Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 15-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Hi Lucky.
Hubby also hunts bear, big horn sheep and once got a tag for moose. But the moose tag was a once in a lifetime event. He'll be to old before he is eligible again, lol. And he didn't get a tag for bear or sheep this year. I'd be happy with a deer later this year. He has a private license which means private land. The season is open for private late until January.

Hunting bear? Is that to eat or just for sport? I'm from the UK so don't know alot about hunting. Trophy hunting disgusts me.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal_Moon
Isn't hunting with a bow cruel? Can't imagine that's a quick death :(

A heavy draw weight hunting bow using proper hunting arrows equipt with modern razor broad-heads will drop an animal just as fast as a high powered rifle will.......just without all the noise and muzzle blast.

This is my favorite hunting broadhead

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/stin...1-1-16-3-pack/

Just as with a rifle...proper shot placement with a bow is everything.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 15-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal_Moon
Hunting bear? Is that to eat or just for sport? I'm from the UK so don't know a lot about hunting. Trophy hunting disgusts me.

Many people like to eat bear....I personally do not... but that's just me.

There is also the issue that bear must be thoroughly cooked as many bears carry trichinosis ....which doesn't bother the bear in the least.... but makes humans sick as hell!

Old 15-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Human beings are not designed to be vegans....we are omnivorous and a hunting species by way of 250, 000 years of genetic heritage.

I don't particularly care if you hunt dears or anything else. It's between you and the animal. But to base it on a false premises will be your loss and those you try to indoctrinate into.
If you care, have a look at the article that deals with Eqigenic Memories.

https://www.collective-evolution.com...earch-reveals/
Old 15-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Lepus

Hello

Have you guys heard about the recent news with Blake Fischer? He is under fire for posting images of himself and his wife displaying dead exotic animals in Africa. People are asking for his resignation as a commissioner. Other hunters don't approve of his actions further stating Fischer is making hunters look bad.

Lepus
Old 15-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I don't particularly care if you hunt dears or anything else. It's between you and the animal. But to base it on a false premises will be your loss and those you try to indoctrinate into.

What false premise are you talking about???

Old 15-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
A heavy draw weight hunting bow using proper hunting arrows equipt with modern razor broad-heads will drop an animal just as fast as a high powered rifle will.......just without all the noise and muzzle blast.

This is my favorite hunting broadhead

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/stin...1-1-16-3-pack/

Just as with a rifle...proper shot placement with a bow is everything.....

Seems like there's alot less room for error with a bow & arrow? Unless one was very skilled at it. It pains me to think of an animal suffering.
Old 15-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

This is quite fascinating.
Old 18-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Guide
Quote:
Human beings are not designed to be vegans....we are omnivorous and a hunting species by way of 250, 000 years of genetic heritage.

And eating our own flesh??? That sounds like closed circuit nutrition and a losing bet to me!

Throughout history, humanity often hunted animals out of necessity, for the basic purpose of survival. Many hunting peoples, especially when they were indigenous, deliberately maintained a balance in their hunting activities and always had a deep respect for the animals they killed for food. Expressing gratitude to the hunted was fundamental to their belief system.
Therefore, hunting for food and survival is well and good. But hunting for SPORT is in a totally different category, because it is completely unnecessary and very CRUEL. Modern humanity is so well fed by the consumption of a variety of animals, so that hunting is no longer a necessity. Why do modern humans feel the need to torture animals for no good reason? Is it to satisfy an insatiable lust to inflict cruelty on helpless creatures? If they treat animals like that, then how do they treat their fellow human beings? There is no humane excuse for killing for sport.

Old 18-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
Throughout history, humanity often hunted animals out of necessity, for the basic purpose of survival. Many hunting peoples, especially when they were indigenous, deliberately maintained a balance in their hunting activities and always had a deep respect for the animals they killed for food. Expressing gratitude to the hunted was fundamental to their belief system.
Therefore, hunting for food and survival is well and good. But hunting for SPORT is in a totally different category, because it is completely unnecessary and very CRUEL. Modern humanity is so well fed by the consumption of a variety of animals, so that hunting is no longer a necessity. Why do modern humans feel the need to torture animals for no good reason? Is it to satisfy an insatiable lust to inflict cruelty on helpless creatures? If they treat animals like that, then how do they treat their fellow human beings? There is no humane excuse for killing for sport.

Based on what you say here....you clearly have no understanding of the spiritual path of the hunter.....not sure why you're even here???

But I'll quote an explanation I wrote in another thread to try an shed some light on it for you.

"Why we still hunt
Because it puts you in touch with nature and connects you to the land.......when you eat what you grow and kill yourself...you truly know and appreciate what you have to eat in a deeply profound and spiritual way....

We eat the deer and animals......when we die our bodies decay and fertilize the soil...that grows the grass... that the deer and animals eat....to grow your food and to hunt and feed your family like that is truly the natural and spiritual way...it is the circle of life and human beings are a part of that circle of life.

Frankly....the path of the hunter is a spiritual path and a connection to nature that a non-hunter can never know.....as far as I'm concerned vegans are just pretenders in this regard when it comes to spirituality.

Only the hunter who has walked the woods.....and heard the howl of the wolf across the mountains...and felt the drive and passion of the hunt....and the hunt is literally the circle of life!!!....can love the deer and animals and nature in the most profound and spiritual way and why today's sportsman are the biggest and most vocal proponents of saving the environment and the wild places from human encroachment and are also the ones putting there money where there mouth is by funding government programs that save these animals and wild places for future generations...

The hunt is the circle of life......it is the mystical flight of the sacred arrow!!!!"