Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Can we please keep this topic friendly thank you

Namaste

sorry, i get irritated easily :(

i used to be a lot worse before i started meditating, imagine that @.@ lol
Old 25-09-2016, 05:29 AM
Experiencer

Here is a comprehensive treatment of the subject from a fellow member, Spirit Guide Sparrow, that is worth reviewing:

"It is precisely true that the transition from one state to another is very much influenced by the mental and emotional condition of the individual, as well as the circumstances in which that individual comes to pass. If a person would simply allow this process, this transition, to take place effortlessly, without fear, fight or frustration, such would be a beautiful thing, much like that of a daydream. If a person, in recognizing it is appropriate to do so, would simply let go of their mortal material container, and let go of the pride and ego associated with the story that has been their life, and releases the body which has been their companion of consciousness, they will slip naturally into an altered state of higher vibration. Here, time will cease to have meaning or measure, and what seems like hours will be for others, just minutes. So too, will you experience moments where time passes like minutes, and yet, around you the sun has fallen and the stars have begun to shimmer in the dark sky of night, as hours pass for others around you. This is the experience of consciousness leaving the boundaries of the mechanics of time as you understand it to be within a physical vehicle."

For the rest of the essay, go to https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress...1/01/at-death/
Old 25-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Personally, I have a hard time connecting with this theory. It does not resonate with me, but that's just my subjective consciousness at work here. ]

There are some quantum physicists who also espouse the idea of the 'multi-verse' so dutchie would be in good company.

As I was reading your comment dutchie, I was reminded of Robert Monroe's experience of retrieving and guiding people that he was in some other life. Didn't he also say that 'they' were waiting until they were all together again so that they could move on? Wouldn't that be an example of what you are talking about here or the 'multi-verse'?

I'm going to go now and read that Robert Lanza article wolf gaze. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
There are some quantum physicists who also espouse the idea of the 'multi-verse' so dutchie would be in good company.

As I was reading your comment dutchie, I was reminded of Robert Monroe's experience of retrieving and guiding people that he was in some other life. Didn't he also say that 'they' were waiting until they were all together again so that they could move on? Wouldn't that be an example of what you are talking about here or the 'multi-verse'?

I'm going to go now and read that Robert Lanza article wolf gaze. Thanks for sharing.
yes, that sounds very simular as to what i was talking about.
but once again,allow me to explain something, it seems a lot of people here ( about 80%) keep thinking im talking about my own personal thoughts and theories of death, this is not the case, i am simply expressing a form of thought that leaves my understandings and beliefs out of the picture and instead adopts the perspective of death from other understandings and theoretical beliefs. i simply wished to do a walk through with you guys while explaining my speculations of each theory.
i, myself, dont hold very much faith in the multi-reality theory because if im already in every possible reality, then there would be no need for me reincarnate since i already would of experienced every single possible reality, thus, i would have learned and experienced everything there is in only 1 lifetime. i happen to believe that we recarnate at will in order to learn from more leassons in each life, this belief of mine comes from many of my astral projection experiences.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
yes, that sounds very simular as to what i was talking about.
but once again,allow me to explain something, it seems a lot of people here ( about 80%) keep thinking im talking about my own personal thoughts and theories of death, this is not the case, i am simply expressing a form of thought that leaves my understandings and beliefs out of the picture and instead adopts the perspective of death from other understandings and theoretical beliefs. i simply wished to do a walk through with you guys while explaining my speculations of each theory.
i, myself, dont hold very much faith in the multi-reality theory because if im already in every possible reality, then there would be no need for me reincarnate since i already would of experienced every single possible reality, thus, i would have learned and experienced everything there is in only 1 lifetime. i happen to believe that we recarnate at will in order to learn from more leassons in each life, this belief of mine comes from many of my astral projection experiences.

dutchie, I'm not quite sure what difference in this discussion you are looking for. You've said that you want to leave your understanding and beliefs out of the discussion.....but want to talk about other theories of death and dying? So are you wanting to talk about the Christian perspective that 'St. Peter is waiting at some pearly gates to welcome you and you'll sit on a cloud and strum a harp for eternity'? Or the belief that Jesus has prepared a house (a real house?) in heaven and the believer will live there forever....' Or the Muslim belief about paradise and virgins..... Or the Buddhist philosophy of....what is the Buddhist philosophy surrounding death? (Hmmm, going to have to look that up.....) And then you want to explain why you don't think they're feasible or why they are feasible?

