Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 30-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Yeah Gem, words have definitions and dictionarys are used to show a commonalityof understanding and communcation amongest us via those definitions.

Stuff = dogs, cars, trees etc and they are all aggregate collections of fermions and bosons. Ive been very clear on this in many threads and posts around here at SF.

When Feynman said stuff between his hands he meant more than just the atoms of air-molecules.

He meant fermions and bosons.

You can go off on any side tangents, yet none of them will deter from the fact that all of the above and pixels on our screen occupy space.

Stuff = occupied space. Now if you disagree any of what I just stated, please share why. Ive read your next two post and they do not explain away the facts that stuff = occupied space.

Maybe you need more elaborate and claritive definitions. Fine except there is a limited number of possible synonyms in English dictionarys.

There is no logic you can offer to explain away stuff = occupied space.




The thing is, I actually explained the unoccupied space concept with geometrical consistency (rather than simply define a term), and if you don't follow the sequence of logic I'm more than happy to clarify it. If there are definitions that need clarification, which ones?



I don't disagree with you, I merely point out that saying occupied space is space that is occupied by stuff isn't actually logic.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 30-05-2018, 03:18 PM
r6r6r r6r6r is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,177
  r6r6r's Avatar
Arrow Stuff = Occupied Space Is a No Brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't disagree with you, I merely point out that saying occupied space is space that is occupied by stuff isn't actually logic.


Huh? No Gem what you say in the above makes no sense and that is after you say you agree with me. So you contradict your own statements as well as not offerring any rational, logical common sense to explain why;


stuff { junk, dogs, cars, ice cream, shoes, bed, hula hoop etc } equal occupied space

PLease share some rational logical common sense to help grasp you contradictary statements and my other questions posed to you above.

Junk = trash = stuff and all of that occupys space ergo all of that is occupied space.

Garbage = stuff = occupied space.

TV = solid state electronics = occupied space


Human = biological/soul = occupied space
__________________
"U"niverse > Uni-v-erse > universe's > I-verse< you-verse < we-verse < them-verse
Gravitational Space ( + ) >< Dark Energy )-(
Time >66.4< --frequency ^v^v--
Mind/Intellect 12 ergo 3-fold 4-fold and 5-fold
Biological *8* --bilateral four's---
Spin <left 6 right >---Pitch, Yaw Roll{ 3 * 2 = 6 }
IS >2<--positive and negative tetrahedron

Last edited by r6r6r : 31-05-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 31-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Huh? No Gem what you say in the above makes no sense and that is after you say you agree with me. So you contradict your own statements as well as not offerring any rational, logical common sense to explain why;


stuff { junk, dogs, cars, ice cream, shoes, bed, hula hoop etc } do not equal occupied space

but you said "Stuff = Occupied Space" a few posts ago.


Quote:
PLease share some rational logical common sense to help grasp you contradictary statements and my other questions posed to you above.


You made contradictory statements. Do you see that?



Quote:
Junk = trash = stuff and all of that occupys space ergo all of that is occupied space.


So space that is occupied by stuff is occupied space. That's a paraphrase, but Where's the logic?



Quote:
Garbage = stuff = occupied space.

But you just said "stuff { junk, dogs, cars, ice cream, shoes, bed, hula hoop etc } do not equal occupied space"[/quote]

Quote:
TV = solid state electronics = occupied space


Human = biological/soul = occupied space




So stuff occupies space or IOW occupied space. Semantics, sure, but not logic.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 31-05-2018, 03:50 AM
r6r6r r6r6r is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,177
  r6r6r's Avatar
Arrow Mind Games Do Not Suit YOu Gem

Quote:
Gem---but you said "Stuff = Occupied Space" a few posts ago.

Sorry I made a mental error.

Quote:
You made contradictory statements. Do you see that?

YEah mental error. Brain is not perfect organism.

And the rest of post was stated correctly but you ignore that which was stated correctly. An intuitive person who has been following my thoughts on this pathway of thought see the error.

You do not because you lack intuitive and telepathic abilities in these regards specifically.

Quote:
So space that is occupied by stuff is occupied space. That's a paraphrase, but Where's the logic?


