Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
The responsible person accepts the facts, remains faces the resultant fears and become a stronger and hopefully calm person in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Often times we and the individual know who those people are that will be able to handle those tough situations.

Soo - what I said ..

"All we can do is keep moving forward & try to learn from mistakes". I.e an irresponsible person will not learn from their own or others mistakes.

You cannot dictate what others will do - I have said this to you specifically on other threads.

There are too many moving parts for a one size fits all attitude when it comes to the globe. There are those that will look out for earth & those who look after profit.

We can only educate & lobby for something to be enacted globally - every nation has it's own nuances, as does every individual person.

A global government could implement global change but if the leader of that government became a tyrant - there would be no other countries left to defend against global tyranny.

At the moment we are free to see various models in action & logically pick the successes - but under one system you likely wouldn't be able to counter it were it incorrect.

Educate & lobby is all we can really do.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 16-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Cat All Parties End, Except for Universe--Do Humans Feel Lucky? How long?

Quote:
knightoflenity--"All we can do is keep moving forward & try to learn from mistakes".

As I stated previously, some mistakes are fatal. Some climaotlogist believe PPmillions of greenhouse gases to sustain and environment for humans.
Quote:
I.e an irresponsible person will not learn from their own or others mistakes.

It is the irresponsible person who ignore the facts/truth and fights against fact/truth.

The party is coming to end. Once I get to the party I usually have fun. Yet I know the party is coming to and end.
Quote:
You cannot dictate what others will do - I have said this to you specifically on other threads.

Nature dictates via uninverse operating systems. You appear to be one of those who believe in parties where anything goes, no limits etc. Nature has limits.

Quote:
We can only educate & lobby for something to be enacted globally - every nation has it's own nuances, as does every individual person.

You seem to think nature does not have a set of cosmic laws ergo there are limits. Party on, but to ignore the rational, logical common sense facts/truths leads to fatal mistakes. imho

All humans institute laws/polices/practices to live by. You and any others are free to do what ever you want, yet there is always consequences and karma.

INcluding global consequences and karma. Party on is one thing, Party on in ignorance and fighting against truth/facts is another.

Quote:
A global government could implement global change but if the leader of that government became a tyrant - there would be no other countries left to defend against global tyranny.

I see no problems with having a world party or a world government. You seem to think a global government is somehow more evil than 200 governments.

A ship has one captain and a chain of command. The crew remove the captain if need be.

Humans can design a world government as the see fit just each of the 200 or more existing nations designed their current governments.

Quote:
At the moment we are free to see various models in action & logically pick the successes - but under one system you likely wouldn't be able to counter it were it incorrect.

Government dictates this and or that. We are always free to do what ever we want--- that does not violate cosmic law/principles --but there will be consequences and karma.

We are free with 200 or more nations or one global government.

Uinverse has subsets of systems, Governments/nations have subsets of systems ex states, providence etc.

Quote:

Within a finite set of cosmic laws/principles there exist many degrees of freedom. They all will have consequences and karma.

Party on indeed. Locally and globally. But do so with and eye for facts/truth. Seems simple to me.

All parties, except Universe, come to and end. When and where the human party ends is the question and how much sufferring along the way.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 16-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity

How does the individual lobby as opposed to business. I've always wondered how we do that. How does the spiritual person do that btw. How come all the specific spiritual groups and ogranizations and institutions out here don't seem to be involved (enough imo) in an active way. They don't put themselves and organizations on the line. Even they don't seem to want to organize and be bothered. I've always wondered about this. I'd like every spiritual orgaination to get involved and participate, spread a little of that spirituality around. I'm a fan of a particalar faith for instance, why don't they speak out...actively. Why don't other's speak out...actively. If they don't care why should we btw. Education and lobbying we already have that, is it working?

