Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Experiencer
"The Templar Tradition" - non Masonic branch?

Back in 1994, I read a book called "The Templar Tradition" which asserted that there was a spiritual tradition of spiritual knighthood that was related to the Masons, but not actually part of them. I was very intested in it because through a long series of interesting events and coincidences, I was 'led' to believe that perhaps, somewhere back in my bloodline, there were some actual Templars or something like them. And when I say Templars, I don't mean the ones as sometimes depicted being murderous, arrogant and money-hungry, but ones that were true to the original ideals of the order.

My question is if anyone out there has any knowledge or information about this subject they would like to share? I have done some research of my own, but everything I have found has either been an actual branch of Masonry, or something that seems to be "borrowing" the Templar name but bears little resemblance to the order as described in the book "The Templar Tradition."

Any info or insights would be greatly appreciated : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 17-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Bluegreen

What I have found is that there is a Templar degree in Masonry. Also, the serpent which was the emblem of Christ with the Templars.

A link: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...htstemplar.htm
Old 18-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Experiencer
I am wondering - has anyone else out there read the book "The Templar Tradition?" If so, what did you think about it?

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 18-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Master
Hi QK,
no i have not but maybe i should. i've research masonry quite a bit but cannot remember or did not work out the templar connection or the lack of it.

btw the link claims that the christ being lives in the white house and no i'm not embellishing.

n3

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 18-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Experiencer
n3 -

Yes, the book is a fascinating read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. At the time it came into my experience, it seemed to speak to a lot of the questions I had, and in a context that one could only understand if they had been there themselves. It was pretty mind-blowing.

I looked though some of the content on the page the link provided by Bluegreen referred to, but didn't see anything about Christ being in the White House - where was that? (what can I say, curiosity you know...)

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 18-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Master
QK
i think it's noteworthy that the book you read is pre-internet. i know little of the templars but would hazard that they certainly are not murderous.

one book i would recommend is "obelisks" by peter tompkins. at first glance it has little to do with mmasonry etc but actually goes quite indepth into it and the templars figure too.

the page i'm referring too is:http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...uminati_14.htm

quote:
""In occultic/Satanic doctrine, the upper four points of the Goathead represent the four elements of the world, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air.

The bottom fifth point represents the spirit of Lucifer. In the photocopy of the Goathead Pentagram, the fifth point extends down into the mind of the goat, who represents Lucifer. Thus, in this street layout, the fifth point is the White House, a symbol placement which represents the intention that the spirit and the mind of Lucifer will be permanently residing in the White House. ""

lucifer is latin for the "light bringer" also known as the morning star and the name given to the christ being.

In the Bible: Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the Bright and Morning Star."

the christ = lucifer

of course in this instance lucifer has been misrepresented as the devil. whenever this happens i would gurantee that you have some fundamentalist christian demonising going on. strange that they would demonise their own "saviour". my guess is that it was, in one instance, in reaction to such use as by the theosophical society as the name of one of their magazines...and of course this society was into the occult (ancient science) and so 1 + 1= 666

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 18-04-2012, 07:58 PM
TeeHee

Using Google's analytics I stumbled upon a website that is linking to my website. Here's the link, its just coincidinky that this was the subject.......

knightstemplar.tv
Old 18-04-2012, 08:05 PM
amy green

Question

Hope this isn't off topic but today heard Knights Templar mentioned in connection with the recent massacres perpetrated by Breivik. Notably, that his far right wing agenda (genocide?) is influenced/drawn from the Knights Templar. Of course he could have wildly misconstrued the beliefs of KT - wondering what others, who know about KT, have to say on this?
Old 18-04-2012, 08:07 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Hope this isn't off topic but today heard Knights Templar mentioned in connection with the recent massacres perpetrated by Breivik. Notably, that his far right wing agenda (genocide?) is influenced/drawn from the Knights Templar. Of course he could have wildly misconstrued the beliefs of KT - wondering what others, who know about KT, have to say on this?

The link that I supplied has a forums, I'd ask on the knightstemplar website. But I do not frequent the mason and KT sites that link onto mine.
Old 18-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

hi amy :)
well i don't like to say that some folk are bonkers and should be taken with a pinch of salt but maybe you got that feeling from him too, yeah?