Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
it would be very Interesting to hear what spirit's have to say about this, i dont think ive seen a channelled message talk about this yet.
i think any sort of nature spirit's will just flee quickly if you blast out metal or rock music but i think they would appreciate easier listening music like folk or just instrumental solos with acoustic guitar or the flute or oboe etc.. out in the forest.
I have some children in Spirit who are always with me that would say the people who are doing the musical low vibration bit are talking out their backsides. I'd agree with them but say it's snobbery more than anything else. If loud rock music makes you want to stand up and play air guitar then indulge the Child Inside, don't be an adult who's forgotten about the joys of playing in the puddles.

If you listen to nature's sounds there's always a range of frequencies going on. I live by the shore where the wind is always blowing and I'm never too far from a seagull or other bird. The waves make a deep rumbling as they travel to the shore, only to reach a high-pitched crescendo as they crash crash out and disperse themselves. It seems that they are the rhythm section. The wind blows in my ears and I feel its deep vibrations not just in my ears but deep down. It has power. The seagulls soar high and with that their high-pitched screeches come down from the heavens almost.

The curious thing is that those who discard 'low vibrations' in favour of 'high vibrations' are usually those that have a very narrow band of perception. Sometimes it's plain snobbery in different clothing.

The musical scale is based on Fibonacci's Sequence and the Platonic Solids and today's music is out of harmony with those sequences. What is known as Verdi's A was originally based on 432Hz which is in harmony. Just before WWII the Nazi party went to the world standards authority changed it to 440Hz. At the time it was argued that the ear couldn't differentiate between the two frequencies - which is true, but perceptibly they are very different. 432Hz is harmonious while 440Hz is more aggressive, which was part of the Nazi Party's plan as a mind control technique.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWDWXkVoOs

Quote:
how do you feel at here?
I feel love, baby. I'm making no excuses because I find this brilliant on a dozen different levels -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vBKI3ya-l0
Old 23-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The musical scale is based on Fibonacci's Sequence and the Platonic Solids and today's music is out of harmony with those sequences. What is known as Verdi's A was originally based on 432Hz which is in harmony. Just before WWII the Nazi party went to the world standards authority changed it to 440Hz. At the time it was argued that the ear couldn't differentiate between the two frequencies - which is true, but perceptibly they are very different. 432Hz is harmonious while 440Hz is more aggressive, which was part of the Nazi Party's plan as a mind control technique.
I think you'll find the history behind concert A4=440Hz slightly more complicated than that. A4 is customarily sounded by the oboe for an orchestra because it's impossible to adjust the tuning of an oboe without wrecking the scale completely, the constructional compromises make it so. So some standard was needed. In France it had long been 435Hz. The A=440Hz was set up in Germany about the middle of the 19th Century.

I doubt its acceptance was anything to do with Nazis. I mean, Germany and Austria were and still are acknowledged as the centres of Art music in the world at that time - they had the big orchestras, composers and so on. So it was important to manufacture non-tunable instruments that were consistent. Strings and some other instruments were fine - just twist the pegs a bit more one way or the other. Pianos are more difficult. Wind instruments are always a compromise - their base frequency can't be adjusted without making things worse. Anyway, it got internationally agreed....which doesn't mean everyone now uses it nor that the Brown Shirts forced it on everyone.

As for low vibrations, people who like thudding basses should understand that the rhythmic force underpinning what would otherwise be bland and ultra-conservative music gives very low vibration. I think the deepest note of the bass guitar is E1 which is about 42Hz. I dare say drums that have a complex frequency pattern go deeper.

I have played an organ with 32ft pipes with the lowest note at around 16Hz. Can't be heard but is felt right up through the body. Quite something, I can tell you!

If I tend to avoid metal that's because like all popular music it's too conservative, just fiercely so. Low vibrations do have a visceral effect when pounded out and I've supposed that's why it's enjoyed by others.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Master
Yes, music is awful and Satanic. When I stopped listening to music all the demons left me. Doh!

It's an interesting question, because it actually does make some sense that ''spirituality'' could lead to an anti-music belief! Think of it.. many spiritual traditions teach the doctrine of eternity.. of being in an eternal, changeless state of being.. be it enlightenment or an eternal heaven. It indicates a static reality, and not one of change and movement and form, which is what music is. Music is creativity and therefore not part of a static reality...
Old 23-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I think you'll find the history behind concert A4=440Hz slightly more complicated than that. A4 is customarily sounded by the oboe for an orchestra because it's impossible to adjust the tuning of an oboe without wrecking the scale completely, the constructional compromises make it so. So some standard was needed. In France it had long been 435Hz. The A=440Hz was set up in Germany about the middle of the 19th Century.

I doubt its acceptance was anything to do with Nazis. I mean, Germany and Austria were and still are acknowledged as the centres of Art music in the world at that time - they had the big orchestras, composers and so on. So it was important to manufacture non-tunable instruments that were consistent. Strings and some other instruments were fine - just twist the pegs a bit more one way or the other. Pianos are more difficult. Wind instruments are always a compromise - their base frequency can't be adjusted without making things worse. Anyway, it got internationally agreed....which doesn't mean everyone now uses it nor that the Brown Shirts forced it on everyone.

As for low vibrations, people who like thudding basses should understand that the rhythmic force underpinning what would otherwise be bland and ultra-conservative music gives very low vibration. I think the deepest note of the bass guitar is E1 which is about 42Hz. I dare say drums that have a complex frequency pattern go deeper.

I have played an organ with 32ft pipes with the lowest note at around 16Hz. Can't be heard but is felt right up through the body. Quite something, I can tell you!

