't set in stone.
I honestly believe that people who say its not set in stone do it to ease their minds and make them feel in control. But its not like we read a book and know whats going to happen. Believing that everything that happens happens for a reasons shouldn't stop someone from purposing what they want with all their might!
Anyway, its just seems that because time doesn't exist and everything just "is" there cannot be a way to change what will happen.

I know exactly what you mean, Devilish Angel. I really can't understand this either. What I know so far is that Time is Relative. Studies have found that things like Gravity and Speed affect our perception of time, but more than that it affects everything around that area, for instance they found that time runs just a few nanoseconds faster the more elevated you are, and slower the faster you move. However what puzzles me is that to conduct these experiments, they used what is called an "Atomic Clock", which supposedly is "accurate" in a sense that it is not affected by speed nor gravity. It's weird, I'm still trying to figure out as much as I can about it.

So based in experiments time just another perception, that there is no actual "time", but the atomic clock suggests otherwise!

Hope we can keep in touch because I've been looking for someone to learn this with. Let me know what you know? :)
Old 21-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
There is no past (its gone) and the future hasn't happened...so that leaves only the now which changes to the past as I type. Yikes! my words on the page are disappearing into the past..hehe

Do you mean to say.. That the words you typed... are literally "gone"... but I still see them... they are no longer there, but they are in my head?... am i right? Seriously I was reading your words and this hit me. Am I kind of in the same page?
Old 23-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Henri77

From what some say.. we "have one foot" in the fourth dimension these days. and are seeing stuff happen that wouldn't have occurred 20 yrs ago.....or only very rarely.

Present language cannot represent the realities we're beginning to sense-perceive, except poetically. (we mostly have no concepts for them, just yet)

I intuit it's now possible to change our past to some degree... if we truly believe we can
Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Seeker

This is discussed in Hinduism as "Maya"
Old 08-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDancer
Time is an illusion like many here have said. Not linear anything. If everything is just "there" than our future must be set in stone. No? Cause taking this idea that would also mean that our past isn't set in stone.
I honestly believe that people who say its not set in stone do it to ease their minds and make them feel in control. But its not like we read a book and know whats going to happen. Believing that everything that happens happens for a reasons shouldn't stop someone from purposing what they want with all their might!
Anyway, its just seems that because time doesn't exist and everything just "is" there cannot be a way to change what will happen.

we wud be so lots if we dnt hav it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