Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
hi, i was just watching some more of those testimonies to see if i could try see what happened, it seems most were drawn to it around 2011 where is was very popular on facebook in the groups, lots of promises being made and high hopes and all that. i noticed from the videos, they talk about gradually becoming isolated and friendless and losing their job and their motivation and then depression with aniexy

I think that what is quoted above supports what was said earlier regarding finding balance and living the rich experience of human culture from a spiritual perspective.

My personal view (and perhaps it shows my age) is that online interest groups tend to bring about coversation based around the shared interest without really going beyond that. Whereas when meeting an interest group in person, people are more likely to ask about other aspects of a persons life. For some (depending on where they live) it can be difficult to find face to face new age groups to go to, whereas churches and the christian community is much easier to find.
Old 14-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Knower
im open minded and try to see it from both sides, i mean im friendly with people from all paths and beliefs. but i think lately it's starting to give me a headache lol think ill go in recovery mode for a bit. i see the lightworker thing is still active with channelled messages for people for this february, i used to love reading and listening to them for any advices or points of intrest. there's one saying about everything is the way its supposed to be, so it's like no matter what your level of experience is apparently everything is fine. wether you trust that or not though.
Old 15-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Master
What an interesting topic and many great comments!!

I think there can be so many reasons why people ignore or start to ignore spirituality. First of all, I strongly believe in practice and discipline, doing any type of spiritual practice regularly and having that continued thirst for more discovery. Without this discipline it becomes very easy to ignore spirituality. Having a ''spiritual experience'' and/or reading a lot of books is not a very sustainable path in my experience, you gotta put it to practice and make it part of your routine..

I don't think there's anything wrong with losing interest though, or having no interest in it to begin with. Life itself is much bigger than spirituality and whatever 'heaven' you experience and feel does not make this reality redundant nor is everything supposed to grovel before a God or a conceptual 'Force'. It is all your choice and humans can be happy and healthy without it.
Old 15-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
i feel awful at the moment like the balance isn't right.
im on a journey to discovering the bigger picture but this has made me think has it all started to die down now or will it pick up again. care to share your views at here, thanks.
I thing your first sentence says it all - the balance isn't right. If there is a need for a balance, what does that tell you? Does it tell you that there is Spirituality, there is mundane and never the twain shall meet? Does it tell you that Spiritual people see their Spirituality and their 'real Lives' as separate and they're really, really bad at multi-tasking?

What is your definition of Spiritual development and how different is it to religion when you practice your Spiritual development religiously?

To be honest I'm quite comfortable with it all falling apart, there's a nice cycle that has been turning since the dawning of Spirituality where there's a build-up of a critical mass which then becomes an entropic system - which is happening now. Spirituality - or at least the mainstream definition - is breaking and there's only one way to fix it, but the only way to fix it would make it a religion. Cute, I love that thought.

There comes a time when Spirituality loses its substance, when it's seen as a distraction away from the mundane or as a way to find answers but there comes a time when ideologies and theologies simply don't cut it. Regardless of how much we reinforce the Universal Law of Karma and take comfort from those negative energies going around to those who trespass against us, all it's doing is burying the victim mentality and need for revenge that still remains.

I think that Doreen Virtue's testimony is indicative of how current Spirituality is going. The so-called New Age wasn't new, it began to encapsulate religions than the Christianity that was prevalent. To some purists those ancient religions have been usurped and/or corrupted. In time even slight differences in interpretation - accidental or deliberate - become Absolute Truths. What's also happening at the moment is the movement away from mind-centred Spirituality to heart-centred Spirituality - which is essentially what all this (currently over-hyped) 5D consciousness/Ascension is all about. Jesus taught heart-centred Spirituality, the "Kingdom of God" as he described it is 5D consciousness/Ascension. At the same time though, he wasn't averse to losing his temper if the situation called for it.

I can't help but wonder if Spirituality has come to be a reason to run away from our humanity, or if we're Spiritual because of our humanity.
Old 15-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Che Lazou

Direct experience of another is never 100% possible. We exchange experiences like energy in packets, be they karma, thoughts, words, actions, or light.

Ascension, descenscion, between 0 and 1, all is seen at some level.

Who doubts the unification of points with space ala Descartes;

Perhaps it is good to read Gregory Chaitin?

Choice is a matter of opinion and cheap, why are we here;

Gong
Old 15-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hello NoOne...just a few thoughts.
Do you think this transformation occurs over just one lifetime? And that the pain and suffering are thus contained to that lifetime?

It is a gradual transformation, but I was referring to the Kundalini awakening process in particular, which has a biological component, thus it can only occur in one body and over a single lifetime. There are genetic and karmic predispositions, but it’s really a one-shot deal, I feel.

Quote:
Also, it seems to me that there is individuation of consciousness which is eternal like all consciousness. For individuated consciousness, it simply exists eternally from the moment of individuation within the One. It (we) exists both for the sake of One and for its own sake. And it exists to more fully realise itself, both as One and as itself (ourselves).

Individual consciousness is unlikely to be eternal. Since it separates itself from source and presumably returns to it at a set time, its existence must necessarily be temporally limited in nature. That is, it has a beginning and an end. That can also be said of the Created Universe at large, it has a beginning and end, therefore it is in no way eternal.

Quote:
Thus there is an interesting tension between suffering and growth. In the sense that the more we move the locus of consciousness away from individuation, the less growth can occur through the experience of the individuated consciousness (including the experience of suffering). For this reason, Buddhism's focus on authethic love (as both lovingkindness and equanimity) is true in the deepest and most universal sense. As are the general realisations common to most traditions regarding the illusion of separation and the foundational connection of all things.

But its emphasis on moving the locus of consciousness away from individuation (but not so far as to totally disassociate) is therefore more an occasional means of balancing in one's centre in authentic love. Engaging fully in the moment is often the far more difficult activity, requiring that we be fully present in our body and with our pain and suffering. Living in one's awakened heart centre, with mind in service to heart, requires that ongoing balance of lovingkindness and equanimity. Such that we actively seek and support the highest good of others equally to our own, and our own, equally to that of others.

Peace & blessings
7L

That sounds far too convoluted to me, a problem I have with Buddhist philosophy in general. I tend to live in my Sahasrara, the thousand-petalled Lotus at the top of the head. That is also where Shiva (God) lives. It gives me unending bliss, joy and happiness.
Old 16-02-2019, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
It is a gradual transformation, but I was referring to the Kundalini awakening process in particular, which has a biological component, thus it can only occur in one body and over a single lifetime. There are genetic and karmic predispositions, but it’s really a one-shot deal, I feel.

Individual consciousness is unlikely to be eternal. Since it separates itself from source and presumably returns to it at a set time, its existence must necessarily be temporally limited in nature. That is, it has a beginning and an end. That can also be said of the Created Universe at large, it has a beginning and end, therefore it is in no way eternal.

That sounds far too convoluted to me, a problem I have with Buddhist philosophy in general. I tend to live in my Sahasrara, the thousand-petalled Lotus at the top of the head. That is also where Shiva (God) lives. It gives me unending bliss, joy and happiness.

Someone said to me today, how important it is to wake each day and be grateful but I think when your settled in your being at the joyous level, it’s enough to just be..😉 when your making conscious your true self it’s a practice. When your aware and being all that, it just is. No striving, more am effortless state that is aware and knows.