Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-04-2019, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

In (my) eyes, the path of enlightenment and meditation is more than open to every single person on this planet - and it is through whatever practices and spiritual traditions that they are able to supplicate their lives with this inner blessing. I personally think that one of the great blessings would be to find genuinely realized people (not of siddhis or magical powers or anything like that) - but of the ultimate Divinity and Universal Truth - where everything is sourced from and lives within.

Namaste,

JL
I think in the context of Hinduism it depends on what you’re after. Do you believe that this ultimate divinity is ‘person’ or not..?

The practices are said to matter a lot, as is what one focusses upon in meditation, i.e. the Self, a personal god, goddess, or nothingness..?
Old 26-04-2019, 05:14 PM
janielee

Love .//////
Old 16-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Are you fine ?

Love you .
Old 17-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Are you fine ?

Love you .
Thank you my dear for asking.

I am fine, had quite a few ups and downs, but overall, doing well. What about you? Love you too.
Old 17-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I am very fine.
Old 17-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Greetings and salutations.

I find myself currently staying with my brother for two weeks to help care for my ailing mother...she requires round the clock care...and I scored the 5am to Midday shift.

Problem is, it is school holidays over here and my brother has two teenage children...X box and popcorn with soda at like 2am...and I am in the room next to the kitchen...and then, they invite all their friends for playovers/sleepovers and slumber parties until like 3am with music blaring...My brother has an office in his yard...He sleeps in there...and drinks beer...but wakes up 4-5 times a night to use the toilet inside the house....and I am a very light sleeper. I have no problem getting off to sleep, but once asleep, a fly crawling on the wall will wake me up.

After a few days of this... basically pulling "all nighters" and feeling like something the cat dragged in every day, I decided, last night to meditate between the hours of 1am to 5am...4 hours solid....I am a seasoned practitioner of Raja Yoga...even though I don't practice much anymore and I haven't for 20 years...and meditation is like riding a bicycle...The reason why I stopped... nothing more to achieve.

This morning, I came out of meditation fully awake and alert, like I had 8 hours peaceful sleep.

I just thought I would share...and wonder how long a meditator can go without sleep if they already have an "off switch"?

Is there no way you could have your brother rein in his children and teach them to be respectful of your needs? Meditation will probably get you through but it without real sleep you will start getting a little crazy. I have experienced months of severe sleep deprivation. Maybe you could put up a tent in the back yard or maybe the kids you get some lessons in responsibility and have a curfew. I took care of my dying mother on my own for a year and a half. It is no picnic, and something that already causes lack of sleep so the additional stress of teenagers run amok will break even the most stable caring person if their behaviour is not addressed. No one is doing those kids any favors by letting them run the house even if it is school break.
Blessings on your journey, I hope you can find a way to get at least three hours sleep every 24. We don't always need as much as we think, but we do need some.
Old 29-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Shivani Devi ji

How are you doing? Do you need help with anything?