Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The sutra was about how to achieve that by following his teachings. All your post have been telling people to do your own thing.

Completely different..

You seem to be the only person who tells others how to follow your idea of Buddhism, Buddhism is about finding your own way by reading the Suttras and applying the teachings to your life, everyone interpretes the Suttras in their own way, that is why the Buddha gave us the ' Charter of Self Enquiry ' The words Self and Enquiry are the clues.....

Ashamed of myself not at all, mybe I can help others see it's not wrong to question and it's not wrong to look inside for the answers as the Buddha encourages us to do.

Blind faith is wrong in Buddhism, SELF REALIZATION is correct. Buddha states this many times
Old 05-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Suspended
In Buddha teaching none can be right or wrong unless that don't lead you to your goal by the practices. He didn't tell me a single way to approach the goal doesn't mean that I have get lost somewhere.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
In Buddha teaching none can be right or wrong unless that don't lead you to your goal by the practices. He didn't tell me a single way to approach the goal doesn't mean that I have get lost somewhere.

You are so right Jeremy, Buddha was a very wise man and understood that his teachings would be interpreted differently by others, according to their ability, that is why self realization is important in Buddhism and blind faith isn't.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Suspended
Sky,

Sky,

Buddha did aid me to realize more perfectly with the spiritual realm and facing them. I think that help me a lot otherwise which may let me going in the wrong perception about numerous incidents.

As you said blind faith or direction may lead you nowhere.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You seem to be the only person who tells others how to follow your idea of Buddhism, Buddhism is about finding your own way by reading the Suttras and applying the teachings to your life, everyone interpretes the Suttras in their own way, that is why the Buddha gave us the ' Charter of Self Enquiry ' The words Self and Enquiry are the clues.....

Ashamed of myself not at all, mybe I can help others see it's not wrong to question and it's not wrong to look inside for the answers as the Buddha encourages us to do.

Blind faith is wrong in Buddhism, SELF REALIZATION is correct. Buddha states this many times

I am not telling anyone how to follow my idea of Buddhism.

I am not a Buddhist.

Yet I talk to enough Learned Buddhist to know what Buddhism is and isn't.

You are promoting a new age Buddhism. A form of Buddhism that is anti teacher and anti authority.

The Buddha talked over and over again about the importance of a teacher. That is why every single tradition in Buddhism is teacher based.

If you want to tell someone to do whatever is right for them maybe even check to see what they are doing and is it a method taught within Buddhism.

Big difference between your view of going it alone and testing out tried and true methods.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You are so right Jeremy, Buddha was a very wise man and understood that his teachings would be interpreted differently by others, according to their ability, that is why self realization is important in Buddhism and blind faith isn't.

Yes the Buddha was wise and realized many would come to wrong conclusions which his why he talked about learning from Noble Ones aka teachers who know ...

Because one can get lost or think they have arrived when they haven't.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Suspended
Joneboy,

I think you are going back to the django's thread with the discussion two days ago. We do or must learn the knowledge of the basic idea of Buddhism but it may appear differently on our conceptive ways and to derive an alteration. So changes is everywhere in the teaching of different teachers, just not to be( ever) led by evil alien beast.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I am not telling anyone how to follow my idea of Buddhism.

I am not a Buddhist.

Yet I talk to enough Learned Buddhist to know what Buddhism is and isn't.

You are promoting a new age Buddhism. A form of Buddhism that is anti teacher and anti authority.

The Buddha talked over and over again about the importance of a teacher. That is why every single tradition in Buddhism is teacher based.

If you want to tell someone to do whatever is right for them maybe even check to see what they are doing and is it a method taught within Buddhism.

Big difference between your view of going it alone and testing out tried and true methods.

Did your learned Buddhist friends teach you that Taoism is another school of Buddhism

Been to Sanghas, been to Temples, been taught meditation etc: from Buddhist Monks/Nuns, have a friend who is a Nun, it's so much better to go it alone, work things out for yourself. As I have said before, some need aTeacher for life, some need a Teacher now and again, some don't, it depends on each individuals level of understanding.
BTW there is no such thing as new age Buddhism, ask your friends.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes the Buddha was wise and realized many would come to wrong conclusions which his why he talked about learning from Noble Ones aka teachers who know ...

Because one can get lost or think they have arrived when they haven't.

When you have arrived you will know it..... teachers only give you their understanding, Buddha taught in the ' Charter of Self Enquiry ' about finding your own way
SELF.....ENQUIRY.
The Carter was written by the Buddha, I think he knew what he was doing so I will follow him.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Why does one require to be ashamed when sharing?
As Jones mentioned, spread false Dharma is very bad karma especially lead someone to the wrong path or wrong understanding.
Here an example,
Buddhism only teach 2 type of meditation, samantha and vipassana. Samantha is also known as samadhi. And the main core of Buddhism meditation is vipassana.
In mahasatipanna sutta explain everything from how to meditate to the obstacle in meditation. We can't just says "whatever works for you is the right way".

@Jones
Let them use Buddha words to against Buddha teaching for their own justification. Do what you have to do, the rest up to them.