Sorry, just not sure what you're looking for, but then, like I explained somewhere else, I'm not very good at reading between the lines so maybe I am just too thick to understand your direction.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Experiencer

Personally, I think the real me goes back to where we come from and that we have a choice to decide to do it all again for the sake of a new round of experiences and with a goal of becoming a little better each time, or we can decide not to do the earth thing again and chose another place/dimension in which to continue the endless experience of experiencing.

My current human form has the intention of not doing this earth thing all over again. I'm only hoping that the real me has the same plan but I won't know until I change. Fingers crossed that we're on the same page!
Old 26-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Master
What happens at death is much more than what‘s happening around you, or what you see;
it involves all of your senses, because you do not have a human body anymore so you will
experience your senses differently.

What you see will be extremely vivid, what you feel will be like nothing you have felt before,
and your other senses will take on an unearthly sensation. You will not experience your senses
the way you do here on Earth when you had a human body.

There might not even be any gravity and you may find yourself floating or flying; it is different
in different realms and most have no idea which realm they will ascend to. The so-called “astral plane,”
where you may meet loved ones, etc., is a very basic realm and is similar to life here on Earth
but other realms are a lot different than that.

Whatever realm you go to your body will be made of, or similar to, the same makeup as that realm;
like here on Earth, the earth is 2/3rds water and so are our physical body, and in the afterlife
if you go into a realm of radiant energy your body will also be made of radiant energy; if you go into
an airy realm your body will also be airy, etc. It is all extremely dynamic! This is my experience.
Old 27-09-2016, 04:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
dutchie, I'm not quite sure what difference in this discussion you are looking for. You've said that you want to leave your understanding and beliefs out of the discussion.....but want to talk about other theories of death and dying? So are you wanting to talk about the Christian perspective that 'St. Peter is waiting at some pearly gates to welcome you and you'll sit on a cloud and strum a harp for eternity'? Or the belief that Jesus has prepared a house (a real house?) in heaven and the believer will live there forever....' Or the Muslim belief about paradise and virgins..... Or the Buddhist philosophy of....what is the Buddhist philosophy surrounding death? (Hmmm, going to have to look that up.....) And then you want to explain why you don't think they're feasible or why they are feasible?

Sorry, just not sure what you're looking for, but then, like I explained somewhere else, I'm not very good at reading between the lines so maybe I am just too thick to understand your direction.
just talking about the idea of death from the perspective that there is infinite universes/realities that you are in, along with the idea that that consciousness is all enter connected, i spoke of the idea that if all consciousness is one, then the "you" in this reality could possibly stop existing at death, how ever, if this does happen, then i explained that if you no longer exist, then its would be as if you shifted into another life perspective without any memories of your older self that died.
like, if you stop existing at death, then its ok because the consciousness that you are experiencing right now is being experienced by other beings, so if we all are the same thing, then it doesnt matter if we stop existing at death.

ik, its hard to explain, what i intended for this post was to speak of such concepts and theories of death, but somehow, people are trying to challenge the concepts i spoke of and try to disprove them with there own experiences, as if these ideas are my own beliefs, which really shouldnt matter if they are or not since the point to all of it was simply a speculation of death viewed from multiple senerios and point of views.
Old 28-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Guide

Michael Newton described that were well. You should check out his books.
Old 28-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Ascender

Of course, it cannot be discounted that there may be NOTHING at all after death; no experiences, no subjectivity, something so abstract and totally impossible for us to imagine

Having said that, the idea that we may continue on as another consciousness with no recollection of the life we had, seems as scary as utter annihilation to me!