Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 22-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Knower
Empath? Intuition?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get your opinions about several things :) :)

Okay it's a bit long winded so please be patient :)

Now that I'm not at work and I have some free time to study as well as get to know myself better I've started trying to find answers for things that I can't explain.

Since I was a child I have had issues with seeing orbs of light, shadow figures and such. I was always terrified of being alone at night as this was when I was most likely to see things. This settled down almost completely until recently. Now the things I am seeing are of a much more positive nature.

Aside from that is a feeling I get about animals and people that other people don't seem to get. I get feelings about animals, especially cats that's more like a knowing. The worst thing is I can't explain it logically it's just something I suddenly feel.

I used to get it a lot when I worked with the cats at the shelter, I would suddenly know that a cat had been abused by a man or had suffered an injury. The thing is I can't control it, sometimes it works better than other times.

I don't know if it's the same but I get very strong feelings about people and sometimes it even gets me in trouble. I someone and might take an instant dislike to them that's really strong, I would never be rude or unkind but I try to keep my distance and it can be hard to explain to other people.

Even if someone is smiling and in all appearances being nice to me I might get a very strong feeling that this persons feelings towards me aren't genuine. I feel physically uncomfortable around them and at times even end up with a headache.

On the flip side I can be drawn to other people I don't even know, like today at the bank. The girl Infront of me seemed to have a lovely energy and it was a pleasure standing near to her.

I think that's enough for now :) I was hoping maybe someone had some advise as to how I could try to control these feelings or advance them. Is this just intuition or something more? I have started studying animal communication and with the subject of telepathy and intuition being important for this it made me think about getting some answers and making sure I do it safely.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

Claire xxx
Old 22-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile

I was hoping to get your opinions about several things :) :)

I don't know if it's the same but I get very strong feelings about people and sometimes it even gets me in trouble. I someone and might take an instant dislike to them that's really strong, I would never be rude or unkind but I try to keep my distance and it can be hard to explain to other people.

Even if someone is smiling and in all appearances being nice to me I might get a very strong feeling that this persons feelings towards me aren't genuine. I feel physically uncomfortable around them and at times even end up with a headache.

On the flip side I can be drawn to other people I don't even know, like today at the bank. The girl Infront of me seemed to have a lovely energy and it was a pleasure standing near to her.

I think that's enough for now :) I was hoping maybe someone had some advise as to how I could try to control these feelings or advance them. Is this just intuition or something more? I have started studying animal communication and with the subject of telepathy and intuition being important for this it made me think about getting some answers and making sure I do it safely.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

Claire xxx

well- my advice would be more about accepting it and balancing it with practical concerns. Maybe someoen else could say something about developing or inhibiting this sense. But I figure, you are going to develop it - because it is awakened, and you want to see where it leads. So you will need to integrate it into your life.

First, to be more practical, lots of people have this extra sense about others' energies, and many think it's a really good or even perfect sense, as if, because it is nonverbal or seems telepathic, they think it's infallible and objective. But it's not- there are always many factors at work - the other person's temporary circumstances, like maybe the phony one was having a bad day and just wanted to not show it, not take it out on others, was trying to uplift their own mood etc., and that's valid- they can do that. Then there are also your own prejudices. We all have triggers, subtle and unconscious, related to painful experiences and conflicts in our pasts. This is why you should step back and question your impressions, at least own it, as in, saying "I (yes that's me) have an uncomfortable feeling around this person that seems to be triggered by [such-n-such trait/behavior]," and you might find it's more temporary or subjective than you thought.

The other thing to remember and to balance with having this sense is to honor privacy. Privacy is still valid.We don't have to share everything with everyone or even be willing to. And we still have to be mindful of what we present to others and our effect on others. I think the imbalance goes both ways-nobody has all the right answers - eg, I have been insensitive and not mindful of what impression I was giving to others at times, but at the same time if they made a lot of presumptions and subjective interpretations about me, and pretended they read my mind, then they were wrong too. That was their own stuff, not mine. I think it's important to realize when you just "have a sense about someone" that you really can't be certain. This is the Head and the Heart - working together - one is not better than the other- they just need a balanced partnership!
Old 23-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Master
Hello Claire,

I saw an orb of light a while back in my freezer of all places. Those elemental energies are always around us and it is best to accept that reality.

I myself use telepathy extensively so I can relate to your experiences quite a bit. Still I sense that you are just getting started with these things. I say be patient with yourself and trust your inclinations.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Knower
Hi John,

In your freezer!! That's great! :) I've seen them in different places but I always feel very positive about their presence so I'm certainly looking forward to the possibility of seeing more.

I have some new books today that I am going to start reading and I hope to improve my telepathic abilities and start communicating with animals. It's great that you already use telepathy, you are right that I am just starting out but I feel like I'm on the right track :)

Thanks so much for your answer xx
Old 23-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Knower
Sorry I'm using the phone and having issues with writing the post. I will try to tomorrow from the computer :) thanks for your answers.
Old 23-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Knower
Hi John,

In your freezer!! That's great! :) I've seen them in different places but I always feel very positive about their presence so I'm certainly looking forward to the possibility of seeing more.

I have some new books today that I am going to start reading and I hope to improve my telepathic abilities and start communicating with animals. It's great that you already use telepathy, you are right that I am just starting out but I feel like I'm on the right track :)

Thanks so much for your answer xx