Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 15-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Knower

Talking What do auras look like?

I was sitting in class, look very intently at my teacher, and I began to see a sort of white, glowing aura emitting from her. It is, however, in the shape of her body, and it followed her as she moved around the classroom. I have semi-poor vision, so I was thinking that this may just be because of the fact that I am near-sighted. However, I looked around the room and nobody else seemed to be emitting any sort of aura.

Did I see an aura? Or was it just a product of my poor vision?

Last edited by Alex-The-Iceman : 15-10-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 15-10-2010, 01:58 AM
sunny shine

This sounds like you saw an aura! but you also said you were not able to see around others, may be your vision was distorted the moment you started focusing on others.
Old 15-10-2010, 08:55 AM
xxSaffronxx

Yes it sounds like the aura to me too.

We have many layers to the Aura - Physical, emotional, mental & spirital to name a few (although I think there are 7 layers in total, but i may be wrong)

If you have ever seen the old Ready Brek advert (the porridge breakfast cereal), the characters used in that advert have a glow around him, thats how a lot of people have described seeing the aura.

weetabix_ready_brekfast.gif

Its only a small pic, but if you click on the picture it will take it to another widow in your browser where it will be larger

Last edited by xxSaffronxx : 15-10-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:49 PM
rus11

I think you are seeing energy. Like you I started to see it around teachers or speakers at the front of the room in college.

Sometimes it will be a whitish light close around the body and other times it is colours expanding further out from the person.

The whitish colour is the closest layer (commonly known as etheric) to the body that you will see, where as when you see the colour it expands further out into other layers. However, I have seen white light emitting far out from a healer before.
Old 16-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Enya

That white glow is often the first thing people see around others, without realising it is the aura! I saw that as a child and never knew what it was.
A way to make sure it's not just an after-image is to blink or look away and back. If it remains, then it's the aura.

When watching someone speaking, such as a teacher, you will also often see a pale yellow around their heads. I associate this with use of the intellect. If you ease your focus and relax, other colours may come to mind. Try looking at someone's profile when in a car or train. You might see a pale blue line around their skin - the electromagnetic field.

Lie under a tree and focus just beyond the edge of the leaves... you'll see a translucent 'rim'. I often catch a glimpse of a soft lilac around trees, about 30 feet above them and have seen the aura of flying birds. It's cool.
Old 16-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
I was sitting in class, look very intently at my teacher, and I began to see a sort of white, glowing aura emitting from her. It is, however, in the shape of her body, and it followed her as she moved around the classroom. I have semi-poor vision, so I was thinking that this may just be because of the fact that I am near-sighted. However, I looked around the room and nobody else seemed to be emitting any sort of aura.

What people tend to argue about this is stating how it's just the white wall behind them or some color disfiguration caused in your eyes, but if this were the case, you should be able to see it still be there in front of the floor and other colors as well, by this they can't say it's just the wall.

My advice is after you spot it, focus more on it alone, it should start to burn brighter, I spotted my buddy's who had bright orange (think bengal tiger) and by focusing more on it, it got brighter and more prominent. It's hard for some others to be seen.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Seeker

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman

In my experience with auras and recognizing colors, i find that they can have a few ways of showing themselves. I would say that you are starting to see aura. I could be wrong, but when i was in highschool, the story you shared sounds much like how i started. If you focus harder on the energy, it has a sweet spot that lets you look even deeper into it. Sometimes it takes a little more concentration than others. The reason of that being this way, is the people whom are open are easier to see their aura. So if someone doesnt want you to see it, it can be alot harder to see the aura. The more open they are and the less they wish to hide it, the easier it gets to see. I know aura shows itself traditionally in 7 colors, although i have counted 13 personally. Usually the chakras reveal the strongest color first, then in order going to the weakest. In other words, the weakest color is the one they need to work on to become balanced. Or at least this is what i have come to understand. If you practice looking for aura at the edges of a table, you may be able to find out how much focus you need to see a humans aura. Inanimate objects are easier for me to see auras/energy than on a human. Just food for thought, if i am off someway, someone quote me and let me know, as i am here to expand my knowledge too. I hope this helps with what you want to know.