Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-10-2018, 01:18 PM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 311
 
WHO ARE god or GODS ?

PEOPLE all over the world and over millennium speculated and debated on this question without any knowledge about him. So let us know him first.

To judge the authenticity of Any entity who should be revered as god, must posses the following powers and characteristics. Those who possess these qualities in full measure are the great gods and others are lesser gods.

1. Longevity ( any god who, lives less than 314 trillion years is a lesser god )

2, Siddhies or special powers like growing big and smaller than the atom. Like this there are 18 siddhies. Hanuman possesses a few siddhies hence he is a lesser god.

3. Arts numbering 64 including dance and music

4. Power of creation of 'Panch Mahabhut' (like hydrogen helium )and soul.

ON THE ABOVE CRITERIAS THE ACHAR BRAHMN OR GOD BAL MUKUND OR TODDLER KRISHNA COMES AS NO. 1 GOD OR PURUSHUTTAM.

Ram and Krishna are lesser Gods and the creator of Adam even less. and Allah is the least god.

INDIA scriptures describe all these gods including Allah in detail. and those who say 'Allah hu Akbar' are least knowledgeable persons.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Badcopyinc Badcopyinc is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Never Neverland
Posts: 924
  Badcopyinc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
PEOPLE all over the world and over millennium speculated and debated on this question without any knowledge about him. So let us know him first.

To create a criteria and list of requirements one “must” be the source. And seeing how every account from all advanced beings even those considered as gods by us in the past have stated that no being has communicated with source. I don’t see how this post can be taken with any validity. Especially since you are contradicting your opening statement.

And from what I know of higher dimensionsal beings is they don’t place labels on beings such as god, lesser god or greater god. I also would never follow any god that does. To create and place an ideal that any one being is better or less than another is an action stemming from ego. This is much like the system that is already in place. The one designed to keep us directed outside. The one designed to keep us following another’s lead instead of discovering what we’re truly capable of. The one that wants to keep us convinced That we’re not gods.
__________________
Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing yourself is enlightenment. Lao Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,756
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
How is a human being going to KNOW if a God lives for trillions of years?

Also, what is "God" to one person, is a "Demon" to another, and all through the magical power (and blind faith) of BELIEF...because, you know God is God, IRRESPECTIVE of belief.

Who was God/the Gods? I have no idea.

I worship Lord Shiva in full Saguna, Puranic aspect...did he come from Ardra Nakshatra (Betelguese)? I mean, Lord Murugan comes from Krittika Nakshatra (The Pleiades)...maybe the Gods were the human 'personifications' OF the stars and constellations.

Was he just a famous Baba who lived in the Himalayas 25,000 years ago? who knows?

I first met Him in Bali, Indonesia during a Gamelan concert...next time I saw Him was at Batu Caves in Malaysia during Thaipusam...the time after that, I took some 'shrooms at Borobudur Temple...He popped in to say hello.

Maybe "The Gods" are monkeys on Ayahuasca some 100,000 years ago..

The Gods can also be the way our cognitive dissonance relates to Brahman..."think about a formless thing"..."I cannot think about a formless thing, so what form can I give a formless thing?"..."any form you like because to a formless thing, form doesn't matter"...."can I give the formless thing a blue throat? snakes around neck? make Him look like a hunky wrestler with a 6 pack and oozing raw masculinity without being too macho...and having a deep, sensitive feminine side?"..."of course...anything you can relate to as being a formless thing will do...".

Funny thing is, as far as Gods go...Lord Shiva either doesn't even rate, or He is totally off the scale, so of course He doesn't even rate.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-10-2018, 11:34 AM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 311
 
Validity of Indian Scriptures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
To create a criteria and list of requirements one “must” be the source. And seeing how every account from all advanced beings even those considered as gods by us in the past have stated that no being has communicated with source. I don’t see how this post can be taken with any validity. Especially since you are contradicting your opening statement.

And from what I know of higher dimensionsal beings is they don’t place labels on beings such as god, lesser god or greater god. I also would never follow any god that does. To create and place an ideal that any one being is better or less than another is an action stemming from ego. This is much like the system that is already in place. The one designed to keep us directed outside. The one designed to keep us following another’s lead instead of discovering what we’re truly capable of. The one that wants to keep us convinced That we’re not gods.