Gem if you cannot grasp stuff = occupied space, even after you agreed with me, then your have mental repeated same mental errors --not likely-- or your just playing mind games now.

Tell me how grabage/trash does not occupy space? Your playing irrational, illogical mind-games. Dont have time for such non-sense.

Quote:
But you just said "stuff { junk, dogs, cars, ice cream, shoes, bed, hula hoop etc } do not equal occupied space"

Or get over it Gem. Please try have some intellectual and moral integrity in this regards., Mind games do not suit you and is sign of weak individual who has nothing of relevant sinificance to say Sad.

I expect better from you. Please get your head back on track and leave mind-games for the immature children around here.

Quote:
So stuff occupies space or IOW occupied space. Semantics, sure, but not logic.


You know what I believe go your head out of toilet and back on intellectual integrity track. Or not. Your choice but I dont have time for mind games.
__________________
"U"niverse > Uni-v-erse > universe's > I-verse< you-verse < we-verse < them-verse
Gravitational Space ( + ) >< Dark Energy )-(
Time >66.4< --frequency ^v^v--
Mind/Intellect 12 ergo 3-fold 4-fold and 5-fold
Biological *8* --bilateral four's---
Spin <left 6 right >---Pitch, Yaw Roll{ 3 * 2 = 6 }
IS >2<--positive and negative tetrahedron
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 31-05-2018, 05:09 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
Ok r6. First when I pointed out that when you said "Stuff = Occupied Space" you said you make an error, so I take it you do mean stuff = occupied space, and of course stuff occupies space so it's called "occupied space". Hence you define the term "occupied space" on the ground that it is self evident that stuff takes up space. Perhaps you've established this as a premise, but where is the logic?


Logic is a structure where a series of premises together validate a conclusion. It is important that the premises are plausible, and "stuff occupies space" is plausible

It's like I could say "houses have bedrooms" which is a plausible premise, but it's not logic. Logic is more like 1) "Houses have bedrooms" 2) "This building has 3 bedrooms". Therefore, "this building is a house". That's how logic basically operates.


A premise on its own is not logic.


My little expression using geometry was logic, because my concept of occupied/unoccupied space was validated by plausible premises.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 31-05-2018, 05:51 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,369
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
This thread is hilarious. =)

So, is Dark Matter a feature of "Occupied Space" or "Unoccupied Space"? Curious.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 31-05-2018, 07:14 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This thread is hilarious. =)

So, is Dark Matter a feature of "Occupied Space" or "Unoccupied Space"? Curious.




"Dark matter" is merely a concept made up because cosmologists cannot explain the 'excess gravity' of galaxies. They know the total mass of the galaxy, but the mass of known matter shouldn't be exerting such a strong gravitational force, so they made up "dark matter" to account for the high gravitational force which they cannot explain.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 31-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
The other thing is, in QM , fundamental particles do not occupy space in the way we usually regard 'stuff', and the way we conceptualise the size of these peculiar 'things' is very abstract in terms of wave functions and various other means. Very basically, these 'tiny' (for want of a better word) particles have a greater probablility of being 'anywhere' in a particular region of space, rather than occupying a particular position or volume 'somewhere'. A particular electron can be measured, but the question of it being an entity possessive of its qualities (of charge mass and spin) is questionable.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 31-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,369
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
"Dark matter" is merely a concept made up because cosmologists cannot explain the 'excess gravity' of galaxies. They know the total mass of the galaxy, but the mass of known matter shouldn't be exerting such a strong gravitational force, so they made up "dark matter" to account for the high gravitational force which they cannot explain.
Yes, it is a concept, but I still see photos and images from space telescopes which seem to show regions of space where 'nothing' is and hence why I asked.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 31-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,236
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, it is a concept, but I still see photos and images from space telescopes which seem to show regions of space where 'nothing' is and hence why I asked.




Large areas of sky which are devoid of stars and galaxies are dark because no light is emitted from matter (a change in electron energy is concurrent with photon emission or absorbtion) But that's 'no matter present' rather than the presence of dark matter. Dark matter is just matter imagined to be there to explain the inexplicable force of gravity exerted by galaxies. No one has 'found it' but they are looking...
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums