Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
pinkviolet

Book1 What exactly is a Faerie?

I'm not sure if I spelled this right, but what exactly is a faerie? I am intrigued, I"ve read some of the posts here, but I can't grasp it. What are their functions?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Master
an expression of the Fae energy.

and if we ask, what is the Fae energy?

I would say, the Fae energy holds in balance all that is physical.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:53 AM
dogninja

I met one once. All informational telepaths. They are/manage cohesion in nature it appears.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Master
Forget the "supernatural" bit, they are of this world, part of the energy of this world which, sometimes, manifests. Maybe a little piece of Mother Earth/Gaia herself.
It is possible that manifestations are becoming more and more common.
Have a look in http://fairytastic.ning.com/
Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkviolet
I'm not sure if I spelled this right, but what exactly is a faerie? I am intrigued, I"ve read some of the posts here, but I can't grasp it. What are their functions?
Fairies are a type of being some would call 'land' or 'nature' spirits. Fairies are distinctly Celtic in origin and have a wealth of folklore surrounding them and how people treated them - which usually contradicts the common conception of fairies in popular culture.
Old 17-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Fairies are a type of being some would call 'land' or 'nature' spirits. Fairies are distinctly Celtic in origin and have a wealth of folklore surrounding them and how people treated them - which usually contradicts the common conception of fairies in popular culture.

Actually there are similar beings in many different folklore from around the world, so it is not just a Celtic phenonem. They are called by different names and have different appearances, but basically serve the same purpose.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Actually there are similar beings in many different folklore from around the world, so it is not just a Celtic phenonem. They are called by different names and have different appearances, but basically serve the same purpose.
In some ways yes. Except the Celtic fairies did not serve the type of purpose that many people think. They are also distinguished from other types of land spirits because they behave very differently than other types. I suppose one can call other land spirits "fairies" but it leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

You can only call something a name for so long when you drastically change the thing in question. Maybe reformed fairies would be a better title for popular fairies? Hehe
Old 07-02-2011, 04:27 AM
windwhistle

I've never seen one. I think most people wish there were fairies but I doubt anyone in our time has seen one.
Old 19-03-2011, 10:25 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I've never seen one. I think most people wish there were fairies but I doubt anyone in our time has seen one.

We have 'em here at our house. I see brief (quick and gone) dots of colored light and in my darkened bedroom when I wake up from a nap, I see energy outline sometimes tinged with color of a little head, body and wings fluttering near the ceiling. They talk to my daughter. We used to have them around all the time, but now my daughter is older and doesn't talk to them much, they just flit in, maybe play with the cats and flit out.

I wish I could tune into their energy more and actually see a more solid form but I can't yet.
Old 28-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle

Never say never-- you may see one some day. I actually prayed God would allow me to meet one if they exist and then on 5/31/08--early that morning I saw one resting in my hair- face to face. She did not look like Tinkerbelle or how I imagined Faeries should look like- but I understand that there are so many kinds of these Beings so who am I to say.

She was very delicate and thin-- her face was beautiful-- but yet did not look human. She had large oval wide-set eyes that tilted up and were totally dark chocolate brown --(no irises, they were all brown) and she had soft light cocoa brown skin, a high forehead and high cheekbones, a delicate nose, lips and chin. It appeared as though if she had hair, that it was pulled up off of her head, and she looked very regal-- as though she was someone of position with her People.

She never said a word, but I stared at her in shock for like 2 minutes. We had a family crisis that weekend, and she was actually looking at me while resting in my hair with total empathy- as though she was feeling my emotional pain with me- sharing it. Her face was totally peaceful and calm. After me gawking at her for several seconds, she realized I could see her and seemed a bit shy -- I dont think they generally like calling attention to themselves and are not used to us humans seeing them off guard .

All I know was , I will never forget her face, and have never seen another faery like that since that time. After I saw her, I scoured the internet and Barnes & Noble for books and anything anyone saw similar. Brian Froud really seems to have tapped into these Beings, --I noticed his depiction of the Pixies is very close to the beautiful Being I saw, only she was not as wiry looking, and had a humility about her as well as royalty.

I have seen flying lights zoom about which I knew were not fireflies since then- and I have felt their presence and have seen them direct animals --even butterflies and dragonflies to show me different things, but I have not seen one so clearly as that since that day- which I believe was something special God permitted for me-- opening a part of the "veil" so I could see we humans are not the only ones on this planet.