I am discussing on advanced aspects of God that warrants understanding of my previous threads. The validity of Indian Scriptures has been discussed in detail in 'The Real History of the Ancient World' now accepted all over the world including by National Geographic, Oxford and Harvard. You can see the Validity on <www.discoverybooks.org> in sample pages of this books in chapter 6

The criteria and the, source of the information are Indian Scriptures that contain 'All the knowledge in the Universe'; including God, Nature and Soul. The lesser and the greater Gods get differentiated according to their emanation , molecular structure of their souls and their functions . Nothing is left to human imagination. It has been presented in 'Natures Bio-Laws of Action. and ,'21st Century Bhagavad Gita; books.

In the Gradual process of devastation of the universe the lesser gods merge into the Greater ones. What people worship on earth like Allah, are local gods with limited power, and about greater gods people just do not know.

You may not follow so called these Hindu Gods but those who do so, He takes especial care of him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-10-2018, 12:05 PM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 311
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
How is a human being going to KNOW if a God lives for trillions of years?

Also, what is "God" to one person, is a "Demon" to another, and all through the magical power (and blind faith) of BELIEF...because, you know God is God, IRRESPECTIVE of belief.

Who was God/the Gods? I have no idea.

I worship Lord Shiva in full Saguna, Puranic aspect...did he come from Ardra Nakshatra (Betelguese)? I mean, Lord Murugan comes from Krittika Nakshatra (The Pleiades)...maybe the Gods were the human 'personifications' OF the stars and constellations.

Was he just a famous Baba who lived in the Himalayas 25,000 years ago? who knows?

I first met Him in Bali, Indonesia during a Gamelan concert...next time I saw Him was at Batu Caves in Malaysia during Thaipusam...the time after that, I took some 'shrooms at Borobudur Temple...He popped in to say hello.

Maybe "The Gods" are monkeys on Ayahuasca some 100,000 years ago..

The Gods can also be the way our cognitive dissonance relates to Brahman..."think about a formless thing"..."I cannot think about a formless thing, so what form can I give a formless thing?"..."any form you like because to a formless thing, form doesn't matter"...."can I give the formless thing a blue throat? snakes around neck? make Him look like a hunky wrestler with a 6 pack and oozing raw masculinity without being too macho...and having a deep, sensitive feminine side?"..."of course...anything you can relate to as being a formless thing will do...".

Funny thing is, as far as Gods go...Lord Shiva either doesn't even rate, or He is totally off the scale, so of course He doesn't even rate.

therein.
Aum Namah Shivaya


Lord Shiva we worship on earth is the lesser version of Lord Sada Shiva in the intermediate Spiritual World. His responsibility is to devastate billions and trillions of universes and the Gods ( Vishnus )

The highest God in our Milky Way Galaxy or Universe is 'Garvodakshai Vishnu' whose life period is estimated to be 314 trillion years as per Indian Scriptures.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,631
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
And from what I know of higher dimensionsal beings is they don’t place labels on beings such as god, lesser god or greater god. I also would never follow any god that does.
I appreciate the "from what I know" disclaimer. I can read and consider anything by anyone, provided they display that same degree of conscious awareness. It's never about what's factual; it's always about having the ability to engage in an open dialogue regarding said facts.

Spiritual Science and some religions speak of higher dimensionsal beings. The term I've come across most often is hierarchical beings. What's interesting is your term doesn't pre-suppose a "greater-lesser" scale or ladder of spiritual evolution. Whereas hierarchical beings does of course.

Food for thought for me today, for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,756
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Lord Shiva we worship on earth is the lesser version of Lord Sada Shiva in the intermediate Spiritual World. His responsibility is to devastate billions and trillions of universes and the Gods ( Vishnus )

The highest God in our Milky Way Galaxy or Universe is 'Garvodakshai Vishnu' whose life period is estimated to be 314 trillion years as per Indian Scriptures.
Even though I am a Hindu, I'm often skeptical about the validity of certain Hindu texts, in that I just cannot blindly accept them all, even though I am of that religion.

I will give you an example to illustrate EXACTLY what I mean here.

