Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-07-2019, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Yes. I’m seeing what you mean.

In your case and life where your focused right now, it’s showing in being actively engaged gets the results. It’s important to the lifestyle your choosing. It’s your choice and it’s requirements are quite rigorous and require dedication, repitition and focus..In this case even if the business doesn’t take off the way you would like, even if in competition you fail to win, there is you as the dream who has gained from all this. Your fit and healthy, you can do things you couldn’t do before and so the process has been your gain, the results may not have reached the mark you anticipated could or wanted to be, but your a winner anyway..

I don't know if I choose it or not, and maybe there's no me at all to begin with, but I don't know things like other people do, I just know it takes a lot of persistent effort to get this stuff to work, and it might not work. I might fall on my face for all I know - and them people might say I chose that too, but you don;t get to choose to lift heavy things. You have to train to make it a possibility and if you dont train you don't have a ant's chance in your pants. teehee.

Just thing how there were times in the past when you did a thing and it went to put you where you are now, did you choose that thing, and did you choose where it make you end up, or is there just consequences that no one gets to choose, like kamma?

Quote:
And you know what they say about winners don’t you? ;)

They take it all?

Quote:
The new age thought about imagining yourself into being, most definitely works for some things in life. It’s been well documented by those who practice it and see results.

Just look at the process realistically. The get where I am I had to forst have a highschool grad, then I need a personal trainer qualification, and then I need a business registration, first aid and cpr certificates, and a bunch of other things, and I didnt just imagine myself as this. 'This' is a product of what went in before, so what is to come is a product of what goes in now.

Quote:
It could well be people need this process to start to see the link between mind and reality as outlet reflection. So those times life somehow magically intercedes at just the right moment in our need often opens people to not only change their thoughts, but also see that life does support us at times. Those times can and often are a catalyst to transfer from pain and struggle, to seeing how life can be when we change.[/quote
It’s in those moments the potential begins to rise above its pre conceived ideas about itself and life. We see we can do anything, if we apply ourselves in how we think about those things and how we feel. We shift the pendulum and it’s amazing what the pull in this away can awaken in people. So as I shared where you are, doing what your choosing, it’s not going to happen overnight, but it will happen and yes it’s a choice that requires more than your imagined self. Well where you are now in yourself it does.

It's nothing to do with me personally, Im just saying it's you can imagine yourself pulling a deadlift for the rest of your life, but unless you actually pull on the bar it'll never be an actuality.

Quote:
I went to a seminar once whereby the speaker talked about studies done on those who imagined themselves as their goal. Strangely there were things mentioned about seeing changes in them, that you where you are and me where I am might see as “not possible” People were showing physical changes in their bodies through the power of thought and imagination. It’s a hard concept for me to fathom, but who knows? The potential of the mind/body in positive light might be something we just haven’t imagined yet?

I'm pretty skeptical of that sort of thing.