Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Master

That's beautiful figaromelting, what an elegant poem.

Right now - I'm wanting to be romanced! Oh well, I've got my good self and I didn't send me a valentine card so why am i complaining?
Old 14-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by figaromelting
I've written a poem which I think might interest you - on this subject:

http://eleanorleech.tumblr.com/post/...24/love-within

Wow I LOVE your poem! I'll read it everytime as a reminder to love myself first. Everything you wrote sounds true. Thank you for sharing your poem with us! It actually helps me with this self love thing.

Edit: So I read your tumblr page & I really like the poems you wrote. They are very encouraging & positive.
Old 23-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvee
Wow I LOVE your poem! I'll read it everytime as a reminder to love myself first. Everything you wrote sounds true. Thank you for sharing your poem with us! It actually helps me with this self love thing.

Edit: So I read your tumblr page & I really like the poems you wrote. They are very encouraging & positive.

Thankyou that means a lot. I'm glad you liked my poems, thanks again for reading them.

All the best to you
Old 27-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Knower

Wow this is an old thread! I'm rereading this and alot has happened from then till now. I'm 22 (soon 23). I eventually did start dating, being in a relationship & attracting people etc. when I hit 20.

It's funny but love found me when I least expected it with once I started to relax about this whole love and romance thing.

It was great and was everything I ever wanted but there were also dark dark things I went through. I did go through a few toxic and very dark relationships in the 3 years that have gone by, traumatizing and painful to say the least, but they have really transformed me and made me the person I am today.

Right now, I am currently single and REALLY concentrating on self love, self worth, my goals, my happiness etc. When I look back at my 19 y.o self she was someone that had low self esteem and had no confidence in herself, I am proud to say that I have come a VERY long way. I was always afraid that I wouldn't be able to attract anyone because I didn't love myself, but as the years have gone by I attracted SO many people that pointed out things in me that I didn't notice. The beauty in my soul.

I now realize that it's ok to want a relationship, to let yourself be emotionally vulnerable but the thing you have to have first is SELF LOVE. I learned so much about intimacy with my relationships. Going through 'abusive' relationships also was a wake up call. As a teen, I saw romantic love as rosy and smooth but I experienced the dark side of love and it was one hell of a ride and I don't regret any of it. That's the reality of relationships, I must first become a healthier me so I can attract a healthier we :)

So to anyone struggling out there...Things do get better and life...Life is one hell of a ride, filled with surprises ;)