Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Nightmares with Lapis Lazuli

Hello and Greetings all,

I am a recent user of crystals. If someone would be kind enough to shed light on one of the crystals I started using that has caused some bad dreams for three nights. Lapis Lazuli. Two were quite terrifying, and I am sure would be terrifying for anyone else either.

So far I have been impressed and blown away by the effect of Blue Chalcedony and love African Turquoise (a Jasper) as a grounding stone. I will be getting a bunch of Black Tourmaline soon for protection purposes, a primary focus for me as I engage in my spiritual development.

My question is why does the Lapis Lazuli do this? I have tried cleansing the crystals with sea salt water (which I won't do anymore with Lapis Lazuli since it can damage them) for two days, left it in the sun and moon for two days and nights, smudged them in sandalwood incense and now have them in brown rice for 2 days. It is my belief so far that these stones are cursed with energy, and when I first picked them up felt a sense of a "financial" vibe to them. Financial energy is not evil in of itself, but is commonly used for subjugation purposes in the world of ours. Apart from the three nights of bad dreams, I felt better when taking the stones off my body, and felt a pleasant stomach sensation/growl when I placed them in the brown rice which has a powerful cleansing effect. Blue Chalcedony and African Turquoise has been nothing but good for me empirically, and I had high hopes for Lapis Lazuli but and a bit disconcerted.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Guide

It's not a problem with your cleansing methods. However, I would like to add that if your going to use salt water, keep in mind the fact that cleansing itself sometimes serves as a form of programming, which is why I would use the salt water first. By that, I mean that salt is a powerful remover of negativity, but is has a Rajas type of energy, meaning that it's an impure form of energy, which is why you want to use the "pure" methods second, such as the brown rice and the incense smoke. That way, the crystal gets programmed with the pure vibrations last. However, placing Lapis in water can sometimes leach the color. That's happened to me before. Sometimes it's also dyed to make it appear a deeper blue color.

Then again, I've always felt the same way regarding Lapis Lazuli ... it's an "overated" stone. I don't care much for the energy either. Back in the old days, I had pretty good success with Black Tourmaline. However, these days, I prefer Rose Quartz. I also believe that the shape of the crystal is important, which is why I use spheres, as well as my Linga Stones for chakra and organ work.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Knower

Interesting post...I was browsing through the book 'Crystal Energy' by Mary Lambert (bought the book in 'The Works' bookshop a month before xmas) and on the page where it states that Lepidolite can alleviate nightmares it also mentioned three other crystals, the first one being Amethyst, the second Purple Flourite, and the third was Lapis Lazuli!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

You've used pretty much every cleansing method possible, so there isn't really anything else that can be added to that, except maybe sound resonance. Also, if you used an incense stick, you could swap to a leaf / wood incense - 2 common examples being white sage or palo santo. Be aware of the head rush that palo santo can give you though! Once your crystals are cleansed, pick them up, handle them often and keep them close for a few weeks. Your automatic association to the crystals is a bit 'ick' so get used to them slowly and cleanse regularly until your association with them is positive again. Definitely wait a while before you sling them under your pillow. You don't want a negative-association crystal under your pillow, to be fair, keep it out of your bedroom for a while.

You do need to take what the books say with a pinch of salt, they are interesting to read but not wholly accurate - designed to sell.

I used to try using the crystals it said for the various ailments, mostly when I first got in to crystals - I've always been sceptical of the physical healing associations to crystals, but if your mental / energetic health is in good shape your physical body tends to reflect that, so I think of the physical health as a knock-on effect. I would never buy a crystal to 'cure cancer' for example.

Nowadays I tend to buy larger / raw pieces and interesting specimens. Crystals add their own unique energy to a room, but on a healing level I think they are entirely personal and partly work from a colour-healing point of view. I tend to find I'm drawn to certain colours for certain moods and although my brain is slightly programmed to choose crystals based on their corresponding chakra colour I tend to aim a bit off-kilter now and just think about the colours I need to bring myself back in to balance. I also use a colour healing card pack as I feel it is complimentary and helps me to pick out the colours that are missing from my life. I've had more success with them that way and there is less expectation as to what they "should" do.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Lapis Lazuli can be used to open and to balance the third eye chakra.
My guess is that you've experienced some side effects of that process. Maybe you should go slowly with Lapis Lazuli, just 5-10 minutes a day.
The other thing is, more and more of this crystal (actually it is a stone) is man made. Maybe you felt the vibration that is not related to Lapis Lazuli.
Best wishes :)
Old 11-02-2019, 08:05 AM
annylenardo

Lapis Lazuli Energy

What you're experiencing is actually very common. Lapis Lazuli is a third eye chakra stone, which means that it can be used to open and to balance the third eye. It looks like the third eye a bit active right now. You can see the details of lapis lazuli energies here
locolapis.com/pages/lapis-energies
Old 15-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Suspended
Seeker
If you clean your hadns before you eat you will have less nightmares. lapis lazuli is ultimate in precognition