Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Many a time I think we use compassion as a means to make ourselves feel better. When we see someone in pain its our natural instinct to want to take that pain away because we are uncomfortable with what we feel as we witness the situation. I don't mean to say that this is in any way selfish but rather an innate understanding that our own energy is being compromised and if so doing will be of little help in the situation. In witnessing the suffering the discomfort we feel is our own energy moving away from its present level of alignment.

I know that when I've felt that state of being compassionate, even though I may not know what to say or how to help there has been something that had taken place within a hug or just being there, as often I'm told they begin to feel better and calmer. It helps if our own energy can remain unruffled by what is taking place, the moment we sink to a level towards the one suffering as in suffering with them, then we are both temporarily lost. But Being present can be beneficial as I believe within the instinctive action taken there is an exchange of and re-balancing of energy. Then both the one who needed the upliftment and the one witnessing can enjoy the feeling of ease and alignment. And as AHB shows you don't even have to be physically present with the one suffering. The energy that is positively directed (as in the releasing of resistance) through thought also helps with alignment...the energy finds its target...we commonly call that prayer :)

The natural benefits of the raising of their energy helps them find answers within themselves for the situation they are in with clearer insight and the strength to follow through. That's how I'm seeing Compassion working and agree with Imzadi that it is about Oneness because what affects one affects all to some degree.