Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 17-06-2014, 04:22 PM
*Elsa*

Cat Tai chi and Chi Gong

Who can explain the difference between Tai Chi and Chi Gong. Been thinking about following some classes, but don't know the difference.

Gr Elsa
Old 21-06-2014, 03:34 AM
Master

I found this for you:

http://www.energyarts.com/difference...tai-chi-qigong
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
*Elsa*

That is realy helpful thnx so much
Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 AM
L plate

Type qigong meridians into search engine,click on qigong institute,talk to you in six weeks or so,we can compare notes.
Juls
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elsa*
Who can explain the difference between Tai Chi and Chi Gong. Been thinking about following some classes, but don't know the difference.

Gr Elsa

Tai chi is a martial art,
Qigong is for health.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Experiencer

Last time I did a course it included both... it was good too.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:20 AM
Master
I've studied both.
Ti Chi was more of a soft martial art - it is based on Chi energy, but focuses solely on the sacral chakra or dantien. After years of practice it moves more into self defense and more forceful martial arts form but comes at it from an energy point of view. Most martial arts never get to the actual usage of energy until the upper degrees of black belt - if they get there.

Qi Gong deliberately bases its move on stretching and activating energy centers and moving the energy through them and up and out through the auric field and back in.
Ti Chi does get to that eventually I think, but it never focuses beyond the sacral chakra.
Qi Gong does defiantly have some martial arts moves in it and some are even named the same, quite a few I recall from Kung Fu and Ti Chi.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:29 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I've studied both.
Ti Chi was more of a soft martial art - it is based on Chi energy, but focuses solely on the sacral chakra or dantien. After years of practice it moves more into self defense and more forceful martial arts form but comes at it from an energy point of view. Most martial arts never get to the actual usage of energy until the upper degrees of black belt - if they get there.

Qi Gong deliberately bases its move on stretching and activating energy centers and moving the energy through them and up and out through the auric field and back in.
Ti Chi does get to that eventually I think, but it never focuses beyond the sacral chakra
Qi Gong does defiantly have some martial arts moves in it and some are even named the same, quite a few I recall from Kung Fu and Ti Chi.

I,ve been practising Tai Chi and Qigong for 30 years and have never heard the word chakras mentioned I have also taught people myself and chakras and black belts do not come into it at all.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Master
I've not run into it with Ti Chi at all. But the energy center the Instructor talked about, the power center, Dantien) is what we would call the 2nd Chakra or Sacral. My Instructor for this was a nearly 80 year old Immigrant from China and a very revered and respected teacher who had been teaching his whole adult life.

However the two different forms of Qi Gong I've taken (one Zen QI Gong) chakra were directly worked with.
The Zen Qi Gong class more that the other class, the instructor actually had us working directly worked with kundalini energy after all the charkas were opened and circulating energy. The class members were all advanced practitioners and well into understanding the body's subtle energy circuitry.

The other class was more geared towards folks who were not energy aware yet and were using it more as an exercise or centering calming yoga type practice. The Instructor however is energy aware personally and always makes a comment to me after class about how much she is aware of my energy work, auric field and that it makes her occasionally nearly giddy with high frequency energies and she has to ground after I attend class before attempting to drive home.

My comment about Black Belts was in regard to the hard Martial Arts not Ti Chi or Qi Gong, which have no belt system as far as I know.
Some of the hard Martial Arts do get into subtle energy work or at least the knowledge it exists but not until decades of study and only if the instructor knows about it.

Whereas with Ti Chi is starts out working with the bodies energy and energy movement, building it up and storing it from the beginning - or at least that is how I learned it through my revered elderly teacher.

I was sent to study under this gentleman because during a belt test under the Ti Quando system which comes out of Korea, I was breaking boards before my palm touched them, and it was causing the board holders who were 4th degree black belts and big guys to loose thier balance from the explosive force. This was witnessed by all the upper belts and my Instructor.

My Instructor knew of internal energy (Chi) but had never seen it used until that day accidentally by me and so could not instruct me in controlling and managing it, so could only refer me to the one who was most known and respected in that state for training.

I'm sure there are many differences from teacher to teacher and from region to region, not only in America but from what region in Asia the Instructor trained in or his/her Instructor did or the style came from.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Seeker

Taichi chuan is an internal martial art. Internal means it is a form of subtle qi gong, that is, of...? For your information, hard martial arts practice hard qi gong.

Qi Gong is often described as "energy work". Though it is very broad and can go much further than "energy work". It actually includes very dense aspects, and much subtle ones.

Taichi includes all those. It goes from very dense to very subtle. But it is a martial art. That means to reach a high level in the complete approach of it, you have to fight, just like in any other martial art.

Qi Gong has mainly 4 aspects: medical(therapeutic), health(preventive), martial(a form of dense magic), and spiritual(to attain illumination).