Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Master
Color The elephant in the room.

I wont to bring up a conversation about the elephant in the room we all know it is there.
I do not wont this thread to be closed by the Mods so we must try to discuss with out it getting to heated, that is if any one replies to this thread.
I have pondered for some time now why I find the sight of raw dead flesh so repulsive and the thought of eating it makes me feel sick.
I cant really think about the cruelty that produced that dead flesh to much as it is to much to think about.
But there are others who in a war like fashion will dismiss my way of feeling how come they see the raw dead flesh so differently from me.

Are we more spiritual evolved as in empathy are they interbred with a reptilian lust for blood.
What's going on.
I suppose my main thing is how can peeps see the sight of raw dead flesh so differently.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 12-10-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Master
I'm aware that I can be called a vegetarian judgmental snob but that is the risk I am wiling to take for talking about what I see as the the elephant in the room.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Master
Who cares what anyone calls you.

In the times a person ridicule, or blame on someone else, this person does not have to look at him or herself.
Simply, for me after not eating any animal products for many years, the smell of any flesh puts me off. Its natural I feel, and I make a great bow around a sausage stand.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Master
Angel1

I know this sounds a bit cosmic but I thought about doing a 3 card reading on the elephant in the room but I need some one to post back and say they would like me to do the reading its the way it works .
Old 12-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Who cares what anyone calls you.

In the times a person ridicule, or blame on someone else, this person does not have to look at him or herself.
Simply, for me after not eating any animal products for many years, the smell of any flesh puts me off. Its natural I feel, and I make a great bow around a sausage stand.

He he I love the way you say you make a great bow around the sausage stand.
Old 14-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Master
Color

We are all here to bath in the Sun of awareness.
With the good times and the bad.
But I am always glad not sad for what I may of had.

So now is the time or so they say.
When we will see this new kind of reality.
The shift the change to reaerange time and space and welcome into your own personal space, the new way.
Old 14-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I have pondered for some time now why I find the sight of raw dead flesh so repulsive and the thought of eating it makes me feel sick.
You feel a soul-spirit connection is why. The "elephant" is that until one has experienced this soul-epiphany, it is impossible to understand why and how you could say that, you just sound overly-dramatic otherwise.

People generally think of animals and nature forms as subservient to humans, and in the worst cases something to exploit. Then the human being comes to see animals and nature forms as our wards. Animals and nature forms are in need of humanity's love, empathy and conscious care. They are in essence trapped in humanity's karmic story. They are victims in a sense of our need to incarnate in physical form. And when one comes to understand that, that's when one becomes a vegetarian. Because it's disgusting otherwise. It's as repulsive as the thought of eating another human being; eating an enslaved human being, to be even more exact.

This is the day when the fairy kind [nature]
Sit weeping alone for their hopeless lot...
For the children of clay [human beings] was salvation bought
But not for the forms of sea and air.

This is a snippet from the Walter Scott poem that woke me up in my soul regarding the truth about the human race's spiritual and karmic responsibility to nature. I have weeped tears, several times, reading that poem over the years.
Old 14-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
We are all here to bath in the Sun of awareness.
With the good times and the bad.
But I am always glad not sad for what I may of had.

So now is the time or so they say.
When we will see this new kind of reality.
The shift the change to reaerange time and space and welcome into your own personal space, the new way.

A nice little verse I think what you feel is similar to myself and other people on this forum who know that love and compassion for all living things is the basis of spirituality...the basics. There are plenty of people who do not see it and that is their own place in time in their own life journey.
You asked if that makes you more evolved...in my opinion I would say if you want to go by the reincarnation route I would say someone with the "compassionate towards all life mentality" has been 'around' a lot longer. (although their are lots of theory's on this)
This does not mean that meat eaters are not intelligent...indeed, I know lots of meat eaters who are wiser than I on a variety of daily subjects...yet the true basics of life if you close your eyes and meditate and truly know... they dont get it....yet.
I still blame the media for much human distortion, yet I know that I and many other people see right through it.

Some people may laugh but if you can show kindness and compassion to the smallest of creatures..you are wise.
Old 14-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You feel a soul-spirit connection is why. The "elephant" is that until one has experienced this soul-epiphany, it is impossible to understand why and how you could say that, you just sound overly-dramatic otherwise.

People generally think of animals and nature forms as subservient to humans, and in the worst cases something to exploit. Then the human being comes to see animals and nature forms as our wards. Animals and nature forms are in need of humanity's love, empathy and conscious care. They are in essence trapped in humanity's karmic story. They are victims in a sense of our need to incarnate in physical form. And when one comes to understand that, that's when one becomes a vegetarian. Because it's disgusting otherwise. It's as repulsive as the thought of eating another human being; eating an enslaved human being, to be even more exact.

This is the day when the fairy kind [nature]
Sit weeping alone for their hopeless lot...
For the children of clay [human beings] was salvation bought
But not for the forms of sea and air.

This is a snippet from the Walter Scott poem that woke me up in my soul regarding the truth about the human race's spiritual and karmic responsibility to nature. I have weeped tears, several times, reading that poem over the years.

I think you have a way with words that explain things with clarity Baile.
Also the stanza you shared is moving. (I am a poet).

I have been involved with charities for animal rights for a long time...and a few words have stayed with me that I read on an American animal charity advert.

"Unseen they suffer
Unheard they cry
In agony they linger
In loneliness they die"

I still fill up when I read this...it packs a punch for me...to the point and hard hitting.
Old 14-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Knower
To my fellow friends on the subject. Do you get ridiculed for your belief in daily life?
I often find myself being the voice of the animals in a room full of people who find it funny to make fun of cruelty. I am seen as a "tree hugger" ....but I say let them talk and come at me with their points...I will have a plaster for every sore.