Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
moke64916

Lavender

Lavender really does relax you. Do they make lavender dietary supplements? That would be cool if they did. Otherwise I put lavender oil on a cotton swab, and seal it in a bag. Take a whiff and it really does relax you. Where can you buy lavender oil? Are there any stores that sell it? Or do you have to buy it on the internet? And are there any other oils that are good for relaxation? Peaceful oils?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Master
I don't know about dietary supplements but you can make tea out of lavender google it and you'll found out how. I buy my oils from my coop or an alternative health food store or a metaphysical store should have some...I love my lavender aromatherapy.
Spiritlite.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
LightFilledHeart

Whatever application you are going to use (but ESPECIALLY if you intend to use them internally, those oils rated for safe internal use, that is!) it is very important to get top quality oils. Many inexpensive oils are of a low grade quality. Bear in mind that essential oils are very condensed, and depending on the type can be quite costly to produce. There are a number of brands that fudge on the process. Many who sell lavender are not even giving you pure, true lavender, but rather LavenDIN, a far cheaper and easier to produce product that unfortunately does not have the same healing properties as lavender.

I purchase therapeutic grade oils from Young Living Oils, because I appreciate their high quality. Lavender is one I use a lot of, whether massaged in via a carrier oil or "neat". It promotes healthy new tissue growth, so is excellent in conjuntion with Tea Tree oil, which is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal as well as an anesthetic (numbing agent), so very good for cuts, scraps, etc.

Lavender is also relaxing when used as aromatherapy. It can also be added to bath water when you want its relaxing effect. And yes, it can be taken internally as well. I sometimes make myself a cold drink comprised of water, ice, and several drops of lemon essential oil and perhaps one drop of lavender. The lemon gives it a nice citris flavor without the acidity of lemon juice and the lavender adds a nice compliment to that. I sweeten it with a packet of Stevia, and it's sweet (though not overly so) and refreshing. Very cooling on a hot day
Old 02-07-2011, 05:24 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Whatever application you are going to use (but ESPECIALLY if you intend to use them internally, those oils rated for safe internal use, that is!) it is very important to get top quality oils. Many inexpensive oils are of a low grade quality. Bear in mind that essential oils are very condensed, and depending on the type can be quite costly to produce. There are a number of brands that fudge on the process. Many who sell lavender are not even giving you pure, true lavender, but rather LavenDIN, a far cheaper and easier to produce product that unfortunately does not have the same healing properties as lavender.

I purchase therapeutic grade oils from Young Living Oils, because I appreciate their high quality. Lavender is one I use a lot of, whether massaged in via a carrier oil or "neat". It promotes healthy new tissue growth, so is excellent in conjuntion with Tea Tree oil, which is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal as well as an anesthetic (numbing agent), so very good for cuts, scraps, etc.

Lavender is also relaxing when used as aromatherapy. It can also be added to bath water when you want its relaxing effect. And yes, it can be taken internally as well. I sometimes make myself a cold drink comprised of water, ice, and several drops of lemon essential oil and perhaps one drop of lavender. The lemon gives it a nice citris flavor without the acidity of lemon juice and the lavender adds a nice compliment to that. I sweeten it with a packet of Stevia, and it's sweet (though not overly so) and refreshing. Very cooling on a hot day
I don't see pure lavender on that website? You don't think the health food store would carry it? All what I see on that site are lavender shampoos and conditioners. I'm looking for pure lavender. Thank you for letting me know it can be used internally. LAvender is very relaxing. Are there any other oils that are relaxing oils that can be used internally?
Old 15-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Pathfinder

Has anyone found that they have weird dreams after burning lavender essential oil? Both times I've burned it, I've had very lucid dreams.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:52 PM
ArmoaENERGY

I'm Diffusing lavender oil (must be 100%Pure, Therapeutic Grade) to alleviate the symptoms of allergies. So much better!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwithin
Has anyone found that they have weird dreams after burning lavender essential oil? Both times I've burned it, I've had very lucid dreams.
So I think I'll buy lavender oil to burn ahah :)

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 14-03-2012, 02:39 PM
shareunity

What about tea tree oil??
I love the shampoo. Feels month fresh.

Peppermint is coo :)
Lavender is ight. It's to strong :(
But I would want to try the tea. I love tea. <3
Old 24-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Nothinggold

Mmmm I love lavender. Its very relaxing. Perfect if you have trouble falling asleep. It's also great for burns and cuts.
Old 24-05-2012, 08:20 PM
MRDazzle

Have you ever tasted Lavender cookies? I tried them for the first time this year. They are quite yummy. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lavender-cookies/