Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-10-2017, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
So how do you see craziness?

Someone who knows the amount of risk and danger they are placing themselves in but does so anyway with very little reasoning. Perfectly aware while acting wild and unpredictable. An example of this in the spiritual field would be Osho. If you read about his life, this guy was just crazy. Even his words, he is contradicting himself without any care. An example of this in a negative way is The Joker character from Batman. He knows what's up yet acts out in such a crazy way. He would rob you, then burn the money afterwards while laughing about it. He ain't motivated by fear, greed, or some belief, he knows what he's doing.

I believe i touched on it just a little a few pages back.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:47 AM
Administrator
You don't have to be crazy to be spiritual but it helps.but does that not go for everything else as well

Namaste
Old 15-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Master
I do belief craziness helps if one wishes to proceed further. But it appears as though spirituality to many is about establishing new beliefs, creating and clinging to new identities. How to become happier and get what you want. Understandably.
Old 15-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
There aren't enough crazy people here to spice things up.

Is that so?
Old 15-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Someone who knows the amount of risk and danger they are placing themselves in but does so anyway with very little reasoning. Perfectly aware while acting wild and unpredictable. An example of this in the spiritual field would be Osho. If you read about his life, this guy was just crazy. Even his words, he is contradicting himself without any care. An example of this in a negative way is The Joker character from Batman. He knows what's up yet acts out in such a crazy way. He would rob you, then burn the money afterwards while laughing about it. He ain't motivated by fear, greed, or some belief, he knows what he's doing...
Osho was an interesting case. He seemed to have some genuine insight, but also displayed what appeared to be some sociopathic tendencies. If I had to guess I would call it schizophrenia or possibly borderline personality disorder, though his substance abuse makes any real diagnosis difficult, and I am not a psychiatrist anyway.

The Joker is a fictional character.

And just for clarification, I would classify 'crazy' not as a pejorative, but simply someone who, because of mental health issues, is unable to function in a productive way.

Old 15-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Osho was an interesting case. He seemed to have some genuine insight, but also displayed what appeared to be some sociopathic tendencies. If I had to guess I would call it schizophrenia or possibly borderline personality disorder, though his substance abuse makes any real diagnosis difficult, and I am not a psychiatrist anyway.

The Joker is a fictional character.

And just for clarification, I would classify 'crazy' not as a pejorative, but simply someone who, because of mental health issues, is unable to function in a productive way.

^^ Well yeah our views differ when it comes to craziness. Joker is a fictional character but a colorful example that many are familiar with. I could come up with more but i figure most would get the point. There are many rumors about Osho's mental health. But he displayed great wisdom and crazy like behavior since childhood. Assuming his autobiography is based on actual events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Is that so?

Old 16-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Kioma

Quote:
...Well yeah our views differ when it comes to craziness. Joker is a fictional character but a colorful example that many are familiar with. I could come up with more but i figure most would get the point. There are many rumors about Osho's mental health. But he displayed great wisdom and crazy like behavior since childhood. Assuming his autobiography is based on actual events...
I don't think the 'with no reason' thing washes at all. Even with the Joker, the author puts it all on the suffering he endured at the hands of his cruel father. And his father's story - who knows? No, I think 'crazy' people actually have very strong reasons for the things they do. They may not be good reasons, and the rationality that their actions will actually make things better may be flawed, but I've never seen a case of somebody doing something for no reason.

We are seeing that more and more, with mass shootings and political movements aimed at taking rights and benefits away from masses of people in the name of 'freedom'. Something gets very twisted somehow, but they still do these things for 'reasons'. Somehow, in some people's minds these things are seen as making things better, but they don't. That's the craziness.

Old 17-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't think the 'with no reason' thing washes at all. Even with the Joker, the author puts it all on the suffering he endured at the hands of his cruel father. And his father's story - who knows? No, I think 'crazy' people actually have very strong reasons for the things they do. They may not be good reasons, and the rationality that their actions will actually make things better may be flawed, but I've never seen a case of somebody doing something for no reason.

We are seeing that more and more, with mass shootings and political movements aimed at taking rights and benefits away from masses of people in the name of 'freedom'. Something gets very twisted somehow, but they still do these things for 'reasons'. Somehow, in some people's minds these things are seen as making things better, but they don't. That's the craziness.

Naturally cause and effect may play into it in which can cause a person to act out in a way i described as crazy. I don't pay too much attention to tv but the mass killers seem motivated by fear, hate, beliefs. Like those who commit acts of terrorism. They appear to be brainwashed or afraid and use their beliefs to mask their fears and justify their actions. More delusional than crazy. I wouldn't put them in the same category as The Joker character.
Old 17-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
It's not just spirituality. there are rebel thinkers in every traditional field. However in spirituality... i swear like 90% of the field is people with severe trauma or a traumatic childhood.
Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results, has the critical mass of Spirituality gone stale and those that "Turn on, tune in, drop out" have gone insane or are they they sane ones after all?

It's also been said that religion is for those that are afraid of going to hell and Spirituality is for those that have been there. Spirituality has been said to be about Life experience and when it becomes about the ideologies and theologies it becomes a religion.

Sometimes playing in the puddles blows the cobwebs out of the head, sometimes it helps to forget the mainstream, declare yourself a rebel and follow where your heart wants to go. Mind-based Spirituality isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Old 17-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results, has the critical mass of Spirituality gone stale and those that "Turn on, tune in, drop out" have gone insane or are they they sane ones after all?

It's also been said that religion is for those that are afraid of going to hell and Spirituality is for those that have been there. Spirituality has been said to be about Life experience and when it becomes about the ideologies and theologies it becomes a religion.

Sometimes playing in the puddles blows the cobwebs out of the head, sometimes it helps to forget the mainstream, declare yourself a rebel and follow where your heart wants to go. Mind-based Spirituality isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Great post.

Mind based spirituality isn't spirituality - it's a tool for realizing it.