If I tend to avoid metal that's because like all popular music it's too conservative, just fiercely so. Low vibrations do have a visceral effect when pounded out and I've supposed that's why it's enjoyed by others.
I didn't see there being much point in going into a long-winded essay about this subject because I doubted few would spend any real time reading through it. The information I took from a YouTube quite a time ago and I don't have the link, but in one it says much the same as you do, that the frequency was originally 432Hz according to Plato's scale. Later on it was changed to 440 to 'accommodate' the oboe, but at this time is was a general acceptance. It's documented that just prior to WWII the Nazi party went to the British Standards Authority to have it officially changed to 440Hz, the official reason being to bring the scale into line with the oboe. The unofficial line is that because it had came from Goebbels, it was part of the propaganda and eugenics machine. This happened in 1939 although there were instances where 440Hz had been standardised by official bodies prior to that. As to whether the Brown Shirts forced on everyone or not, they did have the international standards changed and everyone followed suit after that. Spiritual people do much the same thing. It's only fairly recently that the ancient Solfreggio tones and 432Hz music is becoming more popular.

One of the things I enjoy about rock music is the range of frequencies that the various instruments and the human voice can produce. A set of drums alone can produce very low frequencies from the kick drum that have been shown to have an impact on the internal organs, all the way up top the high hats which are very high frequencies. Being able to physically feel the low-vibration rhythms is what I and many others certainly find appealing. While the bass guitar produces low frequencies guitars have quite a range and are very expressive, and even a three-piece band can produce a very wide range of frequencies and sounds.

Given a decent live rock band and an equally decent sound engineer, a diverse sound stage can be developed whereby the music can acoustically 'spread out' not just stereo-ways but also in where we perceive frequencies as coming from. Low frequencies of the drum and base always perceptibly come from centre sound-stage, then higher frequencies apparently coming from above the band and with left or right stereo bias, while the voice can sit in the centre with its frequencies cutting across those of some of the lowest musical frequencies. The lowest sub-bass frequencies are often felt rather than heard and that can add another 'dimension' of perceptual experience. It's a shame that the metaphors are lost because of the narratives.

One of my favourite artists is Joe Satriani, certainly up there with the guitar greats, and much of his music evokes imagery or emotions when I immerse myself in it. What most detractors don't understand is that there's far more to rock music than rock music.
Old 23-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Master
Hello,

Music can be very inspirational and can be used to bring up ones energy or calm the mind.

Like "spirituality", music has a broad spectrum in which one can be drawn to. What one is drawn to may depend upon what one has been raised up listening to and thus familiar with.

May also be what another person has turned one onto to.

Music have those who may be considered "masters". Mozart, Beethoven, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Bob Marley,and on and on. Those in which have inspired and may still inspire others to create thier own music. They may inspire one to listen to other groups, musicians, composers and expand ones musical taste and/experience.

Many musician learn the basics first. How the chosen instrument works, the notes that can be created, how a song may go together. Some are traditional and well schooled. While others freestyle and form new ways to use the instrument chosen or in music styles. Some mix and match.

Some musical styles follow a basic form and set style, established and created by another in which a new class of music is created. Blues into rock-n-roll, into hard rock and Metal (for example)

Spirituality seem to follow a similar pattern in some ways.

They are those established as masters. Practices and teaching form around what these masters spoke of. They are established practices and faith based beliefs. There are some who follow tradition, while others find there own ways.
Some mix it up creating new ways and practices.

Both music and spirituality express in a way our creative abilities to express our selves and share in our joys and sorrows.

Both can be experienced alone or in a group.

I see in music is that all are welcomed to enjoy it. Yes, there are sub groups formed who group up in union with thier favorite musical style.
So it seems can occur with in spirituality.

Whether it be chanting, drum circle, or just singing in the shower, music can be healing and uplifting. Isn't this also what spirituality suppose to be?

If music is not considered spiritual, then why is it used in whorship, celebrations, and other "spiritual" events?
Old 23-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Knower
i was just wondering is there a genre that gives you that epic feeling with speed and guitar solos and fantasy? it's inspired by what ive heard from game music like star ocean or final fantasy etc, is there a metal genre that can deliver this? to be fair im not really a fan of the growling or screaming or shrieking lyrics. i would prefer cleaner lyrics and an epic sort of heroic battle kind of background music with impressive guitar solo to blow you away. any examples?
Old 23-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
i was just wondering is there a genre that gives you that epic feeling with speed and guitar solos and fantasy? it's inspired by what ive heard from game music like star ocean or final fantasy etc, is there a metal genre that can deliver this? to be fair im not really a fan of the growling or screaming or shrieking lyrics. i would prefer cleaner lyrics and an epic sort of heroic battle kind of background music with impressive guitar solo to blow you away. any examples?
I also love music from fantasy games.. Elder Scrolls and Witcher in particular. Much of it is peaceful and imaginative. Nothing I recall with guitars though..

Bits of growling and screaming in music can be energetic in the right context. I love listening to God Module or In Flames when exercising..
Old 23-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Knower
it's funny this i was typing stuff at search and it came up with christian metal and i thought back to where the pastor on tv said throw rock music out the window its evil. but if you notice the way the pastor's act and shout out and say ahh yeah tye enemy defeated and all that, isn't it the same idea as what christian metal is trying to achieve a more warrior sort of take on it but yet i dont think the church would allow that in. there's something not right here lol i keep getting the thought of church narrow minded and it's like the youth of today are bored and want creativity.
Old 23-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Knower
i like that skyrim song the one about dragonborn comes, i see there's many metal covers of that on youtube.
i think the style im after is power metal, ive yet now to search the bands and listen to the tracks on that genre.
Old 23-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Knower

I think a person has to decide if the music speaks to their soul or not. Then again what is uplifting to one may not be to another. Perhaps music shows us what is being accepted as being okay within ourselves. Do we really listen to the message in the music? Does the message coincide with our beliefs?