Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"I think, maybe, at one point it was used to control masses, but just maybe. That was hundreds of years ago"

Tell that to the poor of South America and Sub-Saharan Africa ! Also, to a limited extent, the priest-ridden people of Eire.
Does someone force them at gunpoint to conform?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Sybilline

Hehehe... It ain't that bad anymore :P But hey who knows if those gunmen actually think they are doing the right thing.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Does someone force them at gunpoint to conform?

well you have the "herd" mentality whereby if you don't tow the party line you stand out and are game for ridicule and possibly much worse...folk conform out of fear, to survive. fortuntely now we have freedom of religion including having no religion...in many countries.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Jesus Christ's Parents was both Jewish from the house of David and Abraham.
He read the Torah in Temple and spoke with the Rabbi's even celebrated passover.
Matthew 5:17 KJV says: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
But in my opinion Christianity vaguely has anything to do with Heaven just mostly Sheol or Hell.
People who obey the law and try not to sin goes to Heaven people who do not go to Hell.

For real... It is called "The Good News..." I suppose it is good news if you conform hardcore to the religion. According to the Bible, you can lose your salvation, be a believer and still go to hell because you broke a rule... Conform or burn; by Jesus that is good news!!!!
Old 27-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Jade F^lcon

I would say Christianity is a religion, however I also think it has been basterdized, corrupted, twisted, mutated, and manipluated into the seething monster that now stand before us today. The bibles pages preach tolerance, understanding, and love however the mainstream aspects of the church practice intolerance, oppression, and hate mongering. There has been so much blood shed by the supposedly peaceful christain faith it is insane. Their conquest for superiority among all other faiths have led them to where they r today. Tho I think its not what Jesus would have wanted it to be.
Old 28-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Master
Ah well, Jade, since you mention the bible - it's a work of fiction ! Translated many times from language to language, edited over and over again to fit in with political expediency, sections deleted and others added, and so it goes. Not a religious book but a shackle placed around the necks of the gullible.
Christianity, as a man-made religion, is to be despised while Christ, the man [?] and his ethics/philosophy is to be revered as an Ascended Person and one of the true teachers of mankind.
Old 28-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Master

What the Church teaches is Churchianity, which is a very pale reflection on the True Christianity as originally taught by Jesus.

All the great teachers, of which I hold Jesus to be the greatest, have taught the same message - LOVE.
Love in all its guises - Service, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, non-violence etc.

Whatever 'religion' you care to follow, if it makes you a better, kinder person and adds to the greater good, then it's right ...for you. (There are many branches to a tree)

But without Love, you have nothing.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Athear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
But I do not think that Jesus believed that he was God in the sense that Christians think he is. I think that what he said was misunderstood by the later generations.

This reminded me of the "broken telephone" game
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade F^lcon
I would say Christianity is a religion, however I also think it has been basterdized, corrupted, twisted, mutated, and manipluated into the seething monster that now stand before us today. The bibles pages preach tolerance, understanding, and love however the mainstream aspects of the church practice intolerance, oppression, and hate mongering. There has been so much blood shed by the supposedly peaceful christain faith it is insane. Their conquest for superiority among all other faiths have led them to where they r today. Tho I think its not what Jesus would have wanted it to be.

Well Said!
They have inspired and influenced totalitarianism world wide.
They preach FEAR
They Preach Hell and Fire
They say either with us or You'll burn eternally
They are the true definition of Domination.
They campaign Charity BUT worship Abundance and preach prosperity of worldly goods.
They say all the poor and weak are afflicted of the Devil and or deserving via (generational curses)
They worship appearance, status and symbolism.
They are the world's most judgmental people.
They prey on the weak and lost.
They argue amongst themselves
They script and compromise to sell
They are bitterly knowing but deny their decline.
They are all Business and full of S-H-I-T
Their Car parks are a JOKE, just as when they dress up to buy groceries.
What bigger group of hypocrites could ever see in such a gathering.

The list goes on and on ...

It's not only a religion, but one in which it's run its course. The Christians of Today are victims of their own prophecy!

I reject any force or creator that says Bow down or Burn. And reject all claims of Christianity under the banner of any of the above. A filthy species we have become under it's political direction ... it is the essence that has destroyed this world...in that respect creating it's own end and the extinction of humanity and WORSE "Nature" itself. PURE EVIL!

I can't wait till it's all said and done.

**&^ Christianity for all it's done. (obviously I have never recovered ... it has that effect on you ;) Love and peace to those that look with in. Sorry that I can not find softer words in which to talk about such destruction...something I am struggling with... :(

QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Master
Bravely and well said Search.