Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Master
Who Reincarnates?

As a theory, reincarnation makes a lot of sense. The problem is, it begs the question, "Who reincarnates?"

Thus, when you or I say something like, "In a former life, I was Genghis Khan" . who precisely is speaking?

and if Gengis khan was also the reincarnation of someone else before him and so on and so forth ... who is this one that reincanates in various personalities thru time and end up to be me or you?

Old 23-05-2007, 02:29 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I sense that "reincarnation" is a bit misperceived.. that when we shed the mortal flesh we return to the source.. either as assimilated energies, or.. in the case of a disciplined being, as a cohesive unit of energy maintaining our basic "nature".. then, as the portal is opened through the physical miracle of conception and Life-force energies flow into the new vessel.. these energies contain bits and parts of the source, different elements of memories from the source of ALL memories.. then, as we develop certain capabilities for accessing the source's all-encompassing memory, we find favor and preferences for certain aspects of "past lifes" resident in the Source.. That is when someone assumes that they were this or that in a past life, when.. in fact, they were everyone in their "past-life".. it is a matter of choice and preference as to which we choose to accept as part of our present experience.. how many people choose to be a murdering rapist, a diseased outcast, or an unsavory barbarian? not many! there seems to a contrived romanticism with the personalities we think we were...

In the case of the well-disciplined beings, they can almost return intact, the very best can.. but, that is high discipline that few are capable of.. here we see the unique beings that find identify old possessions, find their old hidden treasures, fill in the missing pieces of old tales.. but, even they are accompanied by other energies with other memories of other "past-lives"... it's really pretty cool.. our ability to move into the source and experience any past experience we choose.. the difficulty is developing this ability in a single life-time..

Be Well...
Old 23-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Guide

Us mortals misperceive reincarnation? Never! lol, just kidding.

Hybrid. i would like to put it this way. All reincarnate but you are none of your reincarnations. Now, what the heck do I mean by that? Simply that gengus Khan was a manifested personality. If yee, your soul choose to experience this world with that personality, then that is great, but you or he is/was not defined by the personality. In other words, you are not hybrid (or whatever your given name is), the flesh you wear is not you? Make sense? Probably not, hee hee.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 23-05-2007, 02:52 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Chadley: nicely put!! the flesh is the vessel of our expression.. of "God's" expression.. we have the eternal and infinite Source to draw from as reference for that expression.. some find favor with Gengis Kahn, others with Cleopatra.. but, surely, we express these aspects of "God" through the current preferences of our fleshy identity.. we allow the ego to make our statement..

Be well..
Old 23-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Guide

Tzu, I knew we could agree on somethin! lol
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 23-05-2007, 03:08 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Chadley.. i imagine that we agree on much more than is evident in our banter.. many humble thanks.. <bows>..

Be well...
Old 23-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Guide

I expected you to say that, and I agree.
Old 23-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Hybrid ~ very interesting post and questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

.............That is when someone assumes that they were this or that in a past life, when.. in fact, they were everyone in their "past-life".. it is a matter of choice and preference as to which we choose to accept as part of our present experience.. ............. there seems to a contrived romanticism with the personalities we think we were...

so a question for you TzuJanLi ~ If one is everyone in their "past life" OR whoever they choose/want to be in a past life~ does this mean one does not exactly have a recollection in their memory of a past life. It is all just imagination ?

and for you Chadley ~
" If yee, your soul choose to experience this world with that personality, then that is great, but you or he is/was not defined by the personality." so then, we are not who we are ? does anyone really know "who" they are or if one doesn't know who, then how can they know their purpose ?

do my questions make any sense, or am I talking in circles ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 23-05-2007, 04:56 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Dream Angel: When you have the ability to access the Source's all-encompassing memory, it is quite real.. the Source, retains every nuance of every thing in exact detail, we can actually Live the life of another, through the exact memories of that being's experiences.. but, that memory is not "who we are".. we may choose to emulate our current actions consistent with our experience of the memories of someone else.. that is to choose to abdicate our own personal creativity, in order to act out a preference.. Personally, i choose to experience life from a fresh new perspective, unencumbered by the prejudices of past experiences..

Be well..
Old 23-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
[i]so then, we are not who we are ? does anyone really know "who" they are or if one doesn't know who, then how can they know their purpose ?

do my questions make any sense, or am I talking in circles ?

these are valid questions, DA. Tzu and I already understand where we are coming from so it makes a lot more sense to us. but, i can see where someone else reading might not have enough information from what we said to "get it". I will try and elaborate. The main point I wanted to make was that we or you, DA, are not defined by your personality when it comes to soul. At soul level, and even at the level of intentionality, personality does not exist. The personality and physical representation you are using/experiencing right now is the vehicle, as Tzu says, by which we experience this world. So, lets say in the last 5 lifetimes you were once a rich man, a poor women, a famous man, a criminal and a scientist over the last 500 years. Well, really, you were none of these people. "They" were all personalities that your soul was using to experience the physical world.

WE are not our body or personality. This is what the spiritual giants of the past and present have always been trying to tell us. In order to discover your true self, in order to see above the illusion of your self and your world, you must recognize that you are soul/god and not body/person/dream angel. I once heard a wise man say that our body's are simply our packages, nothing more. Not only is your soul the present inside, but it is the one who wrapped it.

This is why people fail every time they attempt to create happiness by taking physical or mental action. The trick is to let go of body. You are already a master of your physical senses, which is why most only know how to perceive with these senses only. If you can still your senses, suspend them, you will discover the real you inside. This is why meditation is so valuable. You relax the body, the mind and thought, all the things you use to perceive physical events, by using meditation.

Success only comes when physical and mental action naturally reflect the desire of the soul. This is your purpose, to discover how to live in flesh as the soul lives with god. It is not all or none, rather, the fibers of truth/love/wisdom are slowly woven in your physical reality and as a result your experience in it more and more resembles the expression of soul itself. this is your purpose, to align yourself with your soul so that your actions are automatic reflections of its purity.

So, for example, if you are in a job that does not fulfill you, it might occur to you to send out a dozen resumes for a better one. This may yield some small success, but you would be much better off raising your consciousness to the level of the soul's intention and longing and you will automatically, lots of times unknowingly, start to behave and act in ways that supports the endeavor that truly brings contentment and happiness to you.

Chadley.
Closed Thread