Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:05 AM
SaraTherase SaraTherase is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 650
  SaraTherase's Avatar
Learning to Love

The transformational process of egoism into love is what one may call evolution. To evolve means learning to love.

Developmental stages of love

1. You are insensitive as a transmitter and receiver of love.

2. You are insensitive as a transmitter of love an partly sensitive as a receiver of love.

3. You are partly sensitive as a transmitter of love and sensitive as a receiver of love. In this stage you have developed conditional love.

4. You are highly sensitive as a transmitter of love and highly sensitive as a receiver of love. In this stage you have developed advanced conditional love.

5. You are totally sensitive as a transmitter of love and totally sensitive as a receiver of love. In this stage you have developed unconditional love.

Love is essentially everything. So many aspects and elements of love itself get overshadowed by the tendency to focus our energies upon 'romantic love'. Love is so much more than just romance and its often our experiences with platonic love that really sustain us throughout our journeys. Romantic love of course can be an extremely beautiful experience but how that experience is for one will always be dependant upon our feelings of love for oneself.

By learning to develop unconditional love, you learn to help, understand and respect the people you love rather than indulging them and their egos. Learning the difference between indulging and helping is significant because when you indulge someone, you are actually harming them instead of helping them. By indulging others egoism you are also harming yourself for in doing so you submit your will to the egoism of another person essentially losing your freedom.

Happiness is attained through the experience of unconditional love through free will choices. Love is a harmonizing and revitalizing force and without it there is no happiness, wisdom or evolution.
__________________
With open heart and mind, expansive and aligned; we are love.

Last edited by SaraTherase : 08-02-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Sister Moon Sister Moon is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Multi-dimensional
Posts: 1,380
  Sister Moon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
Love is so much more than just romance and its often our experiences with platonic love that really sustain us throughout our journeys.

Yes, there is nothing like the deep and abiding love of a friend who truly has your back, and you theirs. :) Caring for one another's health and well being. It's the most beautiful thing in the world.

There's a Scripture along these lines also, which has always appealed to me: John 15:3 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Eternal love. :)
__________________
https://youtu.be/a1zHLDHXhY0
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2019, 05:05 AM
squadus squadus is offline
Newbie ;)
Seeker
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 26
 
Love is loving oneself and being able to translate that for others.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 13,273
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Yes, it was here in 2011, from a thread that I learned about asking for Divine Love.
Not the human type of love you're right.

:) Very humbling experience...just in the asking and the allowing...took awhile...
not from the Divine, but on my end...hahaha...it is a whole different way to live,
to look at things, to think...expanding the awareness to 'What Is'...it involves a mind shift...
the ego fights it with tricks like distract one from the Goal.
It takes deliberate, intentional, steadfast effort.
This is not a path to practice once a month to experience this soul love, Divine Love
this unconditional love.


As CS Lewis said, paraphrased ...If you want 'this' (love, power, peace)...you must go to where it is...
it is a fountain at the center of reality...
those that get near get wet...those that do not remain dry...
__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Sister Moon Sister Moon is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Multi-dimensional
Posts: 1,380
  Sister Moon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
it is a fountain at the center of reality...
those that get near get wet...those that do not remain dry...

That is a good way of putting it, a fountain at the center of reality.
__________________
https://youtu.be/a1zHLDHXhY0
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Today, 05:26 AM
SaraTherase SaraTherase is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 650
  SaraTherase's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
Yes, there is nothing like the deep and abiding love of a friend who truly has your back, and you theirs. :) Caring for one another's health and well being. It's the most beautiful thing in the world.


I have encounter maybe one or two unique connections where these sentiments have been mutually shared and it is the bread of life for any soul as our need as a people to connect, belong and be understood is essential to our ability to function and grow. Thanks for sharing
__________________
With open heart and mind, expansive and aligned; we are love.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Today, 05:28 AM
SaraTherase SaraTherase is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 650
  SaraTherase's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadus
Love is loving oneself and being able to translate that for others.

So true but for many myself included learning to self love can be a lifelong journey
__________________
With open heart and mind, expansive and aligned; we are love.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Today, 05:31 AM
SaraTherase SaraTherase is offline
Guide
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 650
  SaraTherase's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, it was here in 2011, from a thread that I learned about asking for Divine Love.
Not the human type of love you're right.

:) Very humbling experience...just in the asking and the allowing...took awhile...
not from the Divine, but on my end...hahaha...it is a whole different way to live,
to look at things, to think...expanding the awareness to 'What Is'...it involves a mind shift...
the ego fights it with tricks like distract one from the Goal.
It takes deliberate, intentional, steadfast effort.
This is not a path to practice once a month to experience this soul love, Divine Love
this unconditional love.


As CS Lewis said, paraphrased ...If you want 'this' (love, power, peace)...you must go to where it is...
it is a fountain at the center of reality...
those that get near get wet...those that do not remain dry...

Yes! Humbling and evoking of so much awareness and appreciation for everything, the realisation that all experiences and realities; every duality eventually leads to an opportunity to enter or experience love whether shared or self realized.

Thank you for your contribution
__________________
With open heart and mind, expansive and aligned; we are love.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums