Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Skylarkjen

What Do You Guys Think of This Concept...?

..."Always put your twin flame first". Here's a link to the article: http://www.twinsoulrevelations.org/t...put-twin-soul/

The gist of it is that we should stop thinking about/worrying about how much we are loved back or what they are doing for us and just focus on our love for them. Here's an excerpt if you don't feel like reading the whole thing:

"The point here is to forget about receiving love. The most important part of that message is to understand that your Twin Soul will have to do the same for you, but this is not your concern. You do not have to worry about whether they are going to love you back, that is their responsibility. Only worry if YOU give enough love, not them. This is not a transaction where giving and receiving is measured. This is not the joyous part. The joy is to love with a reckless abandon! Pour it out of yourself like you didn’t care! “Here, have some more of this! There’s so much here I don’t know what to do with it! Here, take that too! Take it, take it, take it!! RUN with it, be happy! :))))))” Rejoice in giving! Love yourself for the ability to give so much you can’t keep count – won’t keep count! It’s not about what you receive, it’s what you give."

I'm curious to hear what you think of this...
Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Master

Well, anytime you love someone, you should not worry about being loved back. That is not what love is. Having said that, I wouldn't want to encourage people to stay in situations that they may not be receiving respect.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Raven Poet

Dear Skylarkjen: these words are EXACTLY what my ego needs to hear right now. For it's been crying lately; the channel of beautiful dreams has stopped recently - and whenever something the ego likes gets stopped, ego whines!

I DO want to bubble over like a freakin' lava lamp ... something inside me sez "Yes!" to keep on sending love to my Twin, despite what I feel is a momentary disruption in connection (my intuition sez he's freaked out again and has turned away). I do not sense any sneaky part of myself attempting to manipulate energy here, but that it is imperative that I allow the love to keep flowing, regardless of what I "get" back.

Thank you! This post has been medicine!

Gypsymystique: very wise cautionary distinction you put here. Our young (either in chrono age or soul) must not confuse the surrender in love for the surrender of dignity.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Skylarkjen

Gypsy--I know that's true, but I'm amazed at how easily I forget. Or maybe not forget, but get mad, etc. It should be easy, but it's surprisingly hard for me to keep my ego out of the equation. I'm getting better, but I really have to work at it.

Raven--I'm glad that helped! I felt the same way when I read it--I needed a reminder and a "wake up call"! I feel like this is an ongoing issue with me--I *want* to love TF without any conditions, but then something will sneak up on me and I'll get all upset. I will read that article every time I feel myself slipping!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:48 AM
TForever

It's very true =)But I don't let my twin treat me badly. I always showed my love for him now he's ready to show his So we're in sort of "harmony" show your love/feelings (but don't let him hurt you..) if you stop and he starts to become open, the insecurity and ego will come into play
Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
It is very hard to love this way when you're human. I hate to say it, but our humanity seems to be a crutch. We are raised to give and receive. So, we sort of have to reset ourselves and our way of thinking. I think that's why it's so hard to love so selflessly. We always want something back. Is there an app for that? Or maybe some undiscovered chocolate we could eat.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Skylarkjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element 5
It is very hard to love this way when you're human. I hate to say it, but our humanity seems to be a crutch. We are raised to give and receive. So, we sort of have to reset ourselves and our way of thinking. I think that's why it's so hard to love so selflessly. We always want something back. Is there an app for that? Or maybe some undiscovered chocolate we could eat.

I wish there was an app for that! Chocolate even better...Yes, the give/receive thing is so ingrained it really is hard to not have expectations. It is a challenge for me for sure.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Master
This is true but hard to accomplish for me at this point. I'm running I feel n have wanted to disconnect. My issue is he offered freindship but I'm angry he is not putting his effort. But then I see that I shouldn't care a freind should just be happy when he calls if he calls, n call when you want not keeping track who called whom. My ego keeps telling me he's toying with me, don't call wait until he calls. But the point is who cares who calls first he is always there for me. So ego is still here and it's a constant battle still even in freindship. :( I feel I'm failing in the unconditional lesson. :(
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Knower

It's not so hard as it seems. What's more you will feel so much better when you allow your feelings to flow freely. I used to be in pain when I expected something in return. Then I realized that nobody forced me to feel this love and that the feelings are not going away just like that, so what else am I to do with them if not give them to the person who provoked them?

"It is more blessed to give than to receive" - that is one great truth. You will feel it. Just try!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Skylarkjen

Impulsv--Thats the thing...feeling angry because he's not "doing his part" is just putting conditions on him--conditions that we just make up! This is something I know I was doing--like, I emailed last do now it's his turn! But maybe that's not how he views it, or maybe he's just not in the mood or a million other things...It's so easy for us to have the mindset that we're giving too much and receiving too little--but it really is just something we've created. There's no right or wrong amount. I guess the point is to feel free to give as much as you feel comfortable with, but without measuring against what you're getting back.

CC--I do think it's hard, but it does get easier the more you get used to it. And it's very freeing too! It eliminates all if that game-playing like who said what first, who called last, etc.