You, obviously, are a Vaishnavite (Vishnu follower)...I am a Shaivite (Shiva follower). You will place Lord Vishnu 'above' Lord Shiva and say that Lord Shiva is only under Lord Vishnu's command to destroy the universe...when I thought all that was Bhagavan Kalki's job anyway (an Avatar of Lord Vishnu) but I digress.

Now, to me, Vishnu and Shiva are each just facets/aspects of Brahman Absolute and one is really no higher/lower/different to the other...Lord Shiva just chose me (that is the best way to put it).

You have your beliefs and I have mine...you will say that all my beliefs are "wrong" because they are not exactly the same as yours...meanwhile, I will say NOTHING because I got over trying to get everybody else to believe me at ALL costs AGES ago...so my silence is seen as 'an admission of ignorance/defeat' by one who believes that Lord Vishnu is the "Supreme Personality of Godhead" when I personally believe that is Lord Shiva...but I won't try to convince YOU of that, because it is pointless...just like you trying to convince me that Lord Shiva is not God is totally pointless...but still others relentlessly try. Why they haven't given up already...I have NO idea...I'm willing to give up...even let them 'WIN' because that is what their ego WANTS, irrespective of the truth...but they will say "it is TRUE because this revered holy teacher said it"...thing is, they will believe in that holy teacher...or their philosophy/school is BASED on that holy teacher, so the writings and philosophy cannot be questioned...but ONLY by one who follows that path...but if I don't believe/follow Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, what then?...well, of course, Gaudiya Vaishnavas will say "that is because you are totally ignorant" when according to their BELIEFS, I am ignorant, but their beliefs are NOT mine, so according to MY beliefs, I am not ignorant.

Now, here comes the cool part...

They will say "well, our beliefs are TRUE, so you ARE ignorant" and I will say, "well MY beliefs are true TOO and they say that I am not ignorant, so whose truth is actually true then?"

...and of course, they will say theirs is true...and show me passages out of the Srimad Bhagavatam...to which, I will say "is that so?" and show them contradicting passages out of the Skanda Purana...only to have them say "that text is fake/false because our philosophy is way superior" only for me to say "well, that's only because you BELIEVE it is"...

In the end, it goes round and round for hours, so to get ANY peace that does not require physical ignorance (to fit the label) or harsh expletives (to fit ANOTHER label)...I will simply ADMIT to being a Rakshasi (Demon), and telling them they are wasting their time with me...and if they don't leave me alone, I will put a curse on them...probably eat them too - thus fulfilling this whole fake 'stereotypical role' - but it keeps other people happy going "I was RIGHT...look people, a demon...fear her! she worships that rogue Demigod Shiva...take refuge at Krishna's feet NOW before she steals your soul".

It is quite hilarious actually.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-10-2018, 02:41 PM
captainamerica captainamerica is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 375
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Even though I am a Hindu, I'm often skeptical about the validity of certain Hindu texts, in that I just cannot blindly accept them all, even though I am of that religion.

I will give you an example to illustrate EXACTLY what I mean here.

You, obviously, are a Vaishnavite (Vishnu follower)...I am a Shaivite (Shiva follower). You will place Lord Vishnu 'above' Lord Shiva and say that Lord Shiva is only under Lord Vishnu's command to destroy the universe...when I thought all that was Bhagavan Kalki's job anyway (an Avatar of Lord Vishnu) but I digress.

Now, to me, Vishnu and Shiva are each just facets/aspects of Brahman Absolute and one is really no higher/lower/different to the other...Lord Shiva just chose me (that is the best way to put it).

You have your beliefs and I have mine...you will say that all my beliefs are "wrong" because they are not exactly the same as yours...meanwhile, I will say NOTHING because I got over trying to get everybody else to believe me at ALL costs AGES ago...so my silence is seen as 'an admission of ignorance/defeat' by one who believes that Lord Vishnu is the "Supreme Personality of Godhead" when I personally believe that is Lord Shiva...but I won't try to convince YOU of that, because it is pointless...just like you trying to convince me that Lord Shiva is not God is totally pointless...but still others relentlessly try. Why they haven't given up already...I have NO idea...I'm willing to give up...even let them 'WIN' because that is what their ego WANTS, irrespective of the truth...but they will say "it is TRUE because this revered holy teacher said it"...thing is, they will believe in that holy teacher...or their philosophy/school is BASED on that holy teacher, so the writings and philosophy cannot be questioned...but ONLY by one who follows that path...but if I don't believe/follow Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, what then?...well, of course, Gaudiya Vaishnavas will say "that is because you are totally ignorant" when according to their BELIEFS, I am ignorant, but their beliefs are NOT mine, so according to MY beliefs, I am not ignorant.

