Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Pathfinder

Struggling with bible prophecy

I want the bible to not be the word of god, but its getting harder for me to believe that it isnt because alot of bible prophecies have seemingly come to pass, does anybody have rational explanations as to why so many prophecies have seemingly come true?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Pathfinder

Please help me im confused frustrated and scared
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Pathfinder

Here is a list of all the bible prophecies i have found to come true

1. The jews would be scattered among the nations (deutoronomy 28)

2. The jews would return (Ezekiel 34:13)

3. An anointed one would be killed followed by the destruction of jerusalem and the temple (daniel 9)

4. Zion would be plowed like field (Micah 3)

5. The jews would defeat the edomites (ezekiel 25)
Old 04-11-2019, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Here is a list of all the bible prophecies i have found to come true

1. The jews would be scattered among the nations (deutoronomy 28)

2. The jews would return (Ezekiel 34:13)

3. An anointed one would be killed followed by the destruction of jerusalem and the temple (daniel 9)

4. Zion would be plowed like field (Micah 3)

5. The jews would defeat the edomites (ezekiel 25)

All known ancient cultures had prophets who delivered so called ' prophecies ', some will happen, some won't.
You have highlighted five and there will be thousands that will never happen so I wouldn't waste your energy worrying about things that you personally cannot alter.
Everything is cause and effect, prophecies are just part of it and nothing magical nor mysterious.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Master

To be honest, Nostradamus's prophecies seem far more precise and prescient than the examples you listed. They are way too vague and can be applied to too many situations.

But, prophecies are real, the only problem is they usually only become clear once the events described in them have come to pass. It is usually a fool's errand to try and decipher them in advance.

Whenever I struggle to understand how a mysterious phenomenon would even be possible, I always turn to science fiction for guidance.

If you haven't heard of it, Star trek Deep Space Nine is a sci-fi series specifically about prophecy and prophets, dealing in religious themes, but trying to explain it in scientific terms. The whole series is worth watching, but this one specific episode, Season 3, Episode 15, Destiny, is really spot-on in terms of trying to explain the role of prophecy in religion.

The below link should work if you copy-paste it into your browser, so you can watch it.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x778m88
Old 04-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
All known ancient cultures had prophets who delivered so called ' prophecies ', some will happen, some won't.
You have highlighted five and there will be thousands that will never happen so I wouldn't waste your energy worrying about things that you personally cannot alter.
Everything is cause and effect, prophecies are just part of it and nothing magical nor mysterious.

Can you give me some examples
Old 04-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Can you give me some examples

I presume you mean examples of cause and effect

Eat to much sugar and your teeth will rot.... Didn't your Parents phrophsies this.

Eat unhealthy food and your health will suffer. Wouldn't a Doctor phrophsies this.

These are just silly phrophsies but you can see what cause and effect means.....
Old 04-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I presume you mean examples of cause and effect

Eat to much sugar and your teeth will rot.... Didn't your Parents phrophsies this.

Eat unhealthy food and your health will suffer. Wouldn't a Doctor phrophsies this.

These are just silly phrophsies but you can see what cause and effect means.....

No I mean some examples of ancient prophecies that have come true
Old 04-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
No I mean some examples of ancient prophecies that have come true

I don't know as I don't take notice of phrophsies, some will come true because of cause and effect others won't because conditions have to be right.
If biblical ones are upsetting you then go to the Christian Section and you might get more help/understanding.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Pathfinder

I dont think they would help me there