Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
Have you ever loved two people at the same time and been afraid of making the wrong choice?

Do you think that life ends up keeping who's best for us in our path?

Being in love with two people means being confused or means a strong connection to both? May the connections have the same nature (romantic feelings) or they are different, but due to the intensity of the connection one is not able to distinguish?

I thought when I was young that it was possible to truly love one person only, but now I realise more and more people nurture strong feelings for more than one individual. Life's just too complicated nowadays...

I don't know if you read a Paulo Coelho's book, "Brida", in which the narrator explains that Soul divides itself from generation to generation and the "Other Parts" of us (which would be something similar to "Twin Flames") would be more and more from time to time. If one meets more than one "Other Part" in his life, would end up going through pain and suffering since the connections would be very intense, magnetic and one, having to choose, would be thinking of the other "Other Parts" through the rest of his life.

Well I used to be one of those who says "I am going to be happy no matter what, Life is Wonderful and ain't it being otherwise, no matter how, no matter with whom". But growing up I started thinking in a different way; there are so many special people that is for sure, but for us only few people will be really meaningful at all. And life may change completely depending on the person we choose to be with.

I have shared my reflection on this, I look forward to read yours as well

Love and Blessings

Leah

Leah...this is a complicated question. First, I really feel for Kapitan Prien, because emotions from past lives are always very fresh. And love is love, whatever his circumstance may have been.

I will say that it sounds to me like you may be describing different kinds of love...

There is loving someone as a person, and having respect and affection for them. You may have many loves like this in your life, and of any age and either gender. They may or may not be related to you, and so forth.

There is loving someone romantically. It is possible to have romantic feelings toward more than one person. For many, however, this may never happen in practise. The quality and depth of this love varies widely and is very individual in nature. It sounds like "Brida" describes these because you describe multiple connections.

There is another category. The one where you love the person at the soul level and the connection seems eternal. Many think you do not have more than one of these in a lifetime, if you are even lucky enough to both be alive at the same time. I can't see you would ever forget them...the love is forever. If one of the loves in "Brida" was of the the twin soul variety, then this is the love you will treasure in your heart forever...and if you cannot be with them, you are with them always. And yes, always longing for them.

Quote:

I don't think that the universe always gives us who is best for us. That is our job. One thing that I have learned is that the universe is not here to make our lives easy for us. Just the opposite in fact. It wants to make our lives difficult. God on the other hand does conspire to make our lives more meaningful if we are willing to follow His subtle guidance.

There is quite a bit of truth here. We have to trust in faith, in love, and in the universe.

I wish you all the best in your journey and I hope your decision is the right one for you :)

Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I don't believe that souls divide - so that's out.

I do feel, though, that my half-sister was my wife when I had been a Finnish sailor (and that is why I think those connections remained despite). That is why I still love her. At the same time, I love my wife because she bore me two daughters and she had also been my wife.

Because I didn't reincarnate via birth, my 'past' is closer to me because there isn't that 'interruption' of 'present day' to 'cloud' it. Those connections are still there and there is nothing the present can do about it...because I am not connected to the prior soul's friends and family.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
I don't believe that souls divide - so that's out.

I do feel, though, that my half-sister was my wife when I had been a Finnish sailor (and that is why I think those connections remained despite). That is why I still love her. At the same time, I love my wife because she bore me two daughters and she had also been my wife.

Because I didn't reincarnate via birth, my 'past' is closer to me because there isn't that 'interruption' of 'present day' to 'cloud' it. Those connections are still there and there is nothing the present can do about it...because I am not connected to the prior soul's friends and family.

I don't believe the souls we have are divided either, in the sense that we each have a complete soul as we are. That's a common misunderstanding. However, in the sense that two complete souls may be bonded or paired with one another...that can happen...But that's another discussion and not one everyone can relate to.

The way you describe not reincarnating, so it feels just as "present" now as it ever did, yes, I understand that although I have not had your particular experience. The love doesn't end. Even when you realise you have put the past "to bed" so to speak, in my case the love I feel is in the present. Because it is tied to the person, not the time. I think that is part of what you're getting at as well.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Kapitan_Prien

What you said I agree with (with both the thing on soul splitting and the bonding).

Quote:
Because it is tied to the person, not the time. I think that is part of what you're getting at as well.

Yes that's what I was trying to get to (along with the rest of your explanation).
Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Master
Can we be in love with two people at the same time?

Yes... I most certainly am.

Deeply loving more than one person is only a problem if we fall for the belief that being in love means having a culturally defined marriage or partnership.

Love Itself has no such definitions and distinctions, so the more we let go of our conditioned notions we more free we become to allow Love to lead. Love's ways take us beyond what we could have imagined or hoped for.

Xan

Old 17-11-2010, 12:33 PM
childheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Can you be in love with two people at the same time? No, you can not.. Can you love more than one person at a time? Yes you can.

being in love with someone means it's a substitute for the lack of love to yourself. i'd say you can be inlove with more than one person.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Cruentus

Story of my life. There has rarely ever been just one.

I often find myself in love with two polar opposites. took me years to get over that...
Old 18-11-2010, 09:41 AM
supernova

This is indeed an intricate question. One may be in a matrimonial relationship with someone and he may have a mistress. It is not uncommon. He may have a sexual relationship with both but not at the same time. One day he will sleep with his weeded member and another day with his mistress. He may carry with both one by one. I have seen so many polygamy families and there is order and understanding. He is taking care of both at the same time. There maybe so much envy and resentment. But he is in harmony in both.

Then why one cannot can love two persons at the same time. Love has no boundary and it grows continuously and expands. Love is not a thing that cannot be divided and it is a feeling, a passion and it can grow and develop
Old 20-11-2010, 09:51 AM
debbie.b

i'm 43 & in my 2nd marriage. when i met my 2nd husband he made me feel good about myself, he sort of 'saved me' from an abusive 1st marriage. he is kind & gentle & loves me so much & i too love him but i will admit, not as much as he does me. more because he keeps me grounded & loves me for who i am. we had a fantastic marriage until someone popped out from nowhere & blew my whole world apart. i wasn't looking to have an affair or anything like that but this guy appeared & it was as if i had known him all my life. i strongly believe we have spent many lifetimes together & he believed the same. the feelings were that strong i made the decision to leave my husband for him. it turned out a bad move & mentally made me ill. to cut a long story short, i'm now back with my husband (yes he forgave me) & i do honestly love him but i will always love this other guy with all my heart. the 2 feelings of love i have the them both are entirely different.
i never thought it possible to love 2 people at the same time, as in being in love but now, well, now i know it is possible :-)
Old 21-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Knower
I’m sure its possible but unless one plans on living a polygamist lifestyle. Then they would need to decide who they are going to be committed too.