Globalization, will it really work? I like to use the mirror of religions and all the other systems that imo are religion like get together. Think of all the different ones that total in the number of thousands many times over. I don't care if you believe this or you believe that. You should not care if I believe in this or that. I have found only some care, I don't. Get over it! There are bigger problems in the world that still exist. Personally I would like to see a globaliztion of them, religions and such I mean. But how is that suppose to work btw even if it's a good idea...lol, is that possible. That's how globalization of governement would be. Personally I'd like to see all the religions and systems quit their squabling. Should they be held accountable for their non-invlovement.

We can certainly talk about money and business and wealth generation and so on at the top of the pyramid we call government which tests the spirit like Jesus showed us. But I think, because I really have never seen it, the participatation of (every) spiritual groups even organiztion or institution being a voice of reason. Here's an example, I remember in the past hearing this (excused) in the past, we're here to save souls and that's all. We can't get involved, or why we can't. How silly is that and they were serious about it. Are things such as this still said today, I don't know. I am talking about our spiritual leaders that know more then the individual. Should spritual people be held accountable by spiritual people. Do we hold them accountable?

I don't know if this would help the world since we don't do it and never have nor do was ask. We don't ask or tell them to. We use to or at least I use to and they said no. But I do know if they do become involved they would lose their non-profit status having to pay taxes at great cost. Would involvement of every system help and should we insist they do. Yes, there is a they! Are we fully spiritually involved in a way. I'd like to see them get off their collective tales (pun intended) and quit asking for money all the time. If I am seeing this incorrectly, please let me know then I will know things have changed. Have things pretty much remained the same. Many years ago I left them becuase of their lack of understanding what I saw being wrong.

Last edited by lemex : 16-09-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 16-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
How does the individual lobby as opposed to business. I've always wondered how we do that. How does the spiritual person do that btw. How come all the specific spiritual groups and ogranizations and institutions out here don't seem to be involved (enough imo) in an active way. Education and lobbying we already have that, is it working?

My response was to r6r6r so I chose wording that I thought he might understand - I'm not sure if there is a language barrier or he's just a bit too "Sheldon from Big bang theory" but everything boils down to "logic" apparently so he knows what he means at least...?

As far as lobbying goes (I'm in the Uk) as far as I understand it you have to bug the congressman or whatever. I used that term but here in the UK it would be petitioning. Change.org or a facebookgroup can get big quickly - just look at something like netmums.

Certain organisations/ groups make enough noise that people are forced to take notice. Often the press are the gatekeepers of the "truth" that the public see. Youtube has been great for the "alternative media" - guys like Sargon of akkad or Stephan Moleneux have been able to push back against the mainstream.

Quote:
Globalization, will it really work? Many years ago I left them because of their lack of understanding what I saw being wrong.

I wasn't advocating Globalization - I like not having a starbucks in every street but I imagine that an evolved Google translator will one day soon mean that spoken language will be understood by all. All of the races & cultures are mixing slowly so I can see a point where you just pick & choose.

I said above that world government is dangerous in the wrong hands but r6r6r doesn't see my point.

I said elsewhere on SF that people often use religion to score points over others or hide behind it when it's convenient - anyone in power positions knows how to play the game but rarely actually lead by example they just talk a good game.

I do my Lenity thing as an alternative to the hypocrisy I see everywhere. These days nobody really wants to just be good - they need it explained to them. They won't lead - they follow.

I'm not sure if it's the "I'll sue you culture" or the "politically correct" crowd but people won't speak up or if they do it's already being cleverly marketed so it isn't really grass roots.

I don't have the right answers but I have discovered a lot of wrong ones which I try to highlight - nobody really cares though

If you write a book or a blog - it's fixed whereby reviews & likes are purchased - if you crowd fund you have to buy the advertising yourself essentially making crowdfunding an online sponsorship form but you have to find the donors ..

So far everything is a con, politics, education, religion - you need to stick to a narrative that is already there & repeat it instead of pushing the envelope.

Just do the good .. somehow .. anyhow..

Someone told me about how in their culture the old people go away to meditate & contemplate their lives.
I found myself thinking - yes I'd recommend that to my in laws if I could get away with it - thing is someone is getting away with it as part of religion .. crazy ..

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 16-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Nature dictates via uninverse operating systems. You appear to be one of those who believe in parties where anything goes, no limits etc. Nature has limits.
You seem to think nature does not have a set of cosmic laws ergo there are limits. Party on, but to ignore the rational, logical common sense facts/truths leads to fatal mistakes. imho

You'll see from my comments elsewhere - especially in the thread "can a truly spiritual person eat meat" that I believe that nature alone dictates - humans try much like yourself saying that everyone should be vegetarian.

The rest of what you say is obviously a mantra that you tell yourself - it makes sense to you & whilst some points are valid you don't converse with others - you merely repeat statements over & over.

I grew out of parties along time ago dude - I used to go to them to check out the ladies - now I'm married there is no reason to do so.

Political parties are stupid - they don't represent me they represent set ideals ... so what other party are you referring to?

I also worked in animal welfare so I've done a lot more for nature than most. I respect it's laws especially when animals attack.

Hang on - I'm gonna have a me party we forgot those.

# click for a me party #

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 16-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Master

I see many truths in what you have said knight.
Old 17-09-2017, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
You'll see from my comments elsewhere - especially in the thread "can a truly spiritual person eat meat" that I believe that nature alone dictates - humans try much like yourself saying that everyone should be vegetarian.

The rest of what you say is obviously a mantra that you tell yourself - it makes sense to you & whilst some points are valid you don't converse with others - you merely repeat statements over & over.

I grew out of parties along time ago dude - I used to go to them to check out the ladies - now I'm married there is no reason to do so.

Political parties are stupid - they don't represent me they represent set ideals ... so what other party are you referring to?

I also worked in animal welfare so I've done a lot more for nature than most. I respect it's laws especially when animals attack.

Hang on - I'm gonna have a me party we forgot those.

# click for a me party #

I've been having a non-stop, non-egotistical "me-party" for the past three days now! lol

Following on from the scenes of yesterday's celebrations, where I witnessed exactly how the oral tradition of my culture gets passed down through successive generations according to the whole smriti tradition.

...but oh wai, it's time for the next pictorial installment of 'scenes from Necro's memory mark II'.

The Royal Bali Sea-Cave Temple of Tanah Lot
http://www.orangesmile.com/extreme/i...anah-lot_1.jpg

This will be the location for today's 'me-party' - yes, we have shifted venues from the Ancient Prambanan Temple yesterday, with a side trip up to Borobudur to take in some traditional Javanese dancing.

Whilst at Tanah Lot, we'll see who can build the best Shiva sculpture on the beach eh? and I mean I think this guy wins it hands-down! yet another memory from my past:

Lord Shiva Sand Sculpture:
http://static.dnaindia.com/locality/...?itok=cMz_45nU

We used to do sculptures of Lingams in the sand all the time...write "Om Namah Shivaya" in the sand and watch the waves come and erase it all before doing it all over and over again...we'd float rudraksha beads on the waves...

Of course the festival/celebration yesterday was Thaipusam at Batu Caves, Malaysia, where devotees of the Lord became entranced and pierced their bodies all over with metal objects...today we'll stay in Bali, and because I mentioned the celebration of Nyepi before...I'm going to build a huge effigy of a Yaksha Demon and burn it...just like these guys do:

Balinese Nyepi Day Celebrations - After the Silence
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/m...jpg?1420503664

Oh why not? Nyepi basically occurs a month after Shiva Ratri, So I am going to take myself off to Amritsar and join the Sikh tradition for the day as they worship Lord Shiva their way! So after a day of listening to 'Bhole Baba - Mast Malang' Sihk-inspired Bhangra beats, we join the children of the village:

School Children dressed as Lord Shiva take a 'SELFIE'
https://countzpr.com/2016/12/27/scho...-for-a-selfie/

How cute is that, right? I love the little babes dressed up as Hindu Gods...stirs my heart, it does!

So, I return to Bali and instead of catching a performance of the Wayang Kulit puppet show (the puppets made from pig-skin), I took in a performance of the Wayang Golek instead, using wooden puppets which have a multitude of features...and no two puppets are ever the same because they represent humans and human nature. I used to collect the Wayang Golek as a child myself and I had hundreds of them! the oldest one I had dated back to 1850...here's what they look like:

Wayang Golek Collection
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fC0_PBBazF...yang-Golek.jpg

So, that's been my little 'me party' for the past 24 hours....and now you may all begin to see totally why I am like I am.

It's not just book learning...studying the Hindu scriptures and all of that...NO! and of course I did all that too...but all of these things provided the whole backdrop and laid the groundwork for it all to happen.
Old 17-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Cat Party On As Earth Is Only Getting Greemner--Celebration Is In Order!

Some mistakes a fatal. There are some climatologist who believe we have already past the humanity-will-survive limit of PPMillion greenhouse gases.

The human party will come to and end on Earth, question is, when and how much sufferring along the way?

Then are those who only see the end coming and party on even harder. Or so I presume.

The responsible person accepts the facts, remains faces the resultant fears and become a stronger and hopefully calm person in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Often times we and the individual know who those people are that will be able to handle those tough situations.
Yes we live in a golden age of fossil resource consumption--- ex uranimum minning ---. That is dead end pathway for humanity and the environment that sustains us.

Solar was just beginng to become used in early 1900's before pertroleum boomed in Saudi Arabia.

Sticking head in hole-n-ground--- butt forward evolution ---to negative scenarios is not the mind/intellect forward evolutionary approach fro human survival.

The future is not bright with head-n-hole in ground. Those who think so are in denial of facts, truths and those scenarios for potential demise of humans and the enviroement that sustains them.

They are like naive golden age teenagers throwing a golden age party, that has some problems occur while the parents are away for a few days.

The parents come home and the teenagers and parents are now both accountable/responsible for a party that gotten out of hand.

I live through the Cuban missile crisis{ 60's }, surge of nuclear power{ 70's }, race to nuclear doomsday{ 80's }, resurgence of nuclear power{ 2000's } and now those of us who are responsible adults, know that there is no gurranttee's that humanity is going to past test to continue their existence here on Earth.

Even tho former Soviet-Union and U.S. have cut back in 90's - 2000's, other countries have been increasing their stock piles.

I it is nice to think positively but it is ignorance to not consider, and consciously acknowledge and approach the problems and potential globally devastating scenarios. imho

Does humanity feel lucky? How long will luck Last>

Ocean temperatures are rising.

Party on even harder because the end is near?

I've been married 35 years but still go to parties and always have fun and dance lots once I'm there.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Some mistakes a fatal. There are some climatologist who believe we have already past the humanity-will-survive limit of PPMillion greenhouse gases.

The human party will come to and end on Earth, question is, when and how much sufferring along the way?

Then are those who only see the end coming and party on even harder. Or so I presume.

Yes we live in a golden age of fossil resource consumption--- ex uranimum minning ---. That is dead end pathway for humanity and the environment that sustains us.

Solar was just beginng to become used in early 1900's before pertroleum boomed in Saudi Arabia.

Sticking head in hole-n-ground--- butt forward evolution ---to negative scenarios is not the mind/intellect forward evolutionary approach fro human survival.

The future is not bright with head-n-hole in ground. Those who think so are in denial of facts, truths and those scenarios for potential demise of humans and the enviroement that sustains them.

They are like naive golden age teenagers throwing a golden age party, that has some problems occur while the parents are away for a few days.

The parents come home and the teenagers and parents are now both accountable/responsible for a party that gotten out of hand.

I live through the Cuban missile crisis{ 60's }, surge of nuclear power{ 70's }, race to nuclear doomsday{ 80's }, resurgence of nuclear power{ 2000's } and now those of us who are responsible adults, know that there is no gurranttee's that humanity is going to past test to continue their existence here on Earth.

Even tho former Soviet-Union and U.S. have cut back in 90's - 2000's, other countries have been increasing their stock piles.

I it is nice to think positively but it is ignorance to not consider, and consciously acknowledge and approach the problems and potential globally devastating scenarios. imho

Does humanity feel lucky? How long will luck Last>

Ocean temperatures are rising.

