Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-09-2019, 05:25 PM
janielee

Those who don’t know God will never see God. Those who think of a God don’t know a God. Those who God knows is All.
Old 16-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Knower
I prefer the way my tradition, Hinduism, deals with the suffering and evil in the universe: Problem of evil in Hinduism:

"The standard problem of evil found in monotheistic religions does not apply to almost all traditions of Hinduism because it does not posit an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent creator. ... neither good nor evil, neither bliss nor suffering are linked to gods or god, but considered a part of the innate nature of living in the Saṃsāra cycle of rebirths. ... Hinduism and other Indian religions do not focus on the problem of evil as formulated in monotheistic religions, by attempting to reconcile the nature of one all-powerful, all-seeing, all-benevolent god with existence of evil. ... "

Given what's outlined in the article, God cannot possibly be the author, creator or origin of evil and suffering. That's an Abrahamic and monotheistic view, with God in control of everything. A puppet-master, if you will, pulling the strings of existence.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
I prefer the way my tradition, Hinduism, deals with the suffering and evil in the universe: Problem of evil in Hinduism:

"The standard problem of evil found in monotheistic religions does not apply to almost all traditions of Hinduism because it does not posit an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent creator. ... neither good nor evil, neither bliss nor suffering are linked to gods or god, but considered a part of the innate nature of living in the Saṃsāra cycle of rebirths. ... Hinduism and other Indian religions do not focus on the problem of evil as formulated in monotheistic religions, by attempting to reconcile the nature of one all-powerful, all-seeing, all-benevolent god with existence of evil. ... "

Given what's outlined in the article, God cannot possibly be the author, creator or origin of evil and suffering. That's an Abrahamic and monotheistic view, with God in control of everything. A puppet-master, if you will, pulling the strings of existence.
As a Hindu, but also a Shaivite, my take is slightly different...Lord Shiva IS all of the "omnis", but the 'evil' that God does, is only in the minds of humankind.

When Veerbhadra appeared and decapitated Daksha, many would have called that "evil"...when Narsimha Deva disemboweled Hiranyakashipu, many would have called that "evil"...what Hindus have that is pretty much unique, is a tradition of Demiurges or righteous justification (Dharmakshetra) according to God's Will...Jahweh also did it with Nineveh, Sodom and Gommorah, the Great Flood, Atlantis....God IS kind and loving...just don't pi$$ Him off! LOL

The human ego, Ahamkara is very self-serving and there is a heck of a lot of misplaced empathy in "the name of the species"...a human killing a human is wrong, but if God does it, that's cool! It is a pity one pretty much needs to be a Hindu to appreciate it.
Old 16-09-2019, 10:53 PM
Master

problem of evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan

Hinduism is multi-faceted . While some of the beliefs you stated are right not all of them holds water. Hinduism too considers the God as omniscient,omni-potent , omni-present creator (Generator Operator Destroyer - GOD) . His scales are way different and bigger than humans. So what may appear to be bad may be good in His schema of things .

Hinduism too reconcile the wrong-happening through 'Maya' . Maya (feminine in Hinduism literally meaning illusion ) though may appear like 'Setan' in Abrahamic / monotheistic religions , is psychologically different in that it is GOD created and has no independent existence of its own.Only a skilled life scientist can recognize and control this Maya (illusion ) .
Old 16-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
As a Hindu, but also a Shaivite, my take is slightly different...Lord Shiva IS all of the "omnis", but the 'evil' that God does, is only in the minds of humankind.

When Veerbhadra appeared and decapitated Daksha, many would have called that "evil"...when Narsimha Deva disemboweled Hiranyakashipu, many would have called that "evil"...what Hindus have that is pretty much unique, is a tradition of Demiurges or righteous justification (Dharmakshetra) according to God's Will...Jahweh also did it with Nineveh, Sodom and Gommorah, the Great Flood, Atlantis....God IS kind and loving...just don't pi$$ Him off! LOL

The human ego, Ahamkara is very self-serving and there is a heck of a lot of misplaced empathy in "the name of the species"...a human killing a human is wrong, but if God does it, that's cool! It is a pity one pretty much needs to be a Hindu to appreciate it.
Enlighten comments.

