Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 01:46 PM
AL

points and tips

If you think that diet and spirituality have little in common, you may well need to think again.
One of the most important areas right now in our diet is veg oils.
May I suggest you type in coconut oil/ butter into a search engine and find out about the quality's of coconut oil/ butter.

In the west, we have no way of accounting for the opposite energy's which make the universe go round.
Learning about yin and yang can be helpful in uinderstanding energy and food. It is very simple-

YIN = EXPANSIVE ENERGY. Consider that hot chilli or curry and how your nose runs, expansive yin energy.

YANG= CONTRACTIVE ENERGY. Keeps you warm. Meat, fish, eggs, dairy's.
For vegys, Buckwheat, miso, umabishi plum, kuzu.

Brown rice, once cooked, with a little pinch of salt, is on the balance. Think of a see saw. We want to be nearer the middle. A bag of crisps will have us wanting a chocolate bar. The salt/ sugar see saw.
All drugs are extreme YIN. Which can cause us to go for extreme YANG to compensate, but does not as we can be too YIN and too YANG.
A book on macrobiotics can teach us a thing or two, but give it away to someone else after reading as we don't want to get too intensly into it like a religion.
Indeed, changing our diet too quickly can rebound like a spring, so set yourself a 6 month agenda, then a 2 year one on top of that.
What you eat is decided in the shop, not in the kitchen. Shop in the right places. Sustain your local wholefood store, the supermarkets want to kill it off.
It is about finding alternatives than stopping all together. Knowledge. It is all we lack.
peace *

Last edited by AL : 01-10-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 26-09-2006, 05:37 PM
e-ma

That's a really good point about changing the diet too quickly and then going on the rebound. I always used to be on a diet or some obsessive health spree and my energy was awful, horrendous see-sawing and constant imbalances.

It's interesting what you say about all drugs being Yin. Is that really the case, or can some drugs be Yang? I ask because I always used to take a lot of supplements, medications, etc etc.. and one type of medication would make me want to counterbalance with another, different type of medication, almost like the salt/sugar thing but with various medications / supplements etc.
Old 27-09-2006, 12:42 PM
AL

Hi E-ma. I am not an "expert" on these things. On the other hand, I speak from experience and not from books whenever I can.
I don't have much knowledge on pharmaceutical drugs. It is not out of the question that they could use something in there which is yang in nature. Even something like kuzu/ arrow root for binding, hardening, or indeed animal extract. I don't know. These drugs will throw you out of balance in most cases anyway, creating the need for other drugs to solve the new problem, and on it goes, chasing the tail.
PREVENTION IS THE CURE.
The likes of smoking anything, Well, burning anything, makes it either yang, or less yin, so, smoking pot could be said to be yin, yet also yang because it is hot and burnt.
Consider past experiences of smoking anything, and then going to the bathroom because your bowels want to move. So, yin, expansive.
Things like speed will do lots of damage. We are still waiting to here about the true effects of Ecstasy.
These are the poor mans meditation. We are seeking a spiritual experience through a substance to simulate love, peace, bliss, contentment etc.
So we can see that there may also be an element of lying to ourselves with it.
I will make a brief outline of detoxing etc
FULL MOON - eat light .
WANING MOON - detox.
WAXING MOON - absorb, stock up, replenish.

Refined sugar may be the most addictive drug on the planet, though it competes with tobacco for this Honor.Like sugar, Salt in everything makes anything taste good. Eating as a slave to the taste buds could lead us to an early grave. Eating to the taste buds is OK if it is because we are so in tune with the body that we can read its signals on a subtle level. Our body's tell us things, if we are awake to it.
Don't let the multi national co's decide what you eat or you could end up in trouble. The shelves are full of garbage.
Perhaps one of the worst things we can put in our body is dairy produce. We all have a different constitution, so, some can get away with far more than others. Listen to your body, and it will tell you when it wants something of this nature. I eat some every so often because my body asks for it. If our energy is all over the place, we may not get these signals, or, not understand them.
We were all born to different parent and therefore have a different constitution and therefore require different food for healing our different body's.
And, umm, a little bit of what is bad for us does us good.

Last edited by AL : 27-09-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 27-09-2006, 03:56 PM
e-ma

Hehe, thanks Al, a really interesting post. I had never heard of detoxing according to the cycles of the moon, but am interested. I'll look up some more info on it.

Yep, that makes perfect sense about the drugs and type of administration. And poor man's meditation, without a doubt. It is kind of crazy that what these kids are really craving is love, empathy, and spirituality, but take such a dangerous route to get there.
Old 28-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Pounamu

To my understanding, dairy foods and eggs supply the cholesterol and other fats that are needed for the ascending body to grow into the crystalline cellular structure; and these fats are not supplied in sufficient quantity by the Vegetable Kingdom.
Old 28-09-2006, 05:34 AM
rose

great post AL :)

Pounamu...thank goodness as i am addicted to cheese. ;)
Old 28-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Eduards

Hmmm... I am Vegetarian. but this time , i think,maybe be vegan ? :)

But only problem is, that i like Pizza... And Pizza need cheese...

P.S. Sorry, if something write wrong. I am from Latvia and my birth- language is Latvian not English :))
Old 28-09-2006, 02:26 PM
AL

As long as you are not expecting any debate from me on it. My perspective needs other perspectives. I don't think personally that dairy produce helps meditation. The lack of something of that nature could cause some feeling or other maybe. Hence the comfort eating thing.
I agree that if you are vegy, it may be good to have some dairy. Your body will probably be able to deal with it, depending on its condition. We are all different.
It is the habitual tendencies which I am getting at if anything. If you already have milk in tea or coffee, that is more than enough dairy. It is not just one cup of tea with sugar, or 2 sugar, it may be the accumulation of 6 cups per day, over the period of your life etc. It is these things which can cause problems.
The thing is, the food manufacturers can wash their hands of us and claim no responsibility as the health problems tend to emerge later in life, gradual. So we have to be our own council.
There was no cancer in this world at all before. And there are remote tribes where it is unheard of.
Throwing a pizza (cheese on toast really isn't it?) down your throat every meal is another matter. Or do people alternate between that and a cheese burger? (OK self righteous an all that)
Not everyone may be capable of the diet that I/ we have. So we need to gradually work our way to where we want to be over time.
An unsatisfactory or discontented mind, stress, depression etc. will of course cause comfort eating to fill that void, which usually means reaching for something soft and creamy. I will lay off the chocolate thing as I have maybe been quite strict so far.
If you are doing drink and drugs, it is all the more reason to work on the diet, though it tends to be the time we get more careless. You will enjoy your toke better if there is more and better energy in your body.
Vegans, do check out the pure coconut oil/ butter thing. It could be that the humble coconut has come to our rescue. Peanut butter and tahini are not the best thing for spreading. As for margarine? tractor oil.
The coconoil.com (or others) has stopped my athletes foot and is an anti viral and has the omega stuff etc. my skin feels better than ever.

Sesame seeds have calcium.

Growing beansprouts is another. Think of any food which is still alive when you bite into it. Once sprouted, they gain, I don't know, at least 20% more nutrients. Some suggestions for sprouting are- mung beans, alfalfa seeds, chickpeas, green lentils, adzuki beans, radish seed, sunflower seeds.
cheers Al
Old 28-09-2006, 02:55 PM
dreamer

Great post Al... ...
Old 28-09-2006, 03:32 PM
e-ma

Coconut oil is fab.. I have used it on my hair, skin, used it to eat.. etc etc. But, it is soooo saturated! I think you have just prompted me to go and get more coconut oil. Has it really made your skin feel loads better?
Closed Thread