Party on even harder because the end is near?

I've been married 35 years but still go to parties and always have fun and dance lots once I'm there.

So what's a solution? For instance I appreiate what you're saying but give me some answers if you will. What solutions are there to take and see. The idea that in the 1900's solar was beginning to be used. Of course it was, it was technology, nothing more, people didn't start using it to save the planet. Fossle fuel became the technology and we didn't know what would happen. We probably saw it as a marvelous and great leap to humankind and civilization. It was good. I find it somewhat strange we know exactely some of what you have said, but...... The earth will balance itself. It is too bad we did not have this knowledge early on and hopefully we will not make the same mistakes ever again since they will be recorded now and part of our collective history. Spiritually this appears to be the first time we have been here if you think about it. But we need solutions, things to do. But advancements in new technology will change old technology, and the thought is we will save ourselves. The feeling is we will create technology that will fix things. It may work out as said and it may not. One of the solutions is there must a compromise. The eco industry is growing and the technology must be impoved for it to be accepted. Right now it is very expensive to do what you want done. If a product was made by eco standard and cost $50 and another made by others standards cost $10, which would you support. We even granted waivers to it politically now is that the way. I think one of the things that should be done is to begin to speak in language that people can relate to. We must also approach this with answers. Anger and shouting is not an asnwer, it never is. I think we have to integarate positive in negative which is not being done. Still I think we have to become more spiritual and what that means, what we actaully see here.

For instance, it was brought up what can be done by petition for instance or starting one. And one is never enough, let's go for 20. How many have done this at such a level, probably not many compared to the number of people seeing a problem. I'm not sure. I think we need to become solution oriented. Is money a factor for instance. What are some of the factors that are within because we know what you say will likely happen. It may be our karma. imo people are going to have to become more involve and yes, handle another problem. How much free time do we really have, little. Come together as one. I think it wise to begin talking to specifics arguements other have instead of talking at them. I kinda see we talk at each other not to each other. Talking at each other is simple, talking to each other...
Old 17-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
No Gurrrantees Humans Will Continue On Earth...Fact/Truth..Does Humnaity Fell Lucky.

IF were beyond the PPmilion of greenhouse gases as some believe, and I paraphrase, then there may exist no solutions.

The Earth/nataure will respond but humans may not be a part of some future responses. There is not gurrantee humans will survive 10, 100, 1000 more years on Earth.

Ive been here humans will figure out cancer in twenty years since 70's. Some cancers are now under control, to some degree manag-able. Most not?

What is the financial cost--- that you say is too costly --- to allow humanity to survive on Earth fro 5000 more years?

Again, there may not exist an answer but obviously solar, wind, wave, hydro, hydogen etc and less increase in population is obvious{ no brainier } pathways. You just need to open your eyes{ awaken } and activate the little gray cells. imho

China's one child per family reduced population estimates for 2050 by 1 billion people. AIDs in Africa another billion by 2050.

I like to party and dance, I would love to see a world party to save humanity from the current ignorance and pathways to destruction via much suffering. Simple no brainier. imho

U.S put man on moon now humanity needs to keep humans on Earth for at least another 1000 years. No gurranttees.

r6

Quote:
So what's a solution? ...The earth will balance itself. It is too bad we did not have this knowledge early on and hopefully we will not make the same mistakes. The feeling is we will create technology that will fix things. It may work out and you say and it may not. One of the solutions is there must a compromise. Right now it is very expensive to do what you want done. If a product was made by eco standard and cost $50 and another made by others standards cost $10, which would you support. I think one of the things that should be done is to begin to speak in language that people can relate to. We must also approach this with answers. Anger and shouting is not an asnwer, it never is. I think we have to integarate positive in negative which is not being done.

For instance, knight brought up what we can by petition for instance. How may have done this, probably not many compared to the number of people seeing a problem. I think we need to become solution oriented. Is money a factor for instance. What are some of the factors that because we know what you say will likely happen. It may be our karma. imo people are going to have to become more involve and yes, handle another problem. How much free time do we real have, little. Come together as one.