Kali is another Goddness that Westerners can not understand.
In many cases, they fear statues of her.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Master

God killing demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Enlighten comments.

In Hinduim also violence is bad and followers are taught to abstain from it . However when people with disproportionately excessive bad traits (called demons) attack the values system /ethos of the society/persecute innocent & good , it becomes the duty of every follower to put up a brave fight to it and in the process the demon may have to be killed also .

It's like 'holy war' in Christianity and 'jihad' in Islam . Of course people killing innocent beings,enslaving female for sexual exploitation and spreading terror can never real 'jihad' which original scriptures may have scripted and in Hindusim such kind of violence for personal /selfish goals is strictly despised and abhorred .

Goddess Kali is signifies the victory of Good over Evil and that's why its very much venerable despite its fearful looks. As many say fear is the beginning of wisdom (Relevant to wrong doing people ) .
Old 17-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Enlighten comments.

Kali or Maha Kali is the "better half" of Maha Kala (Lord Shiva in Yaksha Swaroopa or Demonic God-form).

All of this is going to tie in with the posts I made in the Buddhist forum on "No God":

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=131193

Because Shiva (Maha Kala) is also Purusha...the Eternal potential without an energetic/animating quality..it takes His Shakti (Prakriti/Divine Energies) to do that, so how can He, Himself alone really destroy anything?

When change happens, it usually isn't in the interests of mankind, it is in the interests of universal or cosmic equilibrium. It is to keep harmony and balance among the universal forces...whether that means to kill a few Demons (Asuras) here or there, or to dance and cause an earthquake or hurricane when the population of a place is getting too large or people are doing things they shouldn't be doing...and we all know that things must die so that new things can be born....it is just the laws of this material nature...like it or lump it.

Kali actually means Goddess of Time or Black Goddess, just as Kala means God of Time of Black God...both are associated with death and death is associated with darkness or blackness...death (darkness) is the natural result of time...and hence the significance and the reference.

The Goddess Kali is pronounced like 'Kaali".

The Age of Kali (Kali Yuga) is totally different! It is a different word! This is where many Westerners slip up...comparing things which should never be compared and reaching outlandish conclusions.

The word Kali, pronounced as 'kalli' means discord, disquiet and unruly unrest..pretty much a combination of all those things...it has nothing to do with the Goddess...except for maybe that without Shakti, nothing would ever come into existence ANYWAY, 'good' OR 'bad'.

About the two halves of masculine and feminine joining up.. about Purusha (Shiva) and Prakriti (Shakti) coming together in Tantric union...we call that either Ardhanarishwara (the half/half God(dess) or we can see it in the Shiva Lingam with the male regenerative aspect (Lingam) inside the female nurturing aspect (Yoni) and Shiva Lingams are often given as gifts and worshiped by couples to get pregnant.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...QvVe6RjpP9rdl8

Thank you, John...I am actually very happy you have chosen to interact with me on here at a deeper level...not many do and for your replies and participation, I am very grateful.
Old 17-09-2019, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you, John...I am actually very happy you have chosen to interact with me on here at a deeper level...not many do and for your replies and participation, I am very grateful.
Thanks for your skilled enlightenment of Kali
and I also thank you for your nice comment.
Have a nice day.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-09-2019, 02:06 AM
Master

@ Shivani ... thanks for the informative post (as always)

Old 17-09-2019, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ Shivani ... thanks for the informative post (as always)

You are also very welcome. I also thank you for deciding to dig deeper with recent posts and PMs. I enjoy sharing the rich cultural heritage of Sanatana Dharma and happy to be given the opportunity to do so in the main forums.

Have a terrific day to both of you and also to all beings.