Now, here comes the cool part...

They will say "well, our beliefs are TRUE, so you ARE ignorant" and I will say, "well MY beliefs are true TOO and they say that I am not ignorant, so whose truth is actually true then?"

...and of course, they will say theirs is true...and show me passages out of the Srimad Bhagavatam...to which, I will say "is that so?" and show them contradicting passages out of the Skanda Purana...only to have them say "that text is fake/false because our philosophy is way superior" only for me to say "well, that's only because you BELIEVE it is"...

In the end, it goes round and round for hours, so to get ANY peace that does not require physical ignorance (to fit the label) or harsh expletives (to fit ANOTHER label)...I will simply ADMIT to being a Rakshasi (Demon), and telling them they are wasting their time with me...and if they don't leave me alone, I will put a curse on them...probably eat them too - thus fulfilling this whole fake 'stereotypical role' - but it keeps other people happy going "I was RIGHT...look people, a demon...fear her! she worships that rogue Demigod Shiva...take refuge at Krishna's feet NOW before she steals your soul".

It is quite hilarious actually.

Dealing with my depression I once went to a christian website where they asked about my religion and the gods I worship.I told them about Shiv ji and they started saying that I was worshiping a demon with many faces.I felt deeply hurt because of this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,756
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Dealing with my depression I once went to a christian website where they asked about my religion and the gods I worship.I told them about Shiv ji and they started saying that I was worshiping a demon with many faces.I felt deeply hurt because of this.
Well...you are...according to THEM, but they are NOT you, are they? .....and you learn from this...only 'Christians' go to 'Christian websites' because that's how they WANT it...they have zero tolerance for all other religions...FACT!

We only feel hurt when we take on somebody else's beliefs as being our own, when we know, deep down inside they are NOT...so if anything, it should only serve to validate and fortify your OWN personal beliefs, right?

I look at it this way...yep, Sadashiva has 5 faces...Lord Shiva is the Bhooteshwara, the Lord of all demons...so? Most of that is metaphorical anyway.

Do you know why I love Lord Shiva so much? because there are NO pretenses...He is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) kind of God.

I would say that I LOVE worshiping a 'Demon with many faces' and I mean, that is only ONE description of Lord Shiva...one out of billions...but people with a different or opposing agenda only see what they WANT to see that further serves their hellbent purpose.....it is called cognitive bias.

When one is free from all cognitive biases and dissonance, they have attained Samadhi...but until then, they are just as 'lost' as everybody ELSE is...while the blind just lead the blind, trying to see the 'Elephant In the Room' that just isn't there.

Never forget this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-10-2018, 03:31 PM
captainamerica captainamerica is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 375
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Well...you are...according to THEM, but they are NOT you, are they? .....and you learn from this...only 'Christians' go to 'Christian websites' because that's how they WANT it...they have zero tolerance for other religions...FACT.

We only feel hurt when we take on somebody else's beliefs as being our own, when we know, deep down inside they are NOT...so if anything, it should only serve to validate and fortify your OWN personal beliefs, right?

I look at it this way...yep, Sadashiva has 5 faces...Lord Shiva is the Bhooteshwara, the Lord of all demons...so? Most of that is metaphorical anyway.

Do you know why I love Lord Shiva so much? because there are NO pretenses...He is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) kind of God.

I would say that I LOVE worshiping a 'Demon with many faces' and I mean, that is only ONE description of Lord Shiva...one out of billions...but people with a different or opposing agenda only see what they WANT to see that further serves their hellbent purpose.....it is called cognitive bias.

When one is free from all cognitive biases and dissonance, they have attained Samadhi...but until then, they are just as 'lost' as everybody ELSE is...while the Blind just lead the Blind, trying to see the 'Elephant In the Room' that just isn't there.

Never forget this.

Yeah,you are right.

I will never forget the bit about cognitive biases and dissonance.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums