Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 20-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Experiencer
EVP?

So I was bored and decided to see if I could record something. I was having some trouble to sleep. (Sometimes I have nightmares and feel something like a presence)
I recorded it on my Ipod. On the beginning you can hear me pressing a button, I was turning off my lamp, you may hear me breathing and also some constant voice from a radio station in the background.
Aside that, I think I hear a different voice after the button(3s to 5s). This was last year. (You need to crank the volume a bit but be careful with the other noises that may hurt your ears 'cause they're louder)
www dot filedropper dot com/ memo
So today I was just checking my files and decided to try to clean the noise on Audacity so I spotted some more voices at 10s and 21s.
Here's the edited version www dot filedropper dot com/ memoedited
There also some car horn and birds noise. File says it was 2am.

So do you hear anything? I'd rather not say what I listen to not influence anybody.

PS: It seems I can't post urls yet so I didn't make it clickable, but please hear the files. I've posted this same content on another forum and someone said he/she couldn't hear anything, so maybe there's nothing but noise, but I'd appreciate if you could take a time to listen it. Thanks in advance.
Old 20-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a "Newbie" you can not yet post URL Links when the period ends then you will have full access.

With EVP many times what one gets is what the "brain wants to hear" in the White Noise. I was not able to get the links to open. As a Medium I do a lot of work with such EVP's and photos ext. I will look for the link when you status becomes full member and give feedback then.

Remind me if I forget to look please.

Lynn
Old 21-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Kotori

I wasn't able to open your link. It may be difficult to judge if what you captured was indeed an EVP or not with the other noise in the background such as a radio playing. You should also note on the recording all sounds that are made by you.

When people first start recording, they are unaware of all the sounds that a recorder can capture and amplify and it often leads them to believe they caught an EVP when what they are hearing is just audio pareidolia.

I have listened to clips where people have actually captured the sound of their computer fan, and they thought they had an EVP. So yes, as Lynn said, some people hear what they want in static, but for others, who are more experienced at recording and listening to EVPs, there are indeed voices in the static that others people don't catch when giving someone's posted recording a brief listen. It happens all the time! So don't be discourage if you have an interest in recording EVPs.

If the thought of capturing an EVP scared you, I would suggest you stop recording. Continuing to record could encourage activity in your home. If you are interested in recording EVPs, there are other sites on the web that will let you post your EVPs and some people with years of experience recording, listening to, and editing EVPs will give your recordings a listen and an honest opinion. But remember, it's best to record without radio voices on in the background.
Old 22-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Experiencer
It didn't really scared me but I thought it was weird that at first when I recorded it I heard just a word.
Then yesterday after trying to reduce the noise on Audacity I think I hear 2 more voices and maybe an odd laugh.

Also I read here on this forum that we should slow it down to listen more clearly. Turns out the word I heard may be a complete different one.

The thing is the radio voice keeps in a constant volume and pace and the "voices" sound closer. But thanks for your advice. Is there any particular EVP website you recommend, Kotori?

I'm aware of pareidolia so that's why I posted here to seek your opinions. I glad I found this forum 'cause there's a lot of things that I'm curious about, like spiritual guides, I've been reading posts about it here. :) Thanks, Lynn.

I've found a new place to host the files.

app dot box dot com / s / 87ctvooys7kl6kt5f6ru

app dot box dot com / s / 9sezplgcpro5e57vjm63

To try to access it you should replace "dot" with a . and remove all spaces. First is the original file and last one the edited version.
But I'm okay with it, I'm going to wait until I can add the urls. Can I just edit this post later?
Old 22-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Hello

Just add URL's when that access comes in. For some reason my Anti Virus won't let me open the files. I guess LOL even I have to wait along with you.

Lynn
Old 28-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Experiencer
Original file https://app.box.com/s/87ctvooys7kl6kt5f6ru

Edited on Audacity https://app.box.com/s/9sezplgcpro5e57vjm63

I think you can just press play (instead of downloading it). I saw this website in another post about EVP here and I think this server/host is safe.

As I said I tried to use Audacity noise removal tool, but I'm not skilled on it. Apparently it made the "voices" easier to listen. But I wish I would know more about the right tool parameters.

So it's basically me pressing a button, voice, then some car horn, 2 voices (a normal one and a whispering one), then the constant radio voice(more distant), then something like a mocking laugh, then a louder noise, probably me trying to stop recording.

I marked it red to warn you to be careful while listening to it, to listen to the "voices" you need to increase the volume considerably but that parts might hurt your ears and I'm certainly don't want that. ;)

I'm not saying anything about what I think I hear 'cause I have the impression once someone says something our brain start trying to perceive the same.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

Sorry to take so long to reply. Life has been mental busy of late.

I had to get the house so that it was silent so that I could hear what was there. Not an easy feet to do.

The voice that I heard the most clearly said "who are you or how are you" and that set off the shivers of contact. The radio type voice at times can be things like a baby monitor even if its not in your home....that piggy backs off other signals. The car horn is outside in the background and again that sound can travel quite a distance.

There is the start or turn on of the device then the turning it off.

Lynn
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
Around 4s, I heard (when I first recorded it) something that sounds like "hence" since it can mean "begone! away" I didn't record anything after that(even though that voice doesn't sound aggressive) for months.
So as I found the file on my computer I decided to take a closer look on it. Someone said on this forum to slow down and even revert the recordings.
So slowed down it sounds like "Rendam-se" which means "Surrender" (plural verb) in Portuguese.

At 10s, I thought I heard "don't you see" and some whispering voice right after. But I just noticed that after trying to remove the noise, now even on the original file I can perceive it, but not as evident.
By the way, there was really a radio in another closed room of my home. That's why it's on background.

I can't hear "who are you or how are you" anywhere.
Don't worry, I thank you for taking your time to listen to it.

After posting here I tried to record again and spotted some different voice. I just asked someone from my household to listen to it and tell me what she heard. I didn't tell what it "was" and she assumed it was just a bad/old recording. She heard a voice, but whatever she understood was completely different from what I thought I heard. So she asked what it was anyway, and when I said it was recorded here, an evp, she got a little scared.

What I hear in this new recording I believe it's in Portuguese so it would be pointless to post here, unless someone here understands it. I'll try to get more people to listen to it and if people keep getting completely different results I will just conclude it's pareidolia.

Odd thing is that by the end of this recent recording* I hear an whispering voice saying something like "Just like magic I can dream" and I googled it and it led me to a song I've never heard before that says: When the end of line comes and there's nowhere to go, just like magic life give me dreams to follow. The perpertual learning is the end in itself.

I'm not a fan of the singer/composer of this song(in fact I find his voice annoying) but I came across some talk on the web that he belong to some fraternity and also he's into theosophy, his last album is even called, "as it was said by Blavastky".

*Not